Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung plasma tv hdcp problems

by darkvenom21 / May 29, 2009 12:49 PM PDT

hi, my plasma tv (model no: PL42C91) does not want to enable hdcp, it use to work before but now when i try my ps3 it comes up with a blank screen but you still hear sound and with the xbox 360 it display normal in games but when you try to run a dvd it says no secure hdcp detected. how can i rectify this problem. p.s this tv only has one hdmi port

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung plasma tv hdcp problems
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung plasma tv hdcp problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung plasma tv hdcp problems
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 29, 2009 1:32 PM PDT

darkvenom21,

A blank screen means that it's not receiving a signal at all. This is usually caused by the HDCP in the game console.

The HDCP is in the console - and the television will not bypass it. Was it updated recently?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung tech
by darkvenom21 / May 29, 2009 2:15 PM PDT

yes both system was updated to latest software, when my computer is connected to the pc using a hdcp compliant card through hdmi and i run cyberlink bd adviser and corel DVD adviser, they both say that the digital display has hdcp not enabled. bear in mind it was working before.
Also when i power on the tv in service mode with the hdmi source selected it says HDCP write failure but power-on with any other input and it says HDCP write success.

Collapse -
update
by darkvenom21 / May 30, 2009 10:44 PM PDT
In reply to: Samsung tech

any response?

Collapse -
update
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 31, 2009 11:55 AM PDT
In reply to: update

darkvenom21,

I'm not sure how to respond. I'm not sure why one game console causes the television to go blank, but the HDCP in the game console may have changed after the update.

--HDTech

Collapse -
update
by darkvenom21 / June 4, 2009 5:54 AM PDT

can it be a problem with the tv hdmi port causing this problem?

Collapse -
update
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 6, 2009 4:36 PM PDT

darkvenom21,

Anything is possible. But if you don't experience the issue with other devices, then it's likely the source. Not that it's conclusive, but if you think something is wrong, have a service tech come out and take a look.

The TV has HDCP protections on HDMI, so why the game console says it can't find it doesn't indicate where the problem lies.

--HDTech

Collapse -
my playstation 3 and the samsung tv downstairs
by my-dads-being-an-ahole / July 7, 2011 10:28 AM PDT

hello my dad seems to think that the playstation 3 slim that i have connected to the tv upstairs is some how making the tv downstairs go blank but still have sound please help

Collapse -
my playstation 3 andthe samsung tv downstairs continued
by my-dads-being-an-ahole / July 7, 2011 10:32 AM PDT

is there any way that the ps3 could be doing this if so please reply and tell me how i could fix this

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.