Samsung forum

Question

Samsung Series 5300

by Bertus1980 / November 12, 2012 10:08 AM PST

When i try to watch some streaming sites, the sound does not work on my web browser, it does however work on youtube. could somebody please help me with the settings i need to change to enable sound on these sites.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Series 5300
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Series 5300
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Samsung Series 5300
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 12, 2012 10:52 PM PST
In reply to: Samsung Series 5300

Hi Bertus1980,

I suspect you're trying to use Flash to watch videos on the browser. You should note that the browser is subject to limitations with flash. Here's a link to the browser description: http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=406298

And here's a summary with flash limitations on browser:
- Flashes version 10.1
- 5 maximum number of instances per page
- Doesn't support 'Zoom' feature
- Doesn't support multiple videos playing
- Transparent mode isn't available

Allow me to say that these aren't all the limitations, but these are the ones the I know of.

Hope this helps clears up things!

HD Tech

Collapse -
Sound on web-browser.
by Bertus1980 / November 13, 2012 11:18 PM PST

Thank you for your reply.

just a quick question, would the video still work on these sites even though it it doesn't support the website.

the video is actually better than when i stream on my pc with flash 11, but no sound. some sites have sound for a while, but then loses it after about 30 seconds.

Collapse -
Re: Sound on web-browser
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 14, 2012 1:39 AM PST
In reply to: Sound on web-browser.

Hi Bertus1980,

You'll notice in my previous I was careful not to say that the Web browser doesn't support the website. It's more like the reverse situation that the site doesn't support the TV in the same way that many sites don't support mobile versions of their websites for smartphone browsers.

It's more accurate to say that the Web Browser doesn't support all the features in totality in Flash. So some things might work, and other things won't.

HD Tech

Collapse -
install plugin
by marp757 / November 18, 2012 9:34 AM PST

Hi,
How about installing a plugin from a website? Is that supported by the browser?

Thanks in advanced.

Collapse -
Re: install plugin
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 19, 2012 7:12 AM PST
In reply to: install plugin

Hi marp757,

Nope, sorry. Happy I realize this is frustrating, but it's the way it works.

HD Tech

Collapse -
samsung series 5 5300 problem
by marp757 / November 19, 2012 10:39 AM PST
In reply to: Re: install plugin

Thanks for the fast reply!

I now have another problem, and it is that when im watching a video on youtube after a few seconds the browser crashes with the following message:
"Last browser session ended due to lack of memory or another unkown reason "

Why is this happening? I cannot even use the browser for these kind of things? I mean youtube is pretty basic stuff.

Thank you for any comments on this matter.

Collapse -
About Youtube.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 19, 2012 10:57 AM PST

See if there is a Youtube app. It's how they work around this issue on tablets and devices.
Bob

Collapse -
Even i am seeing this issue
by ramubdvt / May 7, 2013 9:48 AM PDT

noticed a serious bug. In browser just couldn't run a video in full screen mode.

Please let me know how to fix this issue.

"your last browser session ended because of lack of memory or another unknown reason"

I am not able to play video through web browser.

kindly somebody share any fixes you have.

Collapse -
The web site fixes that. Here's more.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 7, 2013 9:53 AM PDT
Collapse -
sound issue
by Bertus1980 / November 22, 2012 8:30 AM PST
Collapse -
Re: sound issue
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 26, 2012 3:51 AM PST
In reply to: sound issue

Hi Bertus1980,

Some websites intentionally block browsers based upon the device type. It may be working initially and then getting blocked. Also, the TV's storage dedicated to web browsing isn't large. So likely the cache size doesn't allow for anything larger than 30 seconds of audio.

HD Tech

Collapse -
It's a big issue. CNET for example
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 26, 2012 4:02 AM PST
In reply to: sound issue

CNET for example works to make content play on tablets and more. You'll find CNET issuing an app to play CNET video.

In short, report this to the web site's owner so they can tailor the web site to accommodate TVs and tablets and more.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Forums

Looking for tech help?

Whether you’re looking for dependable tech advice or offering helpful tricks, join the conversation in our forums.