Samsung

Resolved Question

Samsung N210 asking for p/w after SRS4

by decg / December 4, 2012 3:45 AM PST

Hi everybody !
My girlfriend's Samsung N210 Netbook (running Windows 7) was being buggy/slow and the screen Brightness was acting up after a useless CCleaner cleanup (zero change in PC's performance) so I decided to use Samsung Recovery Solution 4 (SRS4) that is installed on a partition on the HDD to get the whole computer back in to shape.

I did both a Fast Restore and a Full Restore, both of these prompted me for a password upon reboot at the Windows login screen with the Username: USER (in capitals). Before executing the SRS4 software, the only and unique user account did not have any sort of password at all.

The password hint underneath the Password box says : PASSWORDS (Yes in capitals again).
I have tried many of the obvious passwords : password, admin, 123456, PASSWORD, passwords, PASSWORDS, ADMIN etc. -you get the gist-

Any ideas on how to fix this please ? Thanks in advance for any help.

decg has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer »
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung N210 asking for p/w after SRS4
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung N210 asking for p/w after SRS4
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer as chosen by decg

Collapse -
About CCLEANER. It's only one tool. There are none that do
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 4, 2012 3:50 AM PST

There are no programs that will cure a software issue but some like CCLEANER are helpful but not always.

The user password issue is at most a 5 minute issue. I boot NTPASSWD to reset the admin password and then I can login and change or reset the user password from the admin account.

That's 5 minutes but I find some folk are very challenged by this free boot CD. For those I suggest they head to www.lostpassword.com and buy that one as support is included.

-> That's 2 ways to fix this common issue. Your choice on the free or pay method.
Bob

Collapse -
Resolved
by decg / December 4, 2012 8:54 PM PST

I used NTPASSWD, worked like a charm. I was originally planning on using this software but I preferred to post here in case some Samsung Guru had any ideas.

Thanks for your help !

Collapse -
Good to read.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 5, 2012 1:16 AM PST
In reply to: Resolved

This tool is good for XP to 7. Reports are Windows 8 on UEFI BIOS is going to be a pain if users forget to create a spare admin account.

Before 8 we could recover with NTPASSWD. Let's hope this gets fixed fast.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.