The 2.1 version is for specific 2009 models. The version on the website for your specific model is the latest version for that specific television.
Are all the files you're trying to play match all three of the specs as listed in the manual? (Codec, Audio codec, resolution) All three of those items need to match to allow playback with the PC Share Manager.
What I have:
-Laptop Windows XP Pro (SP3), using USB Mass Storage Drive (w/ JPG, MP3, AVI, MP4)
-Samsung PC Share Manager, Version 1.5
-Samsung LN52A750 TV with USB & Ethernet ports
What I can do:
-InfoLINK starts up on TV whenever I turn it on, displaying Weather, Stocks, RSS feeds, etc.
- I can plug a USB thumbdrive/flashdrive to the TV and access Photos, MP3s, Videos
-On my laptop in PC Share Manager I can see shared folders from C: and F: (via USB) drives. I can see the IP address as accepted for the TV
- On the TV, Manual Setup, I can verify the PING, Domain, MAC address
What I can not do (or do well):
- Hitting W.Link button for WiseLINK Pro does not open the application on the TV. I get an error message: "No network connection..."
- After much fiddling (on the TV, PC Share Manager, laptop, folders, router settings, rebooting, turning devices on and off) I -- accidentally -- was able to see the WiseLINK screen (twice) on the TV. Both times (1-clicking for photos, and 2-clicking for MP3s) the application disappeared and returned an error message.
- I can not replicate the situation to get WiseLINK Pro on the TV.
- I looked on the Samsung web site download section for my TV, only to find version 1.5 -- Where can I get Version 2.1? Should it work for my model TV?
- I tried a forum post suggestion to try TVersity software. I loaded some photos, music, and videos, but couldn't get a connection to the TV.
Can anybody help me with this deplorable situation? The TV is great but is less of a charm without this DLNA WiseLINK Pro option.
Thanx for any advice.
(Frustrated, Happy HDTV Owner)