Samsung forum

Samsung Refrigerator complaint

by antne56 / May 25, 2012 4:18 AM PDT

Can anyone tell me how i can resolve an issue with a Samsung Refrigerator?
Not sure if these threads are for electronics only.
Thanks, Tony

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Refrigerator complaint
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Refrigerator complaint
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Complain away
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 25, 2012 4:32 AM PDT

Sorry to hear that you're having a problem, and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. In order for me to better help you, could you please provide for me the complete model code for this device? Also, could you describe the nature of your problem? (i.e. what are you expecting to happen that doesn't or vice versa? When did it start?)

I hope I can get this issue fixed for you!

-- HD Tech

Collapse -
Same exact problem!
by IanHerndon / June 8, 2012 2:43 PM PDT
In reply to: Complain away

I had the Samsung French Style RF4287 installed the other month. Immediately upon delivery it turned on with a blinking 5 e code. They suggested resetting it and waiting 24 hours. Nothing. Service tech came out and opened it up, did something and the code never came back. Until today. For the first time since install the fridge was without power for just a moment. Immediately after powering back on the blinking 5e code reappeared. To me it would seem like some type of sensor that was simply reset, but not truly fixed? Please help. These aren't cheap, I have a newborn due in 2 months and dealing with stuff like this shouldn't be at the forefront of our thoughts. Thanks for anything you can do.

Collapse -
Samsung RF267AERS/XAA Refrigerator
by antne56 / June 8, 2012 11:15 PM PDT

Hi Samsung Tech, Thanks for the response.
The model code is RF267AERS/XAA.
I had the unit delivered and installed on Friday 5/11/12.
We went away for the weekend and when we returned Sunday night the freezer compartment was not cooling properly and the food was partially thawed.

I contacted Samsung on Monday and was told they would have a tech come out Tuesday. Withing hours they called me back and said to assure they had the parts to repair it they would come on Thursday instead.

When the tech arrived on Thursday he checked the unit and said it was a major repair,
He did not have the part and would have to return in a couple days.

The following Monday he returned and after removing the back panel he told me he had the wrong part.
This time he would return on Thursday to repair.

On the third visit he spent over 2 hours working on the unit and at the end of the visit informed me that it could not be repaired and for me to contact Samsung and they would file an exchange request that would take 3 to 5 days and that i would receive a comparable model in exchange.

Collapse -
RF267AERS/XAA Page #2
by antne56 / June 8, 2012 11:25 PM PDT

Soon after the tech left the Fresh food section stopped working.

I waited 4 days for Samsung to contact me and when they did they said they did not have all the information from the Service tech to make a decision.

Three days later i called Samsung and they told me that they would review the information and get back to in 3 to 5 days.
At that time I had been we ahd been without a working refrigerator for almost 3 weeks and had lost hundreds of dollars worth of food and and had to purchase a small fridge just to keep the basics available.

I told the tech that i could have returned the Fridge the day the issue started to Best Buy and not have gone through all the runaround.
Needless to say i returned the fridge and purchased an LG product.
To me Samsung should have stepped up and given me an exchange to keep me as a customer.

To me Samsung could care less of the

Collapse -
samsung repair manual
by ryanaveroza / November 11, 2012 2:06 PM PST
In reply to: RF267AERS/XAA Page #2
Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.