Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung PN50B650 on/off noise normal?

by BestBuy Tech / July 6, 2009 12:31 AM PDT

Hi,

I recently purchased a PN50B650 and noticed that when it turns on it give off "two" faily loud clicks, same for when i turn it off (another two fairly loud clicks). It this considered normal operation?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung PN50B650 on/off noise normal?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung PN50B650 on/off noise normal?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
My Samsung clicks as well
by nacho1162 / July 6, 2009 2:06 AM PDT

My PN63B590 also has the two click sound when I turn it off and on. It's probably the switch or relay closing and opening. I'm pretty sure that this is normal, if you have no other problems I really wouldn't worry about it.

Collapse -
Samsung PN50B650 on/off noise normal?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 6, 2009 8:17 AM PDT

BestBuy Tech,

The clicking for plasmas is normal. I've heard it on many sets. If it has a problem starting, and all it does is click repeatedly, that's a different issue. But just clicking is normal.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Thanks..
by BestBuy Tech / July 6, 2009 10:30 AM PDT

I just thought TWO clicks for on/off sounded very strange? Plus, there pretty sharp in there pitch. It certainly gets my attention. It does sound like a relay, again, i was thinking that TWO clicks just seemed odd. Other than that (and the cinema smooth bug) it runs great. Just a wonderful product. Simply the best plasma picture i have seen to date.

Collapse -
Thanks..
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 6, 2009 4:21 PM PDT
In reply to: Thanks..

BestBuy Tech,

I sure appreciate your kind words.

I did send that information regarding the CinemaSmooth issue upwards, so hopefully they'll address it. If I see any new developments, I'll post them.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.