Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung ln46a750 Mac Address

by chuck10553 / August 16, 2009 5:00 AM PDT

I am wondering if anyone knows how to find the mac address for the ln46a750. I am trying to hook up my computer at school and have to register anything and everything that uses the network and to register it i need the Mac Address and i can not find it!
Thanks

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung ln46a750 Mac Address
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung ln46a750 Mac Address
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
MAC address
by _jr_ / August 16, 2009 5:22 AM PDT

Do the Network Connection Test. MAC address will be displayed on Line 1.

_jr_

Collapse -
Mac Address
by chuck10553 / August 16, 2009 10:52 AM PDT
In reply to: MAC address

I see where it says Mac Address but it checks it and goes to Gateway Ping and doesn't go through so it wont show me what my Mac Address number is. Is there someplace else that it will tell me the actual number is?
Thanks

Collapse -
Mac Address
by _jr_ / August 16, 2009 10:59 AM PDT
In reply to: Mac Address

I don't understand... If it check MAC address, as it should, *that* is your MAC address. There isn't another. Even if all else fails, MAC address does not change - it's "burned" into the TV. That *is* your MAC address.

_jr_

Collapse -
Mac Address
by chuck10553 / August 17, 2009 2:52 PM PDT

I mean it does not say like 00:0F:00:F0:00 or however the number letter combination is. It does not tell me what my actual Mac Address is it just checks off the words "Mac Address" and i need to know the actual number letter combination which it does not tell me.
thanks

Collapse -
Mac Address
by _jr_ / August 17, 2009 11:58 PM PDT

OK, I got it now. Now sure why Samsung keeps changing setup like that.

If your TV does not have a sticker on the back (or on the side) displaying its MAC address, there is still one thing you can try.

I assume you're using some sort of router to connect to the Internet. If not, borrow one. Connect one computer and the TV to the router. Go into Router Setup and look for devices connected to the router. Depending on the brand, this could be under Status / Local Network / DHCP Table or Attached Devices, etc... You should see the connected devices, their IPs and MAC addresses.
There is another way to look up MAC addresses via a DLNA server, but you'd still need a router for that.
That's all I can think of right now. Hopefully someone will reply with "Hit the Info button when you're on so-and-so screen" or something simpler...:)
_jr_

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.