Samsung forum

Question

Samsung Netflix error: We're having trouble playing this...

by sammy89876 / January 31, 2013 2:06 PM PST

TV model: UN50ES6500FXZA
Firmware ver.:T-MST10PAUSC-1026.1, BT-G

Anyone else seeing this error?
"We're having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title."
If i just keep hitting play it eventually plays fine. I've tried unliking the app using the trick found here:
http://support.netflix.com/en/node/428#gsc.tab=0
No help. Netflix plays fine on my other TV's, roku, computers, android phones etc.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Netflix error: We're having trouble playing this...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Netflix error: We're having trouble playing this...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Yup.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 31, 2013 2:10 PM PST
Collapse -
Tried all that...
by sammy89876 / January 31, 2013 5:00 PM PST
In reply to: Yup.

I 'think' I tried all that, but issue persists:
*i'm on hard-wired (not using wifi)
*My 'clock' is set to 'auto', and timezone is accurate. I'm not sure how to tell what time the TV thinks it has.
*speedtest.net doesn't load in the browser. It's a 'flash-heavy' site full of ad's so not surprising.
*I believe I'v tried everything @ http://forums.cnet.com/7723-7589_102-378511/samsung-owners-start-here/?tag=mncol;1f
*My DNS servers are googles (8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4)
*I do have a smartTV login & am logged in via TV.
*I tried sitting at the "network status' screen for 5 minutes.

Collapse -
Ask Samsung how to check the time.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 31, 2013 11:41 PM PST
In reply to: Tried all that...

There are more issues to look for such as the name and password of the smart hub. Remember "alphanumeric". It's in our list and we have to check out the router as well.

-> Flash in sites can fail. The fact you can browse is a good sign but it could be one of the usual but it appears this is too hard for most to check. That is, the product appears to be too hard to check the time.

Call it in and if they can't fix it, consider your options. I can't do much for you it seems because of the product does not work with you. Why can't the time be checked? I can't tell.
Bob

Collapse -
Re: Tried all that
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 1, 2013 12:24 AM PST
In reply to: Tried all that...
Collapse -
I tried the contra trick
by sammy89876 / February 2, 2013 1:35 PM PST
In reply to: Re: Tried all that

Samsung_HD_tech,
Yes I've tried the contra/konami trick...didn't help. I'm giving up for now, going to use a roku. I'll check back in a month or so.

Collapse -
Answer
Same issue finally fixed
by Chase_C / February 18, 2013 2:39 AM PST

I had exact same issue for months. Posted in these forums and tried everything mentioned to fix it but nothing. Finally got a hold of a very helpful Samsung rep on email and we went through some troubleshooting steps. Nothing tried worked (and we tried pretty much everything) and then Samsung setup a local repair tech to come out and fix. Tech replaced the board(s) in the TV and I did all the firmware updates. Everything seems to be fixed and Netflix works like it should.

I am very pleased with the support I got from this particular Samsung rep cause he knew enough to not dismiss me and say it was a Netflix issue due to past experience. Was also extremely prompt in answering all my emails and keeping up with the issue.

Collapse -
Re: Same issue finally fixed
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 18, 2013 11:58 PM PST

Hi Chase_C,

Thanks. It was a pleasure to help.

HD Tech

Collapse -
Answer
I found the solution! :-)

Finally, I found how to solve it.

1) Enter in smart option
2) Press the "d" button (blue button)
3) Select the option to reset the applications menu
4) Wait while applications are reloaded
5) Enter in a full functional Netflix (you will need to login into you account one more time)

I hope this help everyone with this same issue. Happy
Regards,
Emmanuel

Collapse -
THIS WORKS!
by KS_Supreme / January 31, 2014 9:31 AM PST

For anyone experiencing issues with their Samsung and Netflix application, I would like to weigh in.

THIS SOLUTION WORKS.

Collapse -
Answer

1) Enter in smart option
2) Press the "d" button (blue button)
3) Select the option to reset the applications menu
4) Wait while applications are reloaded
5) Enter in a full functional Netflix (you will need to login into you account one more time)

I hope this help everyone with this same issue.
Regards,
Emmanuel

Collapse -
To emauorjas125 or anyone else
by Missingunicorn / June 24, 2013 4:30 PM PDT

This is a dumb question but how do you enter the smart option

Collapse -
Smart option
by emaurojas125 / June 24, 2013 11:30 PM PDT

Hi Missingunicorn,

With Smart option I mean the page where you can see the application list. Including Netflix.

Regards,
Emmanuel

Collapse -
Not working for me
by Techguy2013 / December 25, 2013 11:39 AM PST

This solution didn't work for me.
"D" button in my remote didn't work. I went to "TOOLS" button. The chose "Settings". Then I selected "Reset". It reset all my application. However, there is no change in the issue I am facing.

1. Every time Netflix app asking me to enter login id and password. It doesn't save it.
2. The same problem stated in this chain

"We're having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title."
If i just keep hitting play it eventually plays fine.

I have tried numerous option. Netfix support, Samsung support. No one helped but pushing issue to the others.

Really sad. Thinking of removing and unsubscribe from Netflix. So frustrating!!

Collapse -
This thread is more than 327 days old.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 25, 2013 11:44 AM PST
In reply to: Not working for me

As such this information can be outdated.

Why not call Samsung and if they fail, you use your warranty to make it right.
Bob

Collapse -
The following worked for me:
by sg_sun / January 15, 2014 10:05 AM PST
In reply to: Not working for me

You can also find the fix in here: https://support.netflix.com/en/node/8482#gsc.tab=0

Launch the Netflix app.
Use the arrow buttons on the remote (or swipe in the corresponding directions on the remote's touchpad) to enter the following sequence:
Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up
Select Deactivate or Start Over.

Next time, login again and this worked for me. Thanks.

Collapse -
Answer
Reboot your Router
by Levanterman / January 27, 2014 7:34 AM PST

I tried all of the above, resets, deactivation etc, none of them worked..... in the end I found rebooting my ISP Modem and Router did the trick, the Netflix app worked perfectly after the reset.

Collapse -
Netflix doesn't work on Samsung Smart TV
by BeataGintere / March 15, 2014 2:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Reboot your Router

I have the same issue, not sure what to do... I tried all of the above. Can someone share the exact steps on what to do? The details of my TV are: Model Nr UN50EH5300 and Serial Nr Z60Y3CCDA00360B. So very frustrating! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Collapse -
No. But why no?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 15, 2014 3:01 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Forums

Looking for tech help?

Whether you’re looking for dependable tech advice or offering helpful tricks, join the conversation in our forums.