Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung Monitor Flashes Analog / Digital and goes black

by Parttwo / August 15, 2009 6:19 AM PDT

Hi,

My monitor, a Samsung Syncmaster 2443BW has been acting quite strange lately and i don't know what to do with it.

When i start up my pc the monitor goes on and shows the motherboard screen and bios information. After that the monitor flashes in the left upper corner: Analog / Digital and the screen goes totally black (before windows is started up). A few seconds later the blue led (power) goes flashing and the monitor turns off.

No matter what i do, i can't get the monitor to stay on, and what does this mean analog / digital?

I just reinstalled my OS (windows xp x64) and installed the driver from the samsung website (i selected digital on the setup). The pc worked fine on another monitor (before this, haven't checked with one after). The monitor also worked fine when first connecting it again with the pc, but after reboot i got and still get this...

I am running on a duo-core, windows xp x64, Ati Radeon HD 4870 X2 with drivers and ati catalyst completely up to date.

I would really appreciate any help or comments on this,

Thanks,

Parttwo

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Monitor Flashes Analog / Digital and goes black
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Monitor Flashes Analog / Digital and goes black
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung Monitor Flashes Analog / Digital and goes black
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 17, 2009 8:17 AM PDT

Parttwo,

It sounds like a driver issue. You might try reverting the driver back to the previous state and see if you can get your picture back up. The monitor is working properly - to some degree - because it's able to show the BIOS. It sounds like the problem begins when the monitor loads past Windows and is unable to detect it at that point.

Also, you might want to check to make sure you're displaying in resolutions that the monitor can support.

--HDTech

Collapse -
PLz help
by Sijunne / April 19, 2012 4:15 AM PDT

Is ther anything that i can do to stop my screen from going to analog/digital all the time?samasung sycmaster
T220

Collapse -
Details are far too slim here.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 19, 2012 4:22 AM PDT
In reply to: PLz help

I've seen this happen but the PC needed repair or another driver. Since that's the PC and not the display, the display maker rarely assists.
Bob

Collapse -
Samsung Monitor Flashes Analog/Digital
by yazirakram00 / March 2, 2012 1:25 AM PST

Samsung monitor always have problems with buttons at the right side of the monitor. For some reasons, button analog/digital always keep clicking. That way you got flashing analog/digital signal. You can do checking by click menu button and see they keep selecting by their own because this analog/digital button also used for selecting further option from menu. How to fix it? Tell them the actual problems.

Collapse -
Tell them the actual problems.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 2, 2012 1:35 AM PST

Sorry but it appears you have told the forum what the problems are. Can you tell more about what the service folk told you to do next? It may shed some light on why you posted this information.
Bob

Collapse -
The same probleme!!!
by Sijunne / April 18, 2012 11:10 PM PDT

I have the exact same problem.I have a samsung T220 and it keeps changing modes for analog to digital.The buttons at the right side dont work properly too.I would like some help here......

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.