Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung LED TV Picture Problems

by keddy4987 / February 25, 2011 6:10 AM PST

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Samsung LE40C6540 LED TV and im currently experiencing a few picture problems.

When watching certain HD programmes there are often prominent white dots all over the screen. This is mainly when the screen is made up of darker colours but can still be seen at lighter times too. Other HD programmes and channels can look great so quite confusing.

Ive been through all the picture settings but nothing seems to remove this problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung LED TV Picture Problems
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung LED TV Picture Problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung LED TV Picture Problems
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 25, 2011 9:09 AM PST

keddy4987,

Does this happen only with television broadcasts? If so, you might want to check the settings in your cable box or satellite box if you have one of those. In some cases, resetting the box or call your service provider and asking them to load a firmware update can also fix some of these issues.

I'd also be interested in hearing if it's happening with other inputs, like game consoles or Blu-ray players.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Sky HD Picture Problems
by keddy4987 / February 28, 2011 3:07 PM PST

Just thought i'd give an update from the post above.

As you can see from the subject heading, I have discovered it is a Sky HD problem as opposed to my actual TV.

I tried my Sky HD set up on another tv and same problem occured. After getting a Sky engineer out and replacing the box and dish, the problem is still occuring.

Any advice??

It only happens on certain HD broadcasts (SD is fine) and when it does happen, is really prominent. I am going to get the engineer back again but thought I would try to get some advice off here first.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am currently at a loss!!

Thank you.

Collapse -
Sky HD Picture Problems
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 1, 2011 1:17 AM PST

keddy4987,

If it's a digital signal, the white dots would not be representing static, since that would be more of an analogue symptom. So either the white spots are part of the signal as it is being broadcast, or there may be issues such as time compression (where broadcasters speed up or slow down the broadcast to fill a time slot) that may be affecting the picture quality here as well.

Unfortunately, I can't determine which problem would be causing the symptom you're describing. If you're paying for service, I would recommend calling back the technician and doing what it takes to make you happy.

I appreciate the update, and if you find out what's causing the white dots, I'd be interested in hearing the outcome.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.