Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung remote that supports anynet and can be programmed

by paratwa48 / August 9, 2009 10:54 AM PDT

I am currently trying to use a Harmony 550 remote because the horrible remotes that samsung gives out with their tv's are not programmable.

Is there a samsung remote that I can buy that is designed to work with the anynet function but is also programmable so that I can control my HT pioneer receiver?

And why is it that Samsung does not supply a programmable remote with their tv's? In today's electronic environment that should be a requirement!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung remote that supports anynet and can be programmed
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung remote that supports anynet and can be programmed
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Waiting
by paratwa48 / August 10, 2009 4:44 AM PDT

Just a bump

Collapse -
Samsung remote that supports anynet and can be programmed
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 10, 2009 6:37 AM PDT

paratwa48,

The Harmony remotes have a learning code if they're not already programmed in from a downloadable file. You can teach the remote the TOOLS button, which will give you access to the Anynet+ functionality, so from what I've heard, it is possible. I can't speak for other manufacturer's products or their product lineup, but maybe someone else can share their experience with that.

I can't speak to why certain remote decisions are made.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by paratwa48 / August 10, 2009 5:35 PM PDT

Does Samsung make a programmable remote that works out of the box with anynet? One that natively supports samsung, but is also capable of learning other devices.

Collapse -
bump
by paratwa48 / August 12, 2009 5:55 AM PDT
In reply to: reply

bump

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 12, 2009 6:29 PM PDT
In reply to: reply

paratwa48,

If you mean like a "seperately sold" one, no, not that I'm aware of.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.