Audio & Video Software forum

Samsung Media Hub issues on Galaxy Tab 10.1

by stacey8055 / September 24, 2011 10:31 PM PDT

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Not even sure if I'm posting my question in the right area. Hopefully someone out there can help. So Media Hub on my Samsung Tab. I love it. But I have no ran out of the free $25 gift card I recieved when I purchsed it. So I went to add my credit card info and it keeps telling me its an invalid credit card number. I tried over and over again. In different ways. Even called Samsung (no help) Is this a glitch? What can I do to fix this? Please help... Thanks

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Media Hub issues on Galaxy Tab 10.1
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Media Hub issues on Galaxy Tab 10.1
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 6, 2011 11:19 AM PDT

We have ONE MORE AVENUE to try. There is a very nice Samsung Ambassador in the CNET Samsung Forum.

If you post there I can back it up with a reminder email to them. That's as good as it gets.

All Answers

Collapse -
Same here
by WoodenNinja / October 2, 2011 11:28 AM PDT

I am having the exact same issue as you are, I have gone through the same steps and my wifes card adds fine. I have been in contact with my bank (who assures me that everything is 110% fine there because it works EVERYWHERE else, and there are no blocks on my acct.) and Samsung who finally after three calls to customer service (they have all been great, just not completely sure what the issue is yet) I had to lol b/c one rep. wanted me to do a complete data wipe and start the Tab over from scratch b/c that would certainly fix the problem right?!? Sorry, it's a problem on your end not mine. So the last rep. was great and told me to expect a reply/resolution on mon.-wed. of the coming week.

What really puzzles me is that there is NO way to contact "Media Hub" directly, Samsung reps tell me that there is no actual offices, etc..(the help number the app gives you rings straight to the general Samsung line) Seems to me that the easiest fix to this would be to contact them directly and since you have to have an actual "media hub" account they should be able to add the card info manually on their end. I brought this up to the last rep and he said that made a lot of sense and would have that looked into.

I'll keep you posted when I get a reply

Collapse -
Stacey, in case you were wondering..
by Carol~ Forum moderator 2 / October 6, 2011 1:31 PM PDT

In case you were wondering what happened to your post, I removed it. As you seemed to take issue with the advice given, I took issue with your abusive (and uncalled for) comments. I would respectfully ask, that you refrain from making disparaging remarks, directed at those trying to help.

While attempting to see if I could be of help, I ran across your post at "Android". I see one person responded, only saying their credit card "didn't work". As has already been suggested, you might want to consider posting at CNET's Samsung Forum.

Collapse -
by stacey8055 / October 6, 2011 7:46 PM PDT

Excuse me but BOB the person who "was just trying to help" was being a mean sarcastic person. Read my post and then his response. You should be deleting his post. Not mine! I'm looking for help not sarcasm. And what is everyone a moderator on here? If Bob didnt like my response he would have responded. He knew he was being sarcastic amd got called out on it. I dont have time for this this silliness. More then 1 person I know has this problem an obviusly other ppl out there do too. His comment was un called for!! By me saying he was mean and sarcastic. End of story!! You deleted my comment?? I guess you care about men picking on women. But I won't take the abuse.

Collapse -
It just wasn't the response you were looking for...
by John.Wilkinson / October 6, 2011 10:23 PM PDT
In reply to: Stunned

Bob did not say that the issue was with you or your credit card - just that your only option is likely to use another credit card. I've encountered such issues before with other companies/services, and reported them, but in the end the issues were not resolved and I had to choose between using another card and choosing another service. Bob's response was short, but not offensive.

You, however, used profanity in your reply to him, which is why your post was deleted. It has nothing to do with men vs women, moderators vs non-moderators, etc. It's just forum policy regarding offensive language, and it applies to all of us.

My suggestion: Take Bob's latest advice to post in CNET's Samsung forum. We do have Samsung representatives there that try to resolve problems users are having, and you may find successs in getting the issue addressed through them where it failed with standard Samsung customer support.

Collapse -
possible loophole
by aaronmcd1214 / October 11, 2011 7:02 AM PDT

fortunately for me, i have a samsung galaxy s and i was able to enter the card number on the phone and when i logged in to my tab it retrieved that information from the servers so thats an option. if you dont havr another samsung device with media hub maybe borrow a friends?

Collapse -
by WoodenNinja / October 13, 2011 7:53 AM PDT
In reply to: possible loophole

Thank-you!! Samsung finally called me back today, told me that their devs. had resolved the problem and I would be able to input my number now, so after work I tried and guess luck, lol. So I logged in here to update my status and read your post. I took your advise and downloaded media hub on my Fascinate, logged into my account there, successfully input my card info, logged into my account on my tab....VOILA!!! My tab media hub has my cc info. It's a humorously simple solution and you are now my hero!!! Thank you, thank you.

Collapse -
Why can't anyone help with this?
by Jlc112580 / October 19, 2011 3:52 AM PDT
In reply to: Worked

I don't understand why we have to go find loopholes, or try to contact Samsung. I was on the phone with Samsung for an hour! They had me reboot my brand new Galaxy, and after that didn't work they said someone would get back to me. That was 4 weeks ago! So because I don't have another Samsung phone to log into media hub on, what am I supposed to do? Apple would not take 4 weeks to solve this problem or return a call. This is unfair and making me regret getting the Galaxy.
Help please!!

Collapse -
Maybe it could be simpler.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 19, 2011 3:56 AM PDT

If the product fails to perform, I suggest folk pack it up and return it.

Collapse -
well Bob...
by Jlc112580 / October 19, 2011 11:22 AM PDT

I have defiantely tried. However- I bought the tablet to go on my honeymoon with, for the 12 hour flight. after it didnt work, and by the time I got back, the window for returns was over! but thanks..

Collapse -
by WoodenNinja / October 19, 2011 3:30 PM PDT
In reply to: well Bob...

Congrats. on the marriage!!

Collapse -
Light hearted answer...
by WoodenNinja / October 19, 2011 7:43 AM PDT

You seem suprised, is this your first time dealing with samsung customer support? I love everything I've ever bought from them but cringe when I have to contact them. They tried to get me to do a factory reboot on mine, I just told them "nope, I assure you there is no way that's going to fix it and I am NOT loosing everything because you don't know how to fix it, so if we can't get it to work another way I just won't use media hub" luckily someone else found a loophole.

My 2 cents is keep calling back and raise some hell.

Another question to all is what bank is everybody using, mine is HSBC mastercard, is this what everybody else is having troubles with or other bank cards being affected too?

Collapse -
by Jlc112580 / October 19, 2011 11:30 AM PDT

Yes first time with Samsung, unfortunatley it was a rude awakening. The factory reboot didnt work, so you were right on with that one. I've tried Chase Saphire Master card... Capital one Master Card.. and a bank of america master card credit card. Im on hold right now, 3 weeks after they were "calling me back"...
Angry ...
Mastercard has been disabled. Hopefully they say by next Wednesday it should be fixed. I am suposed to call then.
Hope this helps.

Collapse -
It's not our cards
by WoodenNinja / October 19, 2011 3:28 PM PDT
In reply to: Update

With the loophole that aaronmcd posted, we have both confirmed that it is 100% NOT our cards or our banks, and the tab 10.1 itself is not the problem, imho it's a great piece of tech. And since the info can be input into other galaxy products, my educated guess is that it's this specific version of the media hub app written for the tablet, the version available for my phone is a downgraded version. So I would say getting rid of the tablet itself would be extreme, lets just hope that their devs. who work on the media hub app figure this out soon. On the upside, at least the android market has most of the same movies available and a larger selection (although you can only rent them not buy them like on the m.h.) it really is odd that there is no actual media hub office or hotline so that you can talk to someone who specializes in m.h.. You have to have a complete separate username/p.w. just for the hub, logic would say that they would have at least a few people you could get in touch with who are the "media hub people".

In reality this whole issue is probably the fault of just one guy/girl, whoever wrote the code for this app., just one small, minor mistake. It's another thing entirely to get our issues through the call center employees who think that they will be able to fix the issue with data reset's (they're trying, I'll give them that) and passed on to the people who wrote this app.

I still really like their products and I usually buy samsung, and believe it or not 99.999% of the time it is worry free use. It's just times like these that get to you.

Collapse -
Invalid Card Number Error
by cgg074 / December 1, 2011 2:00 AM PST

I'm also having this issue. I can't add my Mastercard on the Media Hub. It says invalid card number. I have called Samsung Customer Service and all they say is that they haven't heard this issue before and what I should do is reset the tablet. I know that will not fix that. Apparently it's a common issue.

Is there a way to fix this other than login in another device? I don't have any other samsung phone.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.