Samsung forum

SAMSUNG refrigerator broken parts on back order

by 96heckler / January 16, 2012 1:12 PM PST

i have had my samsung refrigerator for about six months. I awoke on Christmas morning (I have the entire family over for Christmas lunch and dinner) to find my refrigerator was dead. The entire contents were warm to the touch so it must have been off for some time before I noticed it. I was forced to throw away hundreds of dollars worth of food. No one is open on Christmas, I had a house filled with hungry people and a refrigerator filled with rotten seafood. The only place we could find to eat was a Chinese restaurant (it was like a bad rerun of the movie A Christmas story) Till it was all said and done I ended up paying almost $400 at the restaurant. I called Samsung and they said they would send a repairman over but not for two weeks. I take off work the day of the appointment (I work second shift and the repair shop would only give me an 8-5 window) the guy never shows. When I contact the repair shop they apologize and then tell me he wasn't coming to fix it he was only going to look at it and that he would have to order parts. Once the parts came I would have to schedule another appointment to have it fixed. I explain I cant keep taking off work and the woman on the phone assures me that she can get a repairman to make me his first stop of the day. On the day of the appointment I waited all morning and finally had to leave for work just before 2:00. The repairman calls me at 2:30 and gives me an attitude for not being there. At this point I call Samsung again asking for another repair company. I am informed this company is the least busy and If I get another company it will take even longer. I make another appointment and wait all morning and you guessed it the repairman shows up again after I have already left. At this point I am furious. I call Sears the place were I purchased it and they send a guy out that same week? It ends up being an entire board that is dead (part #da41-00404e) The repairman tells me it would take him 5 minutes to fix it but Samsung does not let them keep parts on hand they have to be ordered. More waiting........I had an appointment today and the repairman replaced the board and also found a fan that was bad (couldn't tell it was bad until the board was replaced) To add injury to insult the fan also had to be ordered but it was back ordered that coupled with having to make another appointment once the part gets here means I wont have a fridge until the middle to end of next month! I have a child that lives here part time who has special needs. I have medicines that need to be refrigerated as well as very expensive formulas. I have been keeping them at the neighbor down the street house but this is very difficult to say the least especially when it comes to feedings in the middle of the night.
<div>My claim number is

4113318483 and my contacts name is Steve ext

I need something done if I get no response to this posting my next call will be to Childrens Services, then the Attorney General, the Better Business Bureau, and finally my lawyer.</div>

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: SAMSUNG refrigerator broken parts on back order
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SAMSUNG refrigerator broken parts on back order
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
No reply?
by 96heckler / January 17, 2012 10:53 PM PST

Is this Samsungs idea of customer service/satisfaction? Samsung this is your forum I was hoping for a reply......Hello anybody there?

Collapse -
Got part shipped to house
by 96heckler / January 20, 2012 1:30 AM PST
In reply to: No reply?

I finally received the part for my fridge that was broken since December 25th I have a repair person scheduled for Monday the 23rd. One month almost to the day and 3 service calls (6 if you count the times they didnt show up or showed up late) I have wasted so much time just waiting for repairmen each call has at least a 4 hour window times 6 thats 24 hours of waiting just for the repairman. If you added the countless hours I have spent on the phone with Sears and Samsung your talking days not hours. I still have not heard from a Samsung rep on this forum all other refrigerator posts on this forum were answered the very next day.
Hath thou forsaken me Samsung?

Collapse -
Got part shipped to house
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 20, 2012 7:11 AM PST

Collapse -
I cant do anything?
by 96heckler / January 20, 2012 9:30 PM PST

You are the 9th or 10th person I have talked to from Samsung alone (not counting all the individuals that I have been passed around to at Sears) the one common statement I have received from every person I have talked to started with "<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">I cant do anything" followed by you need to talk to________ fill in the blank with someone who forces me too give dates and model numbers and receipt numbers and phone numbers and claim numbers only to be followed by

"I cant do anything" sometimes there is a sorry in there sometimes not. The first number I called was the 800 Samsung number which was the start of the time consuming maze of red tape and people who I was transferred to who I was told could help me only to be transferred again and again and well you get the point. I cant help but think that this is all just a huge set of hurdles to try and frustrate people so they give up so Samsung doesnt have to fulfill it obligations to its customers so it can save a buck. It reminds me of the credit card commercial with the Russian customer service rep with curly hair who says his name is Peggy, accept in real life its not funny. <span>I will also post this on the service forum but again this matter should have been handled by my first call to 800 Samsung not a month or months later after literally wasting days not hours.... days of my valuable time.
<span>Just for curiosity do you think my experience with Samsung service is justifiable? and if so could you explain (justify it to me)

Collapse -
Update 1/25/12
by 96heckler / January 24, 2012 12:48 PM PST
In reply to: I cant do anything?

Samsung repairman replaced a sensor inside the frig found a broken fan and said the board that was just replaced is bad again. If this frig is not a lemon than I'm a monkeys uncle. This has passed into the relm of ridiculous. Between parts and labor its costing a lot more to fix this frig than it is worth. The first two Sears service calls came to $421 and $495 that's $916 and that doesn't include the laundry list of parts and future labor the Samsung repairman will charge. Every part that has been replaced so far has cost over $200. That will bring the grand total up to over $1900 including the Samsung repairman's labor. That's throwing away money and putting the screws to a paying customer at the same time.

Collapse -
update 1/29/2012
by 96heckler / January 29, 2012 8:27 AM PST
In reply to: Update 1/25/12

I contacted the Samsung service issue at the top of page one. I was promptly contacted and offered a refund on my refrigerator but and its a big but. I loose the money I paid in taxes over $60 I loose the shipping and installation money another $70 and I have to dispose of the refrigerator another $100 all in all I lost $300 in food spent $400 to take my family to a Chinese restaurant on Christmas day (see first thread for explanation) took a day off work (repairman never showed) $240 and spent countless hours trying to fight with Samsung to do the right thing (I won't even give a monetary value since the total number is already ridiculous enough) that amounts to.......drum roll please..................$1070 spent because of a bad refrigerator that Samsung refuses to replace or stand behind. At this point evidently it is no longer about money it is about being taken advantage of and the principle behind it. I will pursue this until I feel I have been treated fairly and I will not quit on that you have my word Samsung (Sears) this has become personal.
On the 26th Sears repair service showed up and after I explained all that had been done up to that point the repair man replied "Samsung is taking care of this" and left. I am still waiting for the Samsung repairman to call me about my next appointment (Samsung does not let the repairmen stock parts each part needed has to be ordered directly from Samsung unlike the other appliance manufacturers who let the repairmen stock necessarily parts for the sake of the customer and to save unnecessary down time) I was told the parts should take about a week to come in at which point I will be called to make another service appointment. I will keep you posted on the on going saga stay tuned.

Collapse -
update as of 02/04/12
by 96heckler / February 5, 2012 2:34 AM PST
In reply to: update 1/29/2012

It's fixed the Samsung repairman finally got it going.....Thank you Rick.
My next hurdle will be getting the money for all the food that was ruined when it failed. I have a claim in with Sedrick A. He instructed me to fax him a list of the food and its cost and he would compensate me for the lost food, which I did on 01/03/2012 at 05:33 from fax # 7178675754 serial# 000g8n623869 <div>Claim# 4113318483 I have called and left my name and number requesting I be called back but I have yet to hear from Sedrick (gotten his answering machine every time I have called).

Collapse -
Broke again
by 96heckler / March 7, 2012 2:18 AM PST
In reply to: update as of 02/04/12

Yep its broke yet again, I have had the repair man here again and he has come and gone and it is still broke. I tried to get in contact with the rep who was taking care of this issue three emails two phone calls leaving a message both times and two weeks of waiting and I still have not been contacted. My reps name is T'ana A. and her ext is 85203. I aslo have heard nothing about my food spoilage claim which was to be taken care of by Sedric A. back in December. Since then I have been in contact with at least 6 or 7 different reps who do not return my calls or emails? Everytime I end up calling 1800 Samsung and I have to start all over again with another rep? I have faxed and emailed my information in countless times and every time I get stuck with a new rep they mysteriously can't find the info and I have to fax and or email it in yet again. I got an email saying the last service call had been cancelled (I would assume it was because my rep had said my refund and food spoilage reimbursement were in the works) but guess what I'm getting ready and who comes knocking at my door the repair guy. He comes in tries to fix it cant said he will have to order even more parts and leaves??? I want a new refrigerator and my money for all the food that has been caused by the worst purchase I have ever made in my life bar none.

Collapse -
Still no reply
by 96heckler / March 9, 2012 12:14 AM PST
In reply to: Broke again

I left a message with every customer rep I still had a number for and I also emailed a few and not a single one of them returned my call or email? I also contacted Samsung via the "Service issues at the top of the previous page" nothing? I want to make it clear I never once raised my voice or did anything even remotely questionable during my conversations with any individual involved in this fiasco. How can a company stay in business when it treats its customers like this? I cant believe someone in upper management hasn't stepped in and done something.

Collapse -
Still waiting
by 96heckler / March 13, 2012 11:22 PM PDT
In reply to: Still no reply

I was contacted by Samsung via email by Latia H.
Hi Shawn,

I have escalated this matter to the ECR team that supports Social Media. They will reach out to you in 24-48 business hours in regards to this matter.

It will be 120hrs and counting at days end and still no contact??????? I also received an email saying my service call had been canceled and I quote

Your repair for service ticket number [4113944562] has been cancelled.

If you still need service please contact us at 1-800-SAMSUNG(800-726-7864)

Guess what I got three calls from Samsungs repair center asking for a schedule date for my repair????????? I told them what is going on and they said they were never contacted????????? I told them I would let them know what is going on since Samsung cannot be counted on and that I am supposed to be hearing from them today, well that day has come and gone come and gone well you get the picture. So it looks like Samsung is also hanging its repair centers out to dry as well.....nice what a class act.
Stay tuned..........

Collapse -
Still waiting
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 14, 2012 5:50 AM PDT
In reply to: Still waiting

96heckler -

I asked that your situation be reviewed. This may explain some movement on your ticket number. Sometimes as they escalate, you're assigned new numbers and that generates an email. This is normal.

If you don't hear back in the timeframe promised (you didn't state what day your email was to base the 24-48 hours on), please let me know and I'll see what I can do to help. What date did you get the email from Latia H?

I'm sorry to see that you're having a hard time with this, but I'd like to see if I can maybe help get it resolved.

Collapse -
Hello HDTech
by 96heckler / March 14, 2012 1:38 PM PDT
In reply to: Still waiting

I was contacted on the morning of 3/09 my next contact was the evening of 3/14 which in and of itself I would normally consider inconsequential, but I have been having issues since Dec 25th, many issues, making this more of a straw and the camels back kind of thing. I would greatly appreciate your help to get this situation remedied, thank you for your concern.

Collapse -
New Response
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 15, 2012 9:10 AM PDT

Could be inconsequential. I'm not looking for credit, but I am attempting to have your situation resolved.

I'm starting a new reply that kicks it out so we can continue this discussion.

Please keep me posted.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.