Samsung forum

Question

Samsung Smart Hub Slow Loading

by mcutugno / February 1, 2012 9:34 PM PST

I have a Samsung UN46D6000 and it is connected to my router via a LAN cable. When I first received the TV, upon pressing the Smart Hub button the Smart Hub would come up right away. Now it is a few months later and when I press Smart Hub for the first time after turning the TV on I see "Starting" in the upper right corner for about 30 seconds. The screen then goes black for about 10 seconds, and then finally the Smart Hub comes up. Is there any way to fix this?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Smart Hub Slow Loading
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Smart Hub Slow Loading
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 2, 2012 9:54 AM PST

mcutugno -

Collapse -
by mcutugno / February 2, 2012 11:15 AM PST

Tried your suggestion of resetting the router, but this did not help.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 3, 2012 4:26 AM PST

mcutugno,

Collapse -
Samsung Smart Hub slow loading
by vinooram / December 20, 2014 1:46 AM PST

I also have set up Smart Hub as an activity with Harmony remote with 30 second delay... It does not seem to solve the problem with trying any of the apps (Netflix / Amazon/ You Tube are the ones I typically use). Also have it set up through my Sony BluRay and the connection time to the apps is a lot quicker... Plus it shows that the device is connecting to Internet... The Smart Hub shows no such "progress" just that the "TV is not ready"... I now see the Amazon app show a "blue progress line" and use that as my guide as to when the TV has connected to the internet... Also have a Smart Vizio with Netflix and Amazon buttons and those load up right away... So the problem has to be with the Samsung software, IMO

Collapse -
For years Samsung insists on
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 20, 2014 1:51 AM PST

Calling home to their services (due to their design the servers don't really go down.)

Someday if they can cut out the middle man out of their software maybe they could rival other makers for their Smart Hub but if you read http://www.samsungadhub.com/pr/ourCapability/smartTVAd.do and dig up what you can you slowly realize that Smart Hub is not about us. It's another way to deliver ads, collect tolls from others.

This may not be the smart tv system you were looking for.
Bob

Collapse -
Forgot to post my model number
by vinooram / December 20, 2014 1:53 AM PST

UN55H6203

And I just bot it this month for Christmas...
The LED TV and picture are amazing...
The Smart Hub is annoying...

Maybe continue to use the Sony Blu Ray for Netflix, Amazon and YouTube apps...
Have it hooked up to the Samsung TV (finally replacing 8 year old Sony Bravia LCD) and Sony AV receiver for 7 speakers around the room + woofer

Collapse -
All apologies to Samsung
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 20, 2014 2:29 AM PST

But I disable Smart Hub and use my Roku, FireTV or other thing. Samsung has more than a lot of work to do, they may need a change in leadership to fix this one.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Same issue months later
by puwit321 / February 13, 2013 4:05 AM PST

I have a samsung bd-e6500 which work wonderfully first few months but then started to get bogged down and constantly buffering. Especially with Youtube. It's connected via lan cable. I recently upgrade my bandwidth to 15mb/s hoping it would resolve the issue. Still no good. I notice it happens mostly on HD videos..then again most videos nowadays are HD. Checked other forums to find that all Smarthub users have the same issue regardless of what model Samsung they are using. All points to the server that suports this application. I hope Samsung spend some time to resolve this utilization issue.

Collapse -
Check out this recent discsussion. "What time is it?"
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 13, 2013 5:36 AM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET's Tech Minute

Top 3 news reading apps

With the latest tech, getting news delivered to your phone is easier than ever. Here's a roundup of apps that are customizable and useful for getting the news.