Samsung

Question

Samsung Screen Crack 59" plasma 2011

by richwms1 / June 23, 2011 8:37 PM PDT

I have a 2011 PN59D6500 59" Samsung Plasma, and the screen internal screen cracked while my wife and her girlfriend were watching the tv. Samsung Tech and Geek squad said Manufactureing defect and Samsung says physical damage. Please everyone give me your feedback, advice, and let me know of any others with this issue.

Thank You
Richard Williams

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Screen Crack 59" plasma 2011
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Screen Crack 59" plasma 2011
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Descrption of crack?
by Mporter7 / October 28, 2011 9:32 AM PDT

I have same model - last night we notice a wide white bar appear across bottom, and a vertical black bar on right side. Checked signal, powered off, tried another input, no help. Turned TV off and swiveled to look behind it, and noticed that there was a small set of cracks - like an irregular 'X', right where the black and white bars intersect. Nothing has hit the TV, just happened while watching. Have not yet called Samsung. Is this the same type of crack that others are experiencing? Thanks.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Please read the posts
by Mr Shaun Warburton / June 25, 2011 10:39 AM PDT

Read the posts on this and other forums. it's quite common. and So is the reply from SAMSUNG.

Collapse -
Samsung Screen Crack
by richwms1 / June 25, 2011 9:33 PM PDT
In reply to: Please read the posts

I am pursueing this at all levels. I have copied MANY web addresses and I am amassing as much information as I am prepared to fight this. Do they eventually replace these defective sets or repair them?

Thanks for your reply

Collapse -
Repost I guess!
by richwms1 / June 26, 2011 10:25 AM PDT
In reply to: Samsung Screen Crack

Yes, thanks for replyng! I have read many posts and documented all I have read. I am not settling for their USUAL reaponse. My Tv like everyone else's is brand new and like out of the box new. It is a defect and Samsung is responsible and they will either fix it or Replace it!

Collapse -
Then DOOOO This
by Mr Shaun Warburton / June 26, 2011 6:38 PM PDT
In reply to: Repost I guess!

Don't be too sure, they have got more money than you will ever see. And tone your language down a-lot with people that you want to help you.

You are coming across as being too aggressive, and you wont get any were with that. You have got to play them at their own game.

Collapse -
Sorry!
by richwms1 / June 27, 2011 7:17 AM PDT
In reply to: Then DOOOO This

I apologize if I seem aggressive, but I am upset and I cannot believe this is happening! I'm not sure what you mean by tone my language down. I may have come across rude and for that I am sorry. It is not like me to let something like this get the best of me, but I just really cannot believe it is this difficult. I really do appreciate input and especially any HELP I am given. I'm just sick over this to be honest. Who has $2000 to throw away? Again, please accept my apologies!

Rich

Collapse -
You are Sure
by Mr Shaun Warburton / June 27, 2011 9:44 AM PDT
In reply to: Sorry!

You've already done it and you don't know it. you just have to be a bit more humble, when you are asking people for help, they will be more willing to help you, if you don't come on here demanding this and demanding that. How would you feel if I were to write to you Demanding things ? Your Back would go up in defense.

Collapse -
Just want what's right!
by richwms1 / June 27, 2011 10:03 PM PDT
In reply to: You are Sure

I am sorry I have upset you this much. I was extremely frustrated and let my emotions get the best of me. I never expected to be going through this. I thought I did my research before this purchase and I have have much good luck with Samsung products. Please accept my apologies! I acted juvenile and again that's not usually me. I appreciate your input.

Rich W

Collapse -
Please Don't Apologize
by Mr Shaun Warburton / June 27, 2011 10:49 PM PDT

Rich
Please Don't Apologizes, I would be the Same in your Situation. The only thing, that I wanted was to make you see that you can-not go shouting at people,. that you want to help you it instantly gets their Back up

Collapse -
I truly Appreciate it!
by richwms1 / June 28, 2011 12:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Please Don't Apologize

You are right! Shaun, I want you to know that I am extremel grateful for your help and truly emberassed by my emotional rant. Thanks for taking the time to help me.

Rich

Collapse -
No call.
by richwms1 / June 28, 2011 5:11 AM PDT
In reply to: I truly Appreciate it!

Shaun, I talked to a Lisa in Presidential customer service yesterday, and she was supposed to give me a call this morning sometime and no call. What can i do? I want to go about this the right way.

Rich

Collapse -
Ring Back
by Mr Shaun Warburton / June 28, 2011 7:41 AM PDT
In reply to: No call.

Ring back and say they should have rang you back but did not. Say that you understand that they are busy But could they please review your case as a matter of urgency. Don't go off on one. Keep calm and above all listen.

Collapse -
What do you think?
by richwms1 / June 28, 2011 9:10 AM PDT
In reply to: Ring Back

Should i call tonight or wait until the morning? I think if I call tinight I will only get ECS and I get no where with them. Do they eventually do the right thing? Why are they difficult to deal with in this regard? I was polite to these people and then they start saying it's impossible to crack this way and it must be physical damage. It gets frustrating. The initial phone call, the lady I spoke with said it could have been heat and no one else that I spoke with mentions anything of the sort. It's been 16 long days.

Collapse -
easy
by viciousearth / December 8, 2011 6:56 AM PST
In reply to: You are Sure

Hey Shaun,

take it easy bro, he is not trying to offend you or make threats to you. He is just looking for help with an extremely frustrating problem!

Collapse -
Samsung Screeen Crack
by rowena-cherry / October 7, 2011 7:08 PM PDT
In reply to: Samsung Screen Crack

Has anyone written to their Congressman or Congresswoman?

Collapse -
Answer
I'm Sorry I could not get Back
by Mr Shaun Warburton / June 28, 2011 10:21 PM PDT

I am sorry that I could not get back, I hope that you have got something Sorted out? if not Let's wait for the SAMSUNG Rep, on this site to tell us what he has been able to do.

Collapse -
I'm Sorry I could not get Back
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 29, 2011 5:59 AM PDT

Mr Shaun Warburton,

Collapse -
No response from Lisa today.
by richwms1 / June 29, 2011 6:45 AM PDT

I called presidential customer service and left a message just a bit ago and still no word from Lisa. I also called the Tech. and he said he got the same reply of physical damage. This is unbelieveable. My tv has not been moved since it was set up. Not a scratch or fingerprint for that matter.

Collapse -
I Know you will Do your Best
by Mr Shaun Warburton / June 29, 2011 7:31 AM PDT

I am Sure that you are doing your best, and I would be the last person to criticizes you but, You can see the State that this poor man is in. And If you could explain to him what you need to further his case then you would be doing him, and myself a very Big Favor indeed.

Collapse -
Thank You
by richwms1 / June 29, 2011 8:32 AM PDT

I am sorry to be a pest, but I cannot afford another tv and I will be stuck paying on something I do not have the pleasure of enjoying. I did not physically damage my television nor did my wife. I just want what is right, as I am sure everyone else does. I came to this forum because of the information I came across online after my issue and never realized this was a problem. Only after being here a short time was i able to see that most everyone gets this reply from Samsung. Transaction # is 5001387185 USA

Thank You Rich

Collapse -
I Know you will Do your Best
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 30, 2011 6:33 AM PDT

Mr Shaun Warburton and richwms1,

Collapse -
No Thanks It's not me
by Mr Shaun Warburton / July 1, 2011 5:12 AM PDT

No thanks there is nothing wrong with my TV, But thanks for thinking of Me. I just Feel Soo Sorry for this Poor Man, I just think that you are Fantastic. And as I have told him if you can't do it, then Nobody can.....

Collapse -
Another cracked screen
by Rayburncountry / October 13, 2011 9:49 AM PDT

I wish I would have seen this post before buying a 1,500 tv that only lasted 5 months. I followed the advice and a had a Samsung technician come to look at it. He wrote in his report he showed me there was no physical damage present. However, a few days later a customer service rep called me and said after reviewing the picture he took they determined it to be physical damage. My story is identical to those posted, was watching the tv and it went off. When I looked close at the tv after trying to turn it back on I found the crack. After telling them I was filing a complaint, they agreed to pay for the parts and not the labor. I called Geek Squad and they said it was up to Samsung, glad I paid $337 for that customer service. I have never been so disappointed in a purchase and if Samsung does not make this right, I will file a law suit and will make sure I do very thing possible to keep people around my city from ever buying a Samsung product. My case number is 4112473005.

Collapse -
What Can I do?
by richwms1 / June 29, 2011 6:49 AM PDT

Shaun, Where do I go from here? My TV was defective, not physically damaged.

Collapse -
Just a tip.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 29, 2011 7:59 AM PDT
In reply to: What Can I do?

Always post the Transaction numbers and what country.

Collapse -
Thank You
by richwms1 / June 29, 2011 8:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Just a tip.

Transaction # is 5001387185 USA

Thank You

Collapse -
Answer
Samsung screen crack
by rowena-cherry / October 7, 2011 11:17 AM PDT

My Samsung plasma screen lasted two hours total before cracking. I watched one movie, and then the TV buzzed and all the lettering in the movie credits turned red, the color faded to black from the left all across the screen. When I looked closely at the black screen, I saw a crack on the inside. The screen itself is smooth, the crack is behind the glass. There is no physical damage at all.
No one touched the TV. It was on the wall.

Collapse -
Answer
my tv is getting fixed
by digem11 / February 28, 2012 10:09 AM PST

Samsung has just agreed to replace the panel for the labor cost. Best buy labor is 150 dollars. Part samsung is paying for is about 1300 dollars.

Collapse -
Really????
by richwms1 / March 27, 2012 9:52 AM PDT
In reply to: my tv is getting fixed

Who did you talk to? It's been 9 months and nothing but a payment and no tv for me. Sorry i haven't responded sooner. How did you get them to agree to this?

Collapse -
How did you do it?
by Seadweller2 / April 8, 2015 6:32 AM PDT
In reply to: my tv is getting fixed

Hi I know it's been a while but how did you do it, who did you talk to you? I don't mind paying the labour!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.