Samsung

General discussion

Samsung: LN46B650 is stuck in Store Demo mode

by sobertito / March 29, 2010 3:35 PM PDT

I just bought a Samsung LN46B650 and it is stuck in Store Demo mode. Can anyone tell me how to get it out of there. I tried the solution on another forum, but I dont have a volume or menu or any manual controls on the TV itself. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung: LN46B650 is stuck in Store Demo mode
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung: LN46B650 is stuck in Store Demo mode
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by ChrisLash / March 29, 2010 10:38 PM PDT

On my TV (UE40B8000 LED TV) you have to do a default/factory reset. This is done by pressing the exit on the remote for 10 seconds. After selecting the option, the TV will switch off. Then turn it back on a you will be out of store demo mode.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 30, 2010 4:02 AM PDT
In reply to: reply

ChrisLash,

This is good advice.

If you do get prompted to choose between HOME or STORE mode (and you might), choose HOME.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Thanks
by sobertito / March 30, 2010 3:08 PM PDT

Thanks a lot. My TV is now back to regular mode. I appreciate it and the TV is awesome btw.

Collapse -
Thanks
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 1, 2010 1:10 PM PDT
In reply to: Thanks

sobertito,

Thanks for the follow-up, and I'm glad to hear the rave review. Happy

--HDTech

Collapse -
No remote
by Jena81187 / February 26, 2014 11:29 AM PST

How is it done without the remote?!

Collapse -
Re: No remote
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 26, 2014 11:18 PM PST
In reply to: No remote
Collapse -
Thanks
by ynns1 / April 3, 2010 3:52 AM PDT

Thank you, thank you, thank you...
My LE40A656 wouldn't keep any color, brightness, aspect ratio etc. corrections, always returning to defaults sooner or later.
It wasn't so much a problem as an annoyance so I never called support about it. Frankly I wasn't sure support would be able to resolve it.
I tried your solution and the settings now stay where I want them.
The funny think is that the TV was brand new and I distinctly remember that, upon first turning on the TV, I was presented with the HOME-SHOP choice menu and, off course, chose HOME.
I don't know how it reverted to SHOP but, thanks to your suggestion, everything works correctly now.

Thanks again.

Ynns

Collapse -
Thanks
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 14, 2010 4:30 PM PDT

ynns1,

Glad to hear it worked out. Thanks for posting back!

--HDTech

Collapse -
Store demo mode wont turn off
by atest123 / July 7, 2010 11:23 AM PDT

Hello...
I did try the suggestion of holding vol up and release and then the menu on the tv for 10-15 sec(i did almost 30)...but the store demo mode wont turn off.
I also tried the exit button on the remote suggestion but no luck...

Is there any other suggestions...

Please help

Collapse -
Store demo mode wont turn off
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 7, 2010 1:30 PM PDT

atest123,

Wow, it's being stubborn.

Switch the source to TV and then choose the Plug and Play option. That should run you through an initial setup and give you the option to choose HOME or STORE mode.

Did that work?

--HDTech

Collapse -
my tv samsung LED8000 series got stuck in store demo
by guuccii / August 17, 2010 1:27 PM PDT

Thanks to Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff - 7/7/10 8:30 PM In reply to: Store demo mode wont turn off by atest123

for the last 3-4 days our tv got stuck in store demo probably one of my nieces pressed some buttons or something. I did especially follow some of the same topic forums online since yesterday but nothing was really working for me. Finally just about 20 minutes ago I resumed my research on how to get rid of this store demo thingy which is annoying all of us (family) So, finally i landed on this forum and specifically this one. I followed the feedback that Samsung_HD Tech gave back to a user: atest123 was very very helpful. I just switched my source to TV and went up to find plug in play and boom right there i selected it and it gave me that pop up message asking which one i need to choose Store Demo or Home-Use---of course i chose Home-Use. Which worked charmingly. First class customer service by Samsung_HD Tech. Thanks again for helping consumers like us on online forums.

Collapse -
my tv samsung LED8000 series got stuck in store demo
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 18, 2010 3:47 PM PDT

guuccii,

I'm glad to hear it worked out. Thanks for the kind words!

--HDTech

Collapse -
Need more help HD Tech
by cwam_rno / September 7, 2010 11:21 AM PDT

HD Tech, you advise is great and it works. But for some reason every few days our tv will slip back into store mode again. It can take some time to get it out using your previous advise.

Can you explain what causes our Samsung to go back into store mode? We use the cable remote...so I know we are not pushing a buttons on the Samsung remote.

Thanks in advance.

Collapse -
Need more help HD Tech
by Samsung_CE_Tech Samsung staff / September 9, 2010 11:39 AM PDT
In reply to: Need more help HD Tech

cwam_rno,

That's actually quite strange. Once the TV is out of store mode, it should stay out of that mode unless it is put back into it. Have you tried a firmware update yet? This may alleviate the issue completely.

--CETech

Collapse -
Fire ware did not help
by cwam_rno / September 26, 2010 6:51 AM PDT
In reply to: Need more help HD Tech

I have updated the firm ware and still have the same issue. The little red button that lights up with you press a button on the remote seems to be going crazy. We have removed the batteries from the remote and that does not solve the problem.

Strange that some signal would be hitting our tv and the result is always "store demo" again and again.

'Bout to throw the thing out into the street and let some other fool feel like he is lucky.

Any suggestions beyond those you have already provided?

Collapse -
Have you tried my way
by guuccii / September 26, 2010 1:57 PM PDT
In reply to: Fire ware did not help

switched your source to TV and go up to find plug in play and boom right there select it and it should give you that pop up message asking which one you need to choose Store Demo or Home-Use---of course choose Home-Use. Which works charmingly. Since I have done this way....I have not had any problems since then.

If this does not help then please let the Samsung HD_Tech help further with your issue.

My advice to you will be to have little bit patience. Because I know me and my whole family were fed up with this annoying Store Demo window. We felt the same way...we wanted to get rid of the TV. But hey that's why we have Google.com. Anything you need to know....it's there.

I hope someone can resolve your issue. I wanted to give my 2 cents to you I did. I hope it can be any helpful to you.

Collapse -
Fire ware did not help
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 27, 2010 5:11 PM PDT
In reply to: Fire ware did not help

cwam_rno,

Maybe the signal isn't hitting your TV, but the bezel is "pressing itself", so to speak. This could be an issue with the bezel electronics or the board behind it (in the TV), but I'd recommend having that looked at. I think that's the source of the issue if I had to guess. But a technician would be able to inspect the unit and give a better diagnosis.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.