Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung LED Monitor Not Expanding to Fit Screen - PLEASEHELP

by alextril / August 7, 2010 12:52 PM PDT

Hi All,

I just purchased a brand new SyncMaster BX2250 and hooked it up via HDMI to my ATI Radeon HD5770 graphics card. My display is set to the recommended resolution(1920x1080) but the image isn't filling the entire monitor. If I drop my resolution down a bit it fills the screen but doesn't look as good.

When I alter the image size settings in the monitor menu from Auto to Wide or back it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Can someone please help me out? I'm not sure why this isn't working and I'm thinking about returning the monitor if I can't get it to work.

-Alex

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung LED Monitor Not Expanding to Fit Screen - PLEASEHELP
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung LED Monitor Not Expanding to Fit Screen - PLEASEHELP
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung LED Monitor Not Expanding to Fit Screen - PLEASEHELP
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 9, 2010 1:50 PM PDT

alextril,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue.

You might check the settings in the video card, as well as making sure that you have the most up to date version of the software. With HDMI, the monitor is displaying the signal as it comes in. In some cases, overscan or other settings in the video card can cause this.

--HDTech

Collapse -
'Fit screen' does not work for SyncMaster2450H
by MarkWiersma / September 28, 2010 11:24 PM PDT

I have 2 exactly the same laptop setups with Dell / Windows7.
On one I had connected Samsung SyncMaster P2450H without any problem and adjusted the monitor resolution to 'fit screen' as 1920x1080 does not fill the whole monitor.

For the other computer I have bought the same monitor, but I can not get it fill the whole screen. I have checked all details of the drivers, but without any luck.

Help!
What must I do to get it work?

Kind regards,
Mark

Collapse -
Fixing your problem
by mperson9 / September 29, 2010 2:57 AM PDT

As the Samsung tech said, you need to get into your display properties and set the overscan.

If you have an ATI graphics adapter, go into the ATI Control Panel. If you have an nVidia card, go into the nVidia control panel.

You will most likely have to go through a couple of sub menus to find it and it will probably be in the HDTV section.

Look for a setting or option called overscan and adjust it using trial and error.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.