Samsung forum

Samsung/PC shaky HDMI picture

by erolfox / November 23, 2012 6:01 PM PST

plugged my laptop with nVidia 360M card into new UN55ES7003 via HDMI and the picture is really shaky. It bounded vertically several pixels and there are artifacts.

If I turn the TV on/off is may clear up for a little bit but returns. I've read lots of comments around the web. Some it could be interlace issues. Maybe set TV to "pc" mode so 1080p signal from laptop doesn't get deinterlaced. DOn't see that kind of setting. Also sounds like an old problem because this TV does 1080p (shows that when plugging in the cable)

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung/PC shaky HDMI picture
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung/PC shaky HDMI picture
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Think about it.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 24, 2012 12:30 AM PST

If other HDMI sources are fine then it's the source. Since the PC is all over the map on video controls it's up to you to find out where to set the resolution and frame rate. It's far from automatic but you will find folk that think it's the TV in such a setup. Hope you figure this out fast.

Collapse -
1080p is too fast, but why?
by erolfox / November 24, 2012 1:44 AM PST
In reply to: Think about it.

Thanks Bob!
Up late reading tons of posts about shaky/jittery HDMI.

Seems lost of people have a problem when outputting 1080p to a flat screen. Either cable boxes or PCs. Not many device output that fast, I guess.

So I was able to slow down to 1080i, the picture is stable. It's definitely the speed.

How do we fix it?
I don't have any other devices that output this fast, 1080p, to test the TV. The TV is definitely cable of this speed. I wonder, can the speed of the HDMI cable be a problem? There's no writing on the cable to say what version HDMI it is.

Collapse -
I do not have this issue. Ever.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 24, 2012 2:25 AM PST

At the office we have many displays and we set up the trade show booth and not once. But we are careful to spot where the problem is so we know to change the source settings or source as needed. This is a sign the PC issues like this mean trouble for the industry. I can't be specific because Windows is all over the map on settings. But I see you understand where the trouble is.

Now there is that new issue with SyncPlus and Samsung is working on that. Could be that but the cure is going to have to come from Samsung.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.