Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung Series 8 LED - Backlight Blooming Problems

by HannibulKing / November 26, 2009 6:27 AM PST

Hi there, I've just bought a new Samsung 55" LED (UA55B0000XF)and am having problems with the "clouds of light" blooming out of each corner and into the picture.

Not just in dark pictures, but even on bright ones. I've put it into Cinema Mode and dialled back the backlighting, but it seems to defeat the purpose of having a backlit TV?

Any suggested settings, calibrations etc?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Series 8 LED - Backlight Blooming Problems
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Series 8 LED - Backlight Blooming Problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 27, 2009 12:19 PM PST

HannibulKing,

Some screen uniformity issues are inherent in any LCD panels. If the light is overbearing or overly distracting, usually having a technician will not fix the issue.

If you're still within the return period of your warranty, do what's best for you - at least discuss it with the retailer to see what your options are.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by HannibulKing / November 29, 2009 11:47 AM PST

Hi there, many thanks for the reply. Can I just clarify, are you saying individual sets could be worse than others (i.e. mine could actually have a specific problem) or is it a general issue with these models?

Thanks again. Greatly appreciated.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 4, 2009 3:28 PM PST

HannibulKing,

You're welcome for the quick response, but sorry for the late follow up! It's been a crazy week.

Some bleeding of light is inherent with any LCD panel. So the perception varies by individual, and in some cases, application.

If you put this is a dark room and you like the Dynamic Settings, your chances of seeing a uniformity issues is higher than if it was sitting in a brightly lit living room on Standard Settings.

If you're able to see it and not adjust it out, then you know what to look for. Check out the retailer's set and see if you see the same level of uniformity. If so, then you might want to consider your options. If not, then it may have been that the symptom was heavy on your set.

I hope that adds a little insight.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung Series 6 Led light blooming problem
by Mark Smarthomes / August 19, 2010 8:34 AM PDT

I recently purchased a 55" 6900 Led the light projecting from the corners was bad shinning up across the screen only visible when no sources or changing channels or very dark movies at night on any input i selected if on Dtv channel 200 radio channel its visible etc.
Replace via DOA through samsung now the new one not as bad but still very annoying.
I have talked with people in my industry & tryed adjustments but the light seams unadjustable. The company i work for has installed thousands of Tv's along with automation, I have never seen this before why me ?
I have 3 other samsungs at home one being a 32" led in its box going in this weekend I hope this is good.
Starting to wish i bought a pioneer before they dissappeared.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.