Samsung

General discussion

Samsung model LNT4061F

by bratpack5 / August 31, 2009 8:40 AM PDT

Hello
about 3 weeks ago my Samsung model LNT4061F started taking longer than usual to start up.After turning on it takes about 20 seconds and sounds like a relay clicking. any ideas?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung model LNT4061F
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung model LNT4061F
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
characters
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 31, 2009 2:29 PM PDT
In reply to: Samsung model LNT4061F

bratpack5,

It's hard to determine what the issue might be, could quite possibly be the power supply. I might suggest calling 800-SAMSUNG to see if they can schedule an inspection on your unit.

--HDTech

Collapse -
samsung
by bratpack5 / August 31, 2009 8:37 PM PDT
In reply to: characters

Thanks for the response, was hoping something simple.

Collapse -
power supply
by shawn8168 / September 20, 2009 1:55 AM PDT

i have the same model as you and i already had mine repaired if its taking abnormally long time to turn on and keeps making a clicking sound then im 99% sure its your power supply when mine started doing that it was right before my manufactures warranty was going to expire samsung sent a repair company to my house and they replaced the power supply and the main board roughly $300

Collapse -
Clicking on-off powering up until out-of-warrenty & failure
by jlakey / February 7, 2010 2:31 PM PST

THE PROBLEM: Two underrated 2200uF 105C 10V capacitors in power supply.
THE FIX: Replace with Mallory 2200uf 105C 25V caps (Allied Stock # 852-7038 @ $.82 each + about $15 postage). Easy if you know how to solder, otherwise find someone who does -- any kid that builds PCs -- or do the YouTube videos to see how. Remember that the capacitor's longer lead is positive (+) the silver line goes to the negative side (-), and get them in the right holes. Take off the back, unplug and unscrew the circuit board, replace the caps with the end bulging up (marked CM852,853), then reassemble.

Common problem with these units assembled in Mexico 2008-2009 -- and thanks to the other postings that told me about it. Samsung site no help besides referral to repair shops that quoted me $200-300 to do it.

Collapse -
Samsung Fix
by Hockeytownryan / December 29, 2010 11:51 PM PST

Hello All,

My name is Ryan - I purchased a Samsung LNT-4061F LCD TV from Circuit City in 08.

Recently my unit started the same behavior and the warranty was up and the store I got it from was no longer open.

I decided to go ahead and call Samsung and tell them my problem. They set up a repair with a local TV repair shop. They come out to my home and replaced the Resistor pack and fixed the issue at NO COST TO ME! It was a FREE repair. the whole process took me 3 days. I called, They called me back and the next day the TV guys fixed it.

Try calling Samsung. My unit was not under any type of warranty and they fixed it free of charge and I never had to take my TV anywhere

Collapse -
Nice Save
by Daniel_Gauthier216 / January 2, 2011 3:39 AM PST
In reply to: Samsung Fix

Thanks for this post....you just saved me hours of researching or possibly fixing it myself or paying someone. I called Samsung like you said and they told me that it was a recall and samsung will pay one time only to have it repaired. I should hear from the service company in a couple of days. Thanks. I honestly didnt even think i had a problem until i noticed today the issue with it taking a longtime to turn on.

Collapse -
Big Help
by bescott70 / February 23, 2011 12:12 AM PST

I bought the same tv back in December of 2007 and just recently started having the same issues upon startup (clicking multiple times before coming on). After reading your post,I called Samsung and they are sending a repair company at no charge to replace what they called a "capasitor". I'm hoping it will fix the problem. I'll post again if it didn't work. Thanks for your post Ryan!

Collapse -
Samsung Refuses to Fix
by susanmbrake / September 6, 2011 10:10 AM PDT

I have the same model (LNT-4061F), same problem. Problem started a while ago, but didn't think to look online until today.

Collapse -
If you want to try anyway. Here's the tips.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 6, 2011 10:32 AM PDT
In reply to: Samsung Refuses to Fix

Post the model, country and the TRANSACTION NUMBER here and hope for a re-review.
Bob

Collapse -
Here's the model, country and transaction number.
by susanmbrake / September 13, 2011 8:34 AM PDT

Model Number: LNT4061FX/XAA

Collapse -
Something odd here.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 13, 2011 8:39 AM PDT

Why didn't you take the first person's name and offer? I know one member declined the service because if it wasn't the usual items they are extending the offer for, you pay the trip charge.

I make no excuses for anyone but just wondering what happened.
Bob

Collapse -
I wish I could!
by susanmbrake / September 13, 2011 10:47 AM PDT
In reply to: Something odd here.

I wish I could take the first person's offer! Happy

Collapse -
This one hurts.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 13, 2011 10:49 AM PDT
In reply to: I wish I could!

After many years I've learned to take down names and numbers. Let's hope the Ambassador has an idea here.

Bob (takes an aspirin!)

Collapse -
Who is the Ambassador?
by susanmbrake / September 14, 2011 8:08 AM PDT
In reply to: This one hurts.

And is there some way to get his or her attention?

Collapse -
See first reply to this discussion.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 14, 2011 8:16 AM PDT
In reply to: Who is the Ambassador?

As to how to get attention, I don't have that info. They do work most days except when they need to do other things.

Some folk might take offense at that but the Ambassador has pulled off what I think are nothing short of miracles. However nothing is a sure thing so all we can do is hope.
Bob

Collapse -
PS. Link, comment.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 14, 2011 8:40 AM PDT
In reply to: Who is the Ambassador?
Collapse -
Here's the model, country and transaction number.
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 15, 2011 6:50 AM PDT

susanmbrake,

Collapse -
Thank you!
by susanmbrake / September 15, 2011 8:28 AM PDT

Thank you very much for your help. I look forward to the manager's decision.

Collapse -
PROBLEM FIXED BY SAMSUNG, FREE OF CHARGE :)

In addition to the clicking, we could not get a picture anymore. The Warranty had expired. That was last year. Researching the problem online at the time, there was no mention of a recall or an affordable solution offered by Samsung. Now, six months later, ready to toss the TV in the dumpster (we had kept it turned off all this time due to fear of fire, as was mentioned in a post back then) we decided to give it one more try and re-check the Internet for more updated information. And sure enough, reading all the positive messages here and in other forums encouraged us to immediately call Samsung. Their staff was very nice and helpful. Within minutes, a service order was issued and a Samsung contract TV repair shop from the area called and offered an appointment a few hours later. The service guy confirmed, that the capacitors were at fault and replaced them within minutes, free of charge. Everything was taken care of in the most efficient and best way possible and we could not be happier. Thank you to everyone for posting - this really helped. And thank you to Samsung and their contractors for their excellent customer service!

Collapse -
have the same problem - what is the # you used ?
by buldawgz99 / August 31, 2011 7:09 AM PDT

I have the same issue, what number did you use to call samsung?

Thanks!

Collapse -
Gr8 service
by Bullcrappy / September 13, 2011 5:44 AM PDT

they are sending a tech out. i was going to buy a board or just the capacitors off Ebay as Tv is over 3 years old. Called 1-800-Samsung for the hell of it and within 10 min. they took my info and someone will be calling me to set up an appointment.

Collapse -
Aargh!!
by susanmbrake / September 13, 2011 8:45 AM PDT
In reply to: Gr8 service

Now I'm even more frustrated that Samsung is refusing to fix my over-3-year-old (barely) TV free of charge. Geez.

Collapse -
Something missing it seems.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 13, 2011 8:47 AM PDT
In reply to: Aargh!!
Collapse -
Replied above
by susanmbrake / September 13, 2011 10:49 AM PDT
Collapse -
Oops. Wrong link.
by susanmbrake / September 13, 2011 10:53 AM PDT
Collapse -
Duplicate postings.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 13, 2011 10:57 AM PDT
In reply to: Oops. Wrong link.

Quite the confuser!

Collapse -
Gr8 Service for you....terrible service for me
by buldawgz99 / September 14, 2011 5:27 AM PDT
In reply to: Gr8 service

I call the 800 number, told them the exact date of Purchase 1/17/2008
1) 1st call, the girl said sir, we need to do some tests over the phone, can you turn off your tv? me "I'm at work and what can you do over the phone except listen to the damn tv click for 8 minutes". "Sir, call us back when you are home"
2) Call when I get home, get a nice guy, tell him the 1st call he says "man people here are a joke, she did that just to dump you". NICE!!!
3) Tell the guy the problem, yes sir this is known problem with a number of sets and there was a recall, just not your model". me "really, everyone on the web seems to get service". guy: "Sorry you are out of warranty, call your extended warranty company to see if they will help". Me "that's it", guy "Yes sir, very sorry I know this is frustrating". Me "Yes it is for Samsung and for me" - Me because it's more coin and you (Samsung) because I won't buy anything from you any more.
4) Call warranty center, guy in India. "Sir we have your account, you don't have an extended warranty with us" Me, "well then how do I have an account?". Guy #2 "Oh well, you did have an extended warranty with us, showing your purchase on 1/17/08 however the contract was cancelled in September 08" Me "Seriously by who and why?" Guy #2 "I don't know", me "what does it say in the system?" Guy #2 "Nothing just cancelled, is there anything else I can help you with?" me "Um, did you help me the 1st time?"

SAMSUNG SUCKS! Guess I'm trying to fix this POS myself.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.