Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung P2500 BluRay Netflix activation issue

by jimgolf50 / January 5, 2011 1:43 AM PST

My Samsung P2500 BluRay has worked fine for 2 years. Now, it won't hold the Netflix activation code. I'll activate it and it works fine for that day. The next day, it's not connected so I again need to activate it. This has been going on no for several weeks. I've updated the firmware, still the same problem. No help from Netflix or Samsung tech's. It must be a Samsung issue though, since I also have a Wii connected and it stays activated with no issues (don't want to use it though as the picture quality is not as good as the BluRay player).

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung P2500 BluRay Netflix activation issue
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung P2500 BluRay Netflix activation issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung BD-P2500 Blu-Ray Netflix requires daily activation
by dpvwiia / January 5, 2011 2:43 AM PST

I'm also having the same problem - just started a couple of weeks ago. Prior to this, it was also working fine for almost 2 years. No changes to the Blu-Ray set-up, so it has to be something at Netflix.

Also, once I go to the Netflix website, enter the activation code from the TV screen, Netflix streaming starts up after a few seconds and works fine, but the Netflix website gives me an error that the code is no longer valid and to enter a new code. Just for kicks, I tried getting a fresh code and reactivating it, but I get the same error message from the Netflix website.

I reset my router and also powered-down the Blu-Ray by unplugging it for several minutes, but nothing has fixed the problem. I also tried deactivating the Blu-Ray player on the NetFlix website, then reactivating - no change.

I called Netflix and they, of course, blamed it on Samsung (I saw that one coming) despite the fact that nothing has changed on the Blu-Ray, and it works fine once I reactivate (every day!).

I should note, though, that this problem started at roughly the same time that we changed our service plan from 3-DVDs-at-a-time to 1-DVD-at-a-time. And, of course, Netflix said this didn't have anything to do with it. But it seems like the Netflix database is daily telling the website that the Blu-Ray player associated with our former 3-at-a-time plan is no longer valid, so the reactivation is not "sticking" to our current 1-at-a-time plan. I understand this shouldn't matter since it's the same account, but who knows how their database software works.

Collapse -
Same problem!
by tashton / January 5, 2011 1:23 PM PST

Just started about a week ago but I am haveing the same problem with my bd P2500 please someone help!

Collapse -
Samsung Netflix re-activation problem fixed?
by dpvwiia / January 13, 2011 7:24 AM PST

For the first time in about 2 months, my Netflix queue came right up on my Samsung Blu-Ray without requiring reactivation!

Problem solved??

Collapse -
Samsung P2550 BluRay Netflix activation issue
by fatbob10 / January 8, 2011 7:45 AM PST

This is a Samsung issue. They will have to resolve it and so far they arent doing anything about it. Firmware upgrade wont resolve it. Hmmmm we just switched from a 3 movie plan to a 1 movie plan too!

If you find a fix let me know

Collapse -
by jimgolf50 / January 8, 2011 6:46 PM PST

Sorry to say, but sounds like we have 2 options. 1) Just keep going thru re-activation every time we want to watch a movie from our que (pain in the ___!) 2) Go buy a new BluRay player (NOT SAMSUNG!!!!)

Sounds like this has been a problem that Samsung has know about for a long time, so I don't look for any help from them.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 13, 2011 10:22 AM PST

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue with your Netflix/Blu-Ray players.

Try deactivating the Blu-Ray device on the Netflix webpage, and then resetting the machine by pressing and holding the FF>> button.

This will effectively break "all ties" with the service. Then go to and enter in the new code once you relaunch Netflix.

Collapse -
by fatbob10 / January 14, 2011 8:10 AM PST

jmgolf50's advice on holding the FF switch may work NOW! It didnt before but Samsung just contacted me yesterday and I did it and today we didnt have to enter a code. We will see what happens in future days

Collapse -
Samsung BD-P2500 Blu-Ray Netflix requires daily activation
by dpvwiia / January 14, 2011 11:45 AM PST

Yup - mine suddenly started working again w/o the secret FF trick.

Collapse -
Samsung BD-P2500 Blu-Ray Netflix Activation Issue
by jimgolf50 / January 15, 2011 12:18 AM PST

Mine now works too!!! Don't know who did what, but the de-activate/activate process seemed to fix it.

Guess I won't need to go buy a new BluRay after all!

Collapse -
Blu Ray Activation Issue
by jimgolf50 / January 15, 2011 12:21 AM PST

This fix worked. Thank You!

Collapse -
It's working for now, but I don't know why!
by cohnwj / January 31, 2011 11:19 AM PST

Deactivated Samsung Blue Ray Player on site while friend was still browsing on player. Touched and held the FF => button on player. Powered off, then on player, and NetFlix connected without reactivation.

Collapse -
Same Problem with Samsung BD-C6500
by jokuz / August 21, 2013 3:23 AM PDT

I don't know if I should ask on this thread being it looks like everything on here is pretty old, but I am having the same problem with my Samsung BD-C6500. I had Netflix for 2 months now and the this just started happening where I have to reactivate my device everyday. Called Netflix support, which is useless and they told me it is because the ESN on my unit is duplicated on someone else's unit and whenever they activate there's is kicks mine off. I find that a little hard to swallow. I also read this forum but the problem is I do not see anywhere on the Netflix site on how to deactivate a single device. It looks like the only thing you can do is "sign out of all devices". Any help appreciated, getting tired of having to reactivate the device everyday.

Collapse -
by Highland_Logan / August 21, 2013 7:46 PM PDT

Really... you should always open a new thread. This is someone else's party, no need to crash.

Here is a link that should walk you through deactivating and reactivating your Netflix account/device.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.