Samsung LED TV cannot get Software Upgrade

by bradleybishop / June 17, 2009 1:43 PM PDT

I follow this sequence to update the software for my new LED TV:
- Menu
- Support
- Software Upgrade
- By Online
- ERROR MESSAGE reads, "Connection Failed. (600)"

I know the Ethernet cable connection to the internet is working correctly because I can get current Weather, Stocks, etc. on the Internet display on the TV screen.

Help !!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung LED TV cannot get Software Upgrade
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung LED TV cannot get Software Upgrade
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You're not alone!
by cgbick / June 17, 2009 9:36 PM PDT

I've been having the same problem with Samsung's update server for quite a while, as have others. There doesn't seem to be any way to download the updates from a web site to your computer either.

Collapse -
Firmware issues
by wallstreet123456 / June 18, 2009 2:19 AM PDT
In reply to: You're not alone!

Has aanyone contacted Samsung directly to report this?

Collapse -
Firmware issues
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 18, 2009 12:00 PM PDT
In reply to: Firmware issues

wallstreet123456,

I'm already looking into this. I believe the error is because there is no update available for the model yet.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Firmware Issues
by pitchman1 / June 18, 2009 11:40 PM PDT
In reply to: Firmware issues

The Samsung download server has been down for more than 2 weeks now.

I have a B750 and I get the same error message. Before when I checked it, I did not get the (Connection Failed. Error 600) message. Rather, I got an acknowledgement that there was (or was not) a newer firmware version available. My LAN connection is fine and whenever I run the TV's network connection test, it always indicates that I am connected to the Internet and that my equipment is working properly.

It's a bit unfortunate that the server is down now (and for such an extended period of time) when so many people are upgrading to the spiffy new 2009 models. One of the first things I did when setting up my TV was (per the owner's manual) check for a firmware upgrade, and sure enough, I jumped from 1005 to 1007. If new owners are only seeing the aforementioned error message when they connect for the first time, then they probably don't even realize that the server is down and they could be missing out on an important firmware for their particular model.

Collapse -
The problem is we can't connect to the server.
by cgbick / June 18, 2009 10:01 PM PDT

It isn't whether or not there is or isn't an update for his model. I have the LN40B650, and i haven't been able to check for any updates for over a month.

Collapse -
The problem is we can't connect to the server.
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 19, 2009 5:54 PM PDT

cgbick,

I was thinking the error existed because there is no file to update. But I'll take the information and see what we can find out about this error.

That said, there still isn't a firmware update. I appreciate and understand the concern about not being able to connect, however, and it's a valid complaint. Let me explore that and I'll report back.

--HDTech

Collapse -
LN40B650 Firmware Upgrade
by EgakagoC2xI / August 2, 2009 6:57 AM PDT

Does anybody have any news about this?

Collapse -
LN40B650 Firmware Upgrade
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 4, 2009 2:42 PM PDT

EgakagoC2xI,

There is no firmware update available for that model that I'm aware of. Firmware updates are typically for issues that fix something that is wrong with the television, and almost never include additional functionality. Are you experiencing any issues?

--HDTech

Collapse -
No Issues
by EgakagoC2xI / August 4, 2009 10:12 PM PDT

No Issues, In fact my tv works just fine. The only problem is that i cant use internet, but I think that is because I'm in Colombia.

Collapse -
Update
by bradleybishop / August 16, 2009 10:38 AM PDT

In late JUL09, an upgrade was picked up by my TV and the Blu-Ray ... both upgraded fine. I assume all is working now on the Samsung side, unlike from my earlier post.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.