Samsung

Question

Samsung led tv es46 7100

by pit_ns / December 14, 2012 12:24 AM PST

Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding remote control. I have an issue with my remote control while I'm using youtube or netfilx app on my tv. TV stops responding to the remote control(I cannot use any of the buttons on it) and i have to wait more than 3 minutes to get tv responds to anything. When it starts responding it's not smooth but it catches maybe two button clicks out of five I would say. Is that just my tv or maybe you have the same issues? I also noticed that when i click a button on my remote control tv led is not flashing, its like tv doesn't see that.

Any idea/advice?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung led tv es46 7100
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung led tv es46 7100
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Samsung led tv es46 7100
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 14, 2012 6:02 AM PST

Hi pit_ns,

I'm very sorry for this strange behavior that you're experiencing. If you could, please give me the complete model code for this device, as this appears to be partial code; that will allow me to help you most accurately.

HD Tech

Collapse -
My model number is: UN46ES7100FXZC
by pit_ns / December 14, 2012 8:33 AM PST

My model number is: UN46ES7100FXZC
If you need I can also provide serial number.

Collapse -
Re: My model number is UN46ES7100FXZC
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 17, 2012 1:26 AM PST

Hi pit_ns,

I appreciate that information. Please try a Smart Hub reset: http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=406287&modelname=UN46ES7100F&modelcode=UN46ES7100FXZA

But just so you know: if you want Samsung support, I support US products and customers. And from what I can tell, this model is for Canada. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) So if that reset doesn't work, I recommend contacting Samsung Canada support for this product: http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/model/UN46ES7100FXZC

HD Tech

Collapse -
Answer
I have the same problem
by aldbus01 / January 30, 2013 12:25 AM PST

I have the same problem. I found that if I held the remote to within 1 foot of the TV sensor, everything worked. The problem is with any application that streams video. I replaced everything in the TV, bluetooth, wifi, infra-red, etc. I replaced the TV. Nothing fixes the problem. I upgraded my Internet to 8 Mbps, to no avail. The TV is always downloading video and trying to buffer it. While it is downloading, the remote is locked out. I get memory exhausted errors. Either the processors are too slow or there is not enough memory. I would like to know what processors are used. I also have a un46d6050 TV. It works fine. Video streams without any problem. The remote works fine.

Collapse -
Samsung led tv es46 7100 - remote control problem
by pit_ns / January 30, 2013 3:24 AM PST

Hi,

Samsung Technician has just replaced motherboard in the tv, that didn't help. He will be coming back on weekend to change TV sensor. If that doesn't help i hope they will come up with some kind of other solution because my main reason to buy this TV was to use smart hub, i canceled my cable just to use Netflix and Youtube and i cannot do it now in the proper manner.

Collapse -
Knock on wood.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 30, 2013 3:33 AM PST
Collapse -
Not helpful...
by pit_ns / January 30, 2013 6:19 AM PST
In reply to: Knock on wood.

Unfortunately it was not helpful for me. I don't have any issues with my network just with the remote control. Timer is set to auto and i'm not sure how to check what is the current time.

Collapse -
Then you have to go back to Samsung.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 30, 2013 6:25 AM PST
In reply to: Not helpful...

There are harder items to check in my sticky post so if you can't do this and since I can't come over to help you, you have a decision to make.

If this product is that unfriendly to use to the point you cant' find the items or set it up, why keep it?
Bob

Collapse -
PS. Some of the symptoms would have me check all that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 30, 2013 6:38 AM PST

But as you wrote the TV is too hard to use, that is, how to check the time and settings, maybe it's not ready for the market. Let's hope the next service call fixes it.

Collapse -
maybe you could...
by pit_ns / January 30, 2013 12:40 PM PST

Can you provide us with url to your thread?

Collapse -
It appears it does not help this person.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 31, 2013 12:39 AM PST
In reply to: maybe you could...

The thread I supplied seemed to help that other person and they did read the CNET Networking Forum sticky and knock wood, it seems to have helped. If you have a new issue, just create a new post with the issue for folk to talk about it.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Fixed.
by pit_ns / February 6, 2013 1:24 AM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.