Samsung forum

Question

Samsung remote disconnecting

by blueflash99 / March 2, 2012 10:32 AM PST

I have a Samsung UA46D7000 TV and have installed the Samsung remote app on my ipad. I can connect the ipad and TV ok via wireless. When I use the ipad to change channels or do anything else, the command is executed but then the ipad is immediately disconnected. I can reconnect, do another remote function the get disconnected again.
What must I do to remain connected?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung remote disconnecting
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung remote disconnecting
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Samsung remote disconnecting
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 2, 2012 11:27 AM PST

blueflash99,

I'm not sure. Do you know if the TV or the iPad is disconnecting?

If the picture or streaming movie still plays, then it's not the TV disconnecting from the network.

--HDTech

Collapse -
re samsung remote disconnecting
by blueflash99 / March 2, 2012 11:49 AM PST

The TV keeps going with what I have chosen. The disconnected message comes up on the ipad and I have to reconnect to the TV.
I haven't had any problems with the ipad disconnecting when running any other apps.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 2, 2012 12:54 PM PST

blueflash99 -

But that doesn't indicate if that's where the problem might be.

It could be router settings as a variable - but I wouldn't be able to assist with that.

Try live troubleshooting at 800-SAMSUNG to see if they can assist. Otherwise, it may be an issue with router settings and that's something we can't assist with.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by planetawylie / March 14, 2012 1:04 PM PDT

I was using the same ipad app, and it was working until I upgraded the other day to iOS5.1 (9B176). When the devices list shows my TV, I select it. Then it shows the 3 main selections. Before I get a chance to select one, it throws a network connection error, and goes back to the devices list. It looks like 5.1 has changed something.

Collapse -
Answer
Samsung Remote Ipad
by wolf614 / March 15, 2012 10:26 PM PDT

I am having this same issue on my Ipads but not on my Iphone. Happened right after I upgraded to iOS 5.1.

Collapse -
Confirmed iOS 5.1
by wolf614 / March 16, 2012 12:09 AM PDT
In reply to: Samsung Remote Ipad

After installing iOS 5.1 on my Ipad2 the Samsung Remote disconnects when trying to start. Something in the iOS 5.1 has broken the Samsung remote app.

Collapse -
Confirmed iOS 5.1
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 16, 2012 5:24 AM PDT
In reply to: Confirmed iOS 5.1

wolf614 -

I'll report this to our development team and let them know that some users may be experiencing difficulties after updating.

Perhaps there may be an update that will address this already in the works, but I'll be happy to send it up.

--HDTech

Collapse -
re: samsung remote disconnecting
by blueflash99 / March 16, 2012 11:28 AM PDT
In reply to: Confirmed iOS 5.1

My original problem is not related to OS 5 as I haven't upgraded to that.
The problem is that a disconnect occurs every time I issue a command from the ipad. Any movie streaming stops too.

Collapse -
Re: Samsung remote disconnecting
by planetawylie / March 16, 2012 8:34 PM PDT

Can you try installing the app called myTifi. See if you experience the same issue. This will help narrow down the cause (iPad vs TV vs Router). These apps and the TV communicate thru UPnP so need to make sure the router is allowing that.

Collapse -
Samsung App fails MyTifi working
by Cpmdoc / March 16, 2012 10:31 PM PDT

I have same problem with disconnecting of Samsung Remote App on iPad and phone.

MyTifi does work though so it looks to be an app problem with its 5.1

Collapse -
myTifi Remote now available for iPad
by funnel20 / May 14, 2012 7:33 AM PDT

Last week we released a universal version of myTifi Remote.
This means it's fully optimized for iPad.

And the best news; it works flawless with iOS 5.1 (and lower, up until 4.0).

Download myTifi Remote for free at:
App Store

Collapse -
re samsung tv app
by blueflash99 / March 17, 2012 2:54 PM PDT

Installed myTifi and it works like a charm - only problem is that it doesn't allow use of ipad keyboard which is what I really want.

Collapse -
Keyboard problems
by Pableux / April 15, 2012 12:12 PM PDT
In reply to: re samsung tv app

Hi, I try to use iPad keyboard on Samsung tv, for example, to find something in Youtube. But, it's no longer available since the app upgrade, months ago.
Also, the newest ipad Samsung app problem is that it can't connect with Samsung tv app.

Collapse -
myTifi Remote now available for iPad
by funnel20 / May 14, 2012 7:35 AM PDT

Last week we released a universal version of myTifi Remote.
This means it's fully optimized for iPad.

So now you should be able to use your iPad's keyboard.

Download myTifi Remote for free at:
App Store

Collapse -
Mytifi
by Zandersop / March 24, 2012 6:15 PM PDT

I have the same problem and followed your advice. The app mytifi does not have the disconnecting problem. So the problem is narrowed.

Collapse -
re samsung tv app
by blueflash99 / March 25, 2012 9:18 AM PDT
In reply to: Mytifi

I don't know if this is relevant but I tried reinstalling the app, turning on and off etc but still couldn't solve the problem so I gave up.
The other day I got a message to upgrade the tv from 010018 to010021 which I did. This apparently was to include Netflix to the smart menu ( as far as I can see it didn't) but after the upgrade I tried the remote again and it is now working without any problems!!!

Collapse -
Same problem but not fixed by update
by gbmsul1 / March 25, 2012 5:38 PM PDT

My iPad is on 5.1 and my d8000 is on version 10021. The Samsung iPad app gives the disconnected message, the mytifi works as does the iPhone app which I installed on my iPad!
Please fix this, because neither of the options help with text entry.

Collapse -
Still not working
by wolf614 / March 25, 2012 10:16 PM PDT

My Ipad is also at 5.1 and my TV is at 10021 and still does not work. This is a problem with the Samsung App.
Regards,

Collapse -
Anything new on this app Samsung? Still not working.
by wolf614 / April 15, 2012 10:41 PM PDT
In reply to: Still not working

I was wondering if anyone has seen anything change on this app. Mine still does not work! Will we be seeing a update to the Ipad app Samsung?

Collapse -
From Samsung regarding iPad app.
by wiltonshagpile / April 16, 2012 12:35 AM PDT

Got through to there app s people and was assured they were aware of the problem and were working on a fix..... but that was weeks ago.

They were very difficult to contact and getting a coherent answer was even harder. they obviously don't think its a big issue judging by the time its taking to correct.

Bet it would have been fixed the day before it went bust if it was on one of there phones!!! Samsung don't like iPad/Phone.

All the best Wilt
Sad

Collapse -
Thanks!
by wolf614 / April 16, 2012 4:02 AM PDT

Thanks for the update wiltonshagpile!

Collapse -
Samsung vs Ipad app
by Pableux / April 17, 2012 2:37 AM PDT

Yes, but this is an ethic issue.
At last, we (consumers) are who buy those things like samsung tv, apple ipad, expecting to enjoy it, not to be in the middle of the brands fight.
I'm sorry, but all of those big companies should work together to offer a good experience between their gadgets.

Collapse -
Mytifi and iPhone App
by Amby_C / July 21, 2012 11:59 PM PDT
In reply to: Mytifi

Don't know if this is just a coincidence...

I read the problems with the Samsung iPhone app of other users as I have experienced the same problem. I also then found out about the Mytifi app so I downloaded that and gave it a go. The mytifi app worked all fine for me allowing use of all functions. Then just for fun, I retried the Samsung app and it worked for me! No disconnection problem. All of the functions work on the Samsung app so I'm all good!

As I said, this may just be a coincidence for me but I now have the Samsung and the Mytifi apps working from my iPhone as alternative remotes for my Samsung TV (UA32ES6200). My iPhone is on iOS 5.1.1 (9B206)

Collapse -
Answer
Any Resolution yet ?
by parisarc / April 21, 2012 10:46 AM PDT

The problem is stlll there. How is it possible that Samsung leave us with this problem for so much time. We need a bug fix for iPad 3.

Pleasseeeeeeeeeee

Collapse -
I agree!
by wolf614 / April 21, 2012 2:35 PM PDT
In reply to: Any Resolution yet ?

Almost 3 Months now with this problem!,,

Collapse -
Answer
Try this
by Novice788 / May 1, 2012 10:02 PM PDT

I had this problem too. Deleting the app on the iPad and reloading didn't work. I tried the following though: menu button, scroll down to system tab and select, scroll down to network remote control tab and select, go to iPad tab and select, select delete. After deleting this I tried the connection from my iPad again and selected allow on the tv when it tried to connect. It worked after this after this issue with losing the connection previously. Hope this helps.

Collapse -
Fix to iPad remote that works.!!!!!!!
by wiltonshagpile / May 2, 2012 1:14 AM PDT
In reply to: Try this

Hi Novice788, I advance you to Master.......... brilliant it works, you must be the first in 2 months that's tried deleting and reinstating on the TV.

Would have been nice if Samsung had informed people of this fix, i guess new fix because I tried this 3 months ago with no effect.

Many thanks again. Wilt

Collapse -
Sorry but back to novice.
by wiltonshagpile / May 2, 2012 3:33 AM PDT

Sorry but soon as you close the iPad and the signals lost to your wifi it's forgotten. You have to go through the delete then connect......to get it back....

STILL NO FIX!!!!! CAN YOU BELEVE 3 MONTHS AND NO FIX. SAMSUNG HAVE A LOT TO ANSWER TO....

Collapse -
Partially works
by planetawylie / May 2, 2012 11:34 AM PDT

So I removed the remote app device from the network remote devices listed thru the tv menu, and then opened the iPad app again. Allow access to it. Then the remote app works. It only stops working for me once I either turn off the TV or close the iPad app (kill the process - running in the background and returning to it and it still works.) Disabling wifi and reenabling and the app still works for me.

Collapse -
Not how it woks on iPhone
by wiltonshagpile / May 2, 2012 4:52 PM PDT
In reply to: Partially works

Don't. Red to go through this proccess every time on the iPhone. STILL BROKE!!! COME ON SAMSUNG WHAT'S UP WITH YOUR CUSTOMER SATISFACTION!!

Wilt

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET's Tech Minute

Top 3 news reading apps

With the latest tech, getting news delivered to your phone is easier than ever. Here's a roundup of apps that are customizable and useful for getting the news.