TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Samsung Quality

by kcfvegas / May 29, 2007 6:07 AM PDT

After looking around at many different TVs I've narrowed my choices down to two Samsungs and maybe a Panasonic. The two Samsungs are the
HP-T5064 plasma or the LN-T4665F LCD. Since I only have a total of 51" in width to play with where the TV has to go. My Question is how is the quality of the Samsungs today? They have a great a picture, but are they going to be trouble free? Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Quality
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Quality
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sammy is doing some fine LCDs. Advantage - LN-T4665F.
by NM_Bill / May 29, 2007 9:13 AM PDT
In reply to: Samsung Quality

It is c/nets #1 selling LCD & their review declared the set has the absolute current best picture among LCDs.

Yes, Samsung quality was problematic. I bought one of their DLPs 4 years ago & got burned. Guess I must be feeling in a forgiving mood. They have been coming on strong. There sell aggressive & sell huge numbers & have charged into making major components in a big way.

Collapse -
I'D GO WITH THE NEW SAMSUNG LCD'S.............
by Riverledge / May 29, 2007 10:43 AM PDT

THE LN-T4665F is a super set! Too bad you don't have room for the T5265F. These are EXCELLENT LCDs. Beware however, Samsung has put a glossy finish on the panel, may be prone to reflections like PLASMAs.

Best wishes,
River.

Collapse -
Sammy 52 too snug
by kcfvegas / May 29, 2007 11:10 AM PDT

Thanks River, I was bummed when I found out the 5265 was one inch too wide. I'm considering putting it in the space at a slight angle because I really like the larger size. Where it is going is one of those built in spaces that they are putting in houses now. The Samsung 50" plasma will fit perfectly.

Collapse -
I REALLY HOPE YOU CAN KILTER THE LN-5265 TO FIT............
by Riverledge / May 30, 2007 10:03 AM PDT
In reply to: Sammy 52 too snug

GREAT LCD HDTV. AS for a plasma I suggest the new PANASONIC TH-50PZ600U. Actual width 49.9", full HD @ 1080p.

Best wishes,
River.

Collapse -
reg Samsung Quality
by patelbj / June 8, 2007 4:59 AM PDT

LNT4665F is just awesome. i now own it for more than 2 months and turst me, everyone who's been to my place and seen my TV has been 'wow'ed.

No complaints in terms of any clouding or any affect. Picture quality is just awesome.

I'm not so happy with the two builtin speakers, but then that is probably because I am used my accoustimas 6 series II speaker set connected to the Onkyo Receiver. I just removed the receiver to upgrade the receiver to support the HD technology and hence currently solely dependent on the two built in speakers of LNT4665Ffor the audio.

Otherwise, its an awesome TV.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.