Samsung forum

Samsung LED 40D6100 firmware problem

by STS-135 / December 7, 2011 1:27 AM PST

Hi,I bought the Samsung LED TV UE40D6100 with 1012 firmware version- probably. Now I can not remember. I checked the firmware on the TV and available on the website. On the Web was available newer so I tried to update via the Internet directly from the TV - nothing could be found. Therefore I downloaded the latest version available - 1014 and made ??the update. After two weeks I check available firmware - there is1013.1 version available right now - a newer version has a lower number than the older one (1014). Something's not right. TV can not find the newer software. I tried to upload 1013.1 version from flash drive - TV can't find any update on flash drive.How to solve this problem. I hope this 1014 version is not with a bug and it's not blocking the right updates. Please someone help. TV bought in Poland.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung LED 40D6100 firmware problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung LED 40D6100 firmware problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 8, 2011 5:38 AM PST

Collapse -
by STS-135 / December 8, 2011 4:28 PM PST

yes, I'm in Poland region. TV was bought in Poland, made for polish.

When I bought TV I tried to update TV thru the network, but it didn't found any update (network is working properly, smart hub, Ipla etc. working ok). It was strange, because on the web was never version available so I did this using USB. I think 1012 was original with TV, anyway it was lower than available on the web. I uploaded the 1014 thru USB - upload made successfully. On the 1st of December newer version was available - 1013.1 - never with lower number...

Where is the problem? Something wrong on Samsung servers?

I tried again to update TV thru network, but nothing. Thru USB (like with 1014), but nothing this time.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 9, 2011 5:04 AM PST

STS-135 -

There probably should not have been a lower number.

Collapse -
by STS-135 / December 9, 2011 6:26 PM PST

I have 1014 from November 2011, but I see that on 8.Dec.2011 came again 1014 on product support. I don't d no why it was 1013.1 from 1.dec.2011 to 7.dec.2011 on Samsung product support.
Problem I think finished on 8.dec.2011 with 1014 version again published.

But new problem came...
Is it possible to restore factory HDMI calibration settings??
I was in service menu and I've started by a mistake HDMI calibration and it failed.
After that white color is like a little bit with pink...
Should I make a new post or you're able to help mi here?
How to set up correct colors? What values should be set manually to correct this?

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.