Samsung forum

Samsung LED Reset Issue

by BroSick / September 10, 2013 1:13 PM PDT

I have a Samsung UN32ES6500 and am using it as a computer monitor via an hdmi cable to my computer. For some reason, whenever I turn it on, it'll look fine but after anywhere for 2-10 minutes, the picture will reset to this heavy-contrast or heavy-brightness picture where darks are not as prevalent.

I have gone through the settings over and over and cannot find anything that causes this, it is currently set to the picture mode Entertain, the only other option is standard but when I set the monitor's "name" to PC, it automatically set itself to Entertain so I'm not sure changing that will solve the problem or only worsen the picture for PC use.

What is going on here and how can I fix it? All help will be greatly appreciated!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung LED Reset Issue
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung LED Reset Issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sounds like it is still in Shop or Demo mode.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 10, 2013 1:19 PM PDT

Look again on the setup to get it out of that mode.

Collapse -
Didn't work :(
by BroSick / September 10, 2013 1:31 PM PDT

Went through the steps and got it out of Shop mode but I don't think it was in Shop mode in the first place.

Just to clarify as I made some mistakes, after 2-6 minutes from turning the TV on as a monitor set to PC mode, the picture would reset to an overly-bright, very high contrast picture. Text, whites, and general colors all look fine, but blacks are not as dark as they should be.

Collapse -
That's a partial model number.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 10, 2013 1:34 PM PDT
In reply to: Didn't work :(

So reply to your top post with the complete model number and maybe the Ambassador will comment in a day or so.

PS> In the USA, dial 1800SAMSUNG.

Collapse -
Model Number
by BroSick / September 10, 2013 1:39 PM PDT

Full Model Number: Samsung UN32ES6500FXZA version number: TH01

Collapse -
Re: Samsung LED Reset Issue
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 11, 2013 6:04 AM PDT

Hi BroSick,

I'm very sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue with your TV. While the symptoms sound similar to Store Mode, the settings usually revert back to default within 30 minutes of the TV powering off (not while in use). The first step is to make sure your HDMI input the laptop is connected to is named "PC". If this does not resolve your issue, I would suggest a factory reset on the TV. Hope this helps.

HD Tech

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.