Samsung

Question

Samsung QWERTY remote compatibility

by akee1213 / December 2, 2012 3:30 AM PST

Is there a Samsung QWERTY remote control compatible with the UN60ES7100 LED TV?. My husband was disappointed that it didn't come with it, so i want to try to find it for him for Christmas.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung QWERTY remote compatibility
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung QWERTY remote compatibility
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Samsung QWERTY remote compatibility
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 3, 2012 2:11 AM PST

Hi akee1213,

You can get him the VG-KBD1500. It'll be compatible for sure, but admittedly, it's a full-sized keyboard. Otherwise, most USB, HID compliant keyboards will work just fine.

HD Tech

Collapse -
Good to read this.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 3, 2012 2:38 AM PST

"Date first available at (some).com: March 8, 2012"

For a very long time I wondered if there was such a Samsung Branded Keyboard. Good to see they have it now. It's also on the usual best selling accessory list at that site named after a river. Currently at #8.

Thanks and good move for Samsung.
Bob

Collapse -
Re: Good to read this
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 3, 2012 7:01 AM PST
In reply to: Good to read this.

Hi Bob,

We've had it for a while actually, but most people complain about the price and the fact that it's limited to 2012 models, ES6500 or Plasma E550 and higher. So I try not to push it too hard, as people will come on later in a thread and complain that they have a lower model, and it's not supported. :S

HD Tech

Collapse -
Seems to still be a best seller. Now at #6
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 3, 2012 7:37 AM PST
In reply to: Re: Good to read this

A trip to a store and no sign of it.

As to the price, it could be less and you'll still get that comment but my comment is that the question about compatible keyboards comes up a lot. If Samsung can deliver for 99 bucks for folk that want a verified solution I think that's what they are buying.

I know that on some models the usual other models work but consumers don't want that "should work" answer.

Still it's nice to see Samsung has answered this one.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.