Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung LED 46B8000. Sound sync, audio out of sync

by MrPumblechook / October 25, 2009 9:10 AM PDT

Hi. I've just bought a Samsung LED46B8000. The problem is that the audio seems to be a very slight fraction behind the picture. I don't have any external speaker set-up. I'm just using the internal speakers.

This happens whatever the source, whether it be broadcast digital TV or watching a Blu-ray via PS3. Is there a setting I can change, is this a fault with my tv set, or is this an issue with all the LEDs? Would using external sound remedy this?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung LED 46B8000. Sound sync, audio out of sync
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung LED 46B8000. Sound sync, audio out of sync
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 26, 2009 4:36 AM PDT

MrPumblechook,

If it's only happening with the HDMI connections, and not analog connections, that would likely indicate an issue with the TV.

But to answer your question, in many cases, receivers today have an audio delay. But if the audio is already delayed behind your picture, that may not necessarily be a fix.

Can you tell me what is connected, and which cables are used?

--HDTech

Collapse -
by MrPumblechook / October 27, 2009 6:52 AM PDT

Thanks for getting back to me. The lip sync problem happens when I am watching UK digital broadcast tv via the built in digital tuner. I think there is a built in analogue tuner but I don't know how to change to it.

Also when using the PlayStation 3 to watch Blu-ray or dvd content with a category 2 HDMI cable, and Xbox 360 dvd or (legal) video files downloaded via Xbox Live - connected via HDMI.

If this problem is unique to me, I will take it back to be replaced. I hope it isn't a design fault.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 29, 2009 7:29 PM PDT

MrPumblechook,

That may be the best option. I don't see a lot of these issues from anywhere - including the UK. (Though that's not to say that they don't exist just because people don't post... but anyway...)

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Bump
by eldonhenley--2008 / December 3, 2009 11:15 AM PST

I have the 6000 series led, and it has the same audio sync issue. It happens from
most inputs, and it happens when I'm listening through the internal speaker, as well an external 5.1 setup. Anyone have any insights?

Collapse -
Bump
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 6, 2009 7:49 AM PST
In reply to: Bump

eldonhenley--2008,

If you're listening through both simultaneously, that may be the source of the problem.

The speakers on the television have a digital signal sent to them. Porting out the audio will require signal processing in the receiver and cause a delay. It's recommended that you choose one or the other when choosing your audio options.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Problem solved!
by eldonhenley--2008 / December 6, 2009 10:58 AM PST
In reply to: Bump

I'm not listening through both (tv and receiver) at the same time. I just meant i was testing both sources individually. But I did figure out what the problem was....

I had both my HD cable box and Xbox360 audio outputs set to "passthrough". Although this allowed me to hub everything into my TV via HDMI, and output Dolby 5.1 via one Optical (TOSlink) cable to my receiver, the signal seemed to have been lagging since it had to travel such a long distance (source > hdmi > TV processor > toslink > receiver processor)

I have ordered a 2:1 Toslink splitter that works both ways. This way i can plug Xbox and Cable box into the splitter, and plug the splitter into the single receiver input. The only catch to this: only one source can be on at a time (which is completely fine, not to mention energy saving)

Collapse -
Problem solved!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 9, 2009 11:25 AM PST
In reply to: Problem solved!

eldonhenley--2008,

Good news! Thanks for the followup.

--HDTech

Collapse -
UE55D6530 - Sound Delay
by saville_midgley / November 17, 2011 10:24 PM PST
In reply to: Problem solved!

Hi,
I have an issue with UE55d6530 using a Samsung HT-D5500 suround sound. I have been massive delay in picture as audio was coming through first using a Optic audio when watch tv and playing sound from suround sound. Replaced both TV and Blu Ray SS. No difference. Then I started using HDMI Arc to process the sound from TV when watching Sky which seems better and now I get lip sync issues similar where the picture is before the sound but only after a time of watching or when selecting certain recording on sky.
My old LCD and Scart surorund sound I never had any problems. Dont understand what the problem is. Spoke to so many people trying to find out what could be the cause and no one can help they just kept replacing all the devices.
Must be a samsung deisgn floor as I cant think what else it could be?

Collapse -
What folk should be telling you
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 17, 2011 10:30 PM PST

Is that the changes have been deep. That is you find the best effect when connected like this:

Source -> HT system -> HDTV

If you do other wise you usually see the worst of the lipsync issues.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.