Samsung forum

Question

Samsung qwerty keyboard keys not working in text entry field

by forum1234 / July 21, 2011 11:19 PM PDT

Hey,

Just got the Samsung LED UN55D7900 and having a problem with the the keyboard side of the remote. For some reason, the key are not being recognized by any text entry field in the samrt hub. The remote paired just fine and the screen recognizes the letters, however in the web browser no field recognizes what I am typing. Any suggestions? Tried re-pairing but obviously that didnt work.

Thanks

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung qwerty keyboard keys not working in text entry field
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung qwerty keyboard keys not working in text entry field
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Same Issue with Qwerty remote
by ChewyKnuckles / August 30, 2011 8:19 AM PDT

Hey,

Did you get this remote issue resolved? My UN60D8000 looks great (apart from Netflix Soap Opera Effect), but the qwerty side of my remote has never worked properly. Like yours, the remote pairs fine. The other Bluetooth functions work fine (like moving the cursor around with touch pad/button) but text entry does not work. The text comes up in the remotes display window but when I hit Enter, it just launches the alternate number pad text entry on screen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Collapse -
Did you catch that other discussion on SOE?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 30, 2011 8:25 AM PDT

Some folk figured out you can run up Vudu or something else and turn it off if you start a 2 minute preview then bounce out and shut it off inside 2 minutes. Sorry but I didn't catch the exact steps.
Bob

Collapse -
"-1"
by j-heupel / August 30, 2011 10:02 AM PDT

Is it typing only "-1"
If that case update the SMART HUB to latest version or it will update by itself so try to type later!

Collapse -
Yup "-1"
by ChewyKnuckles / August 30, 2011 11:41 PM PDT
In reply to: "-1"

Thanks j

The smart hub updated yesterday and everything is working fine now.

I appreciate the help.

Collapse -
How to upgrade Samsung Smart Hug
by veylen / September 5, 2011 8:36 AM PDT
In reply to: Yup "-1"

Hi,

can you tell me how you upgraded the Samsung Smart Hub ?

I bought a Smart TV last week (PS64D8000) and I have the same problem. All the keys on the Querty keyboard are working except the alphabets/letters.

Please advise

Thanks

Collapse -
update
by j-heupel / September 5, 2011 10:51 AM PDT

Make sure you connected to the internet and when you run SMARRT HUB and let it sit there by itself for 2~3minutes. it will automatically updates itself. let me know how that works!

Collapse -
update
by shyamraguru / September 12, 2011 7:16 AM PDT
In reply to: update

Hi,

can you confirm whether this qwerty remote issue resolved? I have recently bought samsung UN46D7000 and facing the same issue where Qwerty keys for alphabets are not working specific to apps.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Collapse -
Remote Issue Resolved
by ChewyKnuckles / September 21, 2011 5:32 AM PDT
In reply to: update

I can confirm that the remote issue described in this string was resolved after my UN60D8000 was connected to the internet and Smart Hub automatically updated to version 3.536-6.0.00061.

Collapse -
Qwerty keyboard & YouTube apps
by veylen / September 21, 2011 6:25 AM PDT
In reply to: Remote Issue Resolved

Hi everyone,

My Qwerty keyboard works with all Samsung Apps except YouTube.

Is that the same for everyone?

Thanks

Collapse -
F/W upgrade
by j-heupel / September 21, 2011 6:45 AM PDT

I heard that new firware resolve qwerty remote issue with You Tube.

Collapse -
Don't think it's resolved !
by veylen / September 21, 2011 9:06 AM PDT
In reply to: F/W upgrade

I don't think it was fixed.

I have the latest 64 Inch D8000 3D TV (purchased 2 weeks ago).

Model: PS64D8000

The latest firmware from samsung is 1015.0 (release date 2nd September)., which is installed on the TV

Has there been any latest firmware upgrades after that?

Thanks

Collapse -
1018.4 is the latest
by j-heupel / September 22, 2011 1:45 AM PDT

go to samsung.com/support, you can see new firmware is avaliable

Collapse -
(NT) Same Here, QWERTY keyboard does NOT work with Youtube App
by fghxu / November 25, 2011 12:52 PM PST
Collapse -
Ouch.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 25, 2011 1:12 PM PST

Until Samsung writes the apps, you must report it to Samsung as well as the App author/owners.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.