Phones forum

General discussion

samsung sch r351 pc drivers?????

by techker / October 14, 2009 8:40 PM PDT

Hey guys i have been messing arroung for hours on this vergin mobile samsung sch r351 link..

i got pc studio i got all drivers but one that my pc or yet another pc i have does not want to find or install the drivers??

samsung cdma technologies..

when i plug it in i see a driver pop up "port" and one samsung cdma modem serial port wmd...

any body had a similar issue???

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: samsung sch r351 pc drivers?????
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: samsung sch r351 pc drivers?????
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung Freeform
by FearTheNoFear / January 16, 2010 3:40 AM PST

I have had problems with this to. Samsung doesn't have the Samsung PC Studio under the R351. Only a manual which is still in Spanish even though it says it's in English. Windows 7 says that Samsung doesn't support this phone any more or something like that. I was able to get my computer to charge it via the usb link but that was about it. There could be another program that might be able to connect to the phone. If I get anything to work, I'll let you know.

Collapse -
sch r351 problems..
by pattypan_98 / June 7, 2011 4:15 PM PDT
In reply to: Samsung Freeform

also have this problem...it initially downloaded and then claimed that the file was corrupt...even the manual...and then it wouldnt connect...properly...i just kept trying and trying to connect with the pc but according to my pc there is no driver for it! so am still trying to find a solution...did anyone else find a solution and thanks..mine did the exact same as the above message..i have gone to the samsung site to try to download the driver but i cant seem to find it...just the manual which is also corrupt...or something like that....anyone with a solution let me know and thanks..please post greatly appreciated.... Grin

Collapse -
Samsung sch r351
by MemphisD / February 1, 2010 11:57 PM PST

I had hours of fun with this one too
Just go to Tools in the Samsung
with your USB cable connected
and click on 6.Mass Storage.
It will automatically install needed drivers
and Bob's Your Uncle

Collapse -
Samsung sch r351
by FearTheNoFear / February 2, 2010 12:50 AM PST
In reply to: Samsung sch r351

I can't really follow your directions. Which samsung studio are you using?

Collapse -
sch-r351
by downe7686 / February 2, 2010 5:09 AM PST

ok... to confirm... what he was saying is that you must connect the phone to the computer. it should come up with found new hardware(with win xp). close that. on your phone, press the centre button. go to tools/settings, then tools. then press "5. Mass Storage". choose the option "connect to pc" and your computer should pick it up as a mass storage device. if you have the microsd card installed, it should also pick up the mmc storage device. once everything is done installing, go to my computer, open up the removable drive assigned to the phone, click on the folder "My_Music" and place your music in there. If your phone doesnt have it (you dont have any music downloaded) create the folder "MY_MUSIC" and it should help speed things up.

NOW bobs your uncle

Collapse -
too easy
by scooterdod / February 5, 2010 2:17 AM PST
In reply to: sch-r351

All you have to do is put the Micro sd cared in the phone connect the cable and bam you are connected! Do not change USB mas storage name,, just put the card in ....

Collapse -
found new hardware
by pattypan_98 / June 7, 2011 4:21 PM PDT

well...my pc doesnt say found new hardware anymore..when i connect the usb cable...it just makes a sound but nothing else comes up other than the virus checker for scanning!..so any solutions for the usb driver for this phone would help and thanks...or any ideas as to why the pc doesnt recognise the phone..

Collapse -
SCH-R351
by torontocb / June 16, 2011 6:30 AM PDT

I found the "Music" folder better. The Music player in the phone couldn't find the MP3 files I placed in the "My_Music" folder.

Collapse -
WooHoo!
by MsY0rk / February 11, 2011 7:37 AM PST

MemphisD, Thank you sooo much!! i have this phone for over a year and still didn't get how 2 conect. but yes! Thanks Bigtime!! UncleBob??! Happy

Collapse -
in detail (simple)
by tonypilon / March 22, 2011 2:46 PM PDT
In reply to: WooHoo!

press the center button on your Samsung Link, go to Tools/Settings, Tools, Mass Storage, then Connect to PC... and your drivers should install automatically Happy have fun everyone

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.