Resolved Question

Samsung LED TV and Soundbar problem on Freeview HD

by Hensonman / July 18, 2012 7:41 PM PDT

I'm in the UK. On
19 June 2012 , I bought a Samsung UE46ES6540U. I also bought a Samsung
Soundbar HW-E450.
<div>Whenever I was on Freeview HD, running the
sound through the Soundbar,
the sound kept clipping and dropping for a millisecond. It was sporadic.
When running the sound through the TV speakers or using non- Freeview
channels there were no problems. </div>
John Lewis exchanged both the TV and the Soundbar (twice !) but the problem still exists. Samsung think it is a firmware problem but say it is not a known issue.

Anyone experiencing this problem ? I would be happier if I knew it was not just me !<div>

Hensonman has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung LED TV and Soundbar problem on Freeview HD
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung LED TV and Soundbar problem on Freeview HD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by Hensonman

Collapse -
Samsung TV and soundbar problem HD
by jeremy rees / December 8, 2012 9:32 PM PST

Hi There I have a similar problem on Freeview HD, running the sound through the Soundbar, the sound keeps clipping and dropping for a second or two and is sporadic and frustrating .When running the sound through the TV speakers there were no problems. Comet exchanged both the TV and the Soundbar but the problem still exists. Its not just you then...

Collapse -
Samsung TV and sound bar problem
by Hensonman / December 8, 2012 11:18 PM PST

Hi. Thanks for the reassurance Jeremy. One for you. I have just installed Firmware v1029 and 1030 for the TV. They only came out the other week. And the sound clipping problems etc have gone. I run all channels through the soundbar and all work fine, including Freeview HD. So give yours a go. Samsung support did say a couple of months ago that it was problem with the transmission changing from 1080p to 1080i and that they were working on a firmware fix. It seems to have worked.

Collapse -
Soundbar problem
by Glasgowbased / July 29, 2012 4:54 AM PDT

I am having the same problem. Have not changed the tv or soundbar yet. Did you end up returning it and changing to another brand or just persisting with the problem?

Collapse -
Answer to Glasgowbased
by Hensonman / July 29, 2012 6:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Soundbar problem

Hi. I have stuck with both Samsung TV and the Samsung Soundbar. I like them both a lot - I just want them to work perfectly with each other ! Samsung have been fairly helpful. It is only in the last few days that they have confirmed it is a firmware issue and their engineers are working on an update. Uptil then, Samsung had been hesitant about the problem. I put my post up to see if anyone else had this problem as I felt I was alone. So I'm encouraged that there are more of us. I haven't been given a date of the firmware update yet.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.