Samsung forum

General discussion

samsung LE37 how do I delete unwanted channels??

by meamlarry / December 10, 2009 5:36 AM PST

Please can someone help me, I am trying to delete unwanted channels from my samsung LE37 TV but cannot do it..! I think it may be because they are on the built in freeview and its DVT but there must be a way....SURELY!!!!??? I have read the manual cover to cover but everything keeps saying 'unavailable on DTV or external input mode'
Very frustrating - any help much appreciated!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: samsung LE37 how do I delete unwanted channels??
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: samsung LE37 how do I delete unwanted channels??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Deleting channels
by jw650 / December 14, 2009 7:49 PM PST

In one of the channel lists, I think the Tools button gives the option to delete the selected channel(s). I find, though, that they re-appear in the list afer a short while. Let me know how you get on.

Collapse -
Deleting Channels
by meamlarry / December 20, 2009 6:14 AM PST
In reply to: Deleting channels

Thanks for your reply, no luck I'm afraid. That doesn't work at all, there are no options anywhere to delete anything - its so frustrating!! I think its because its on digital rather than analogue. Not sure. Its driving me crazy not being able to delete channels!!!! there must be a way.
Can anyone help....... please.......!!

Collapse -
Which model
by jw650 / December 20, 2009 9:06 PM PST
In reply to: Deleting Channels

You didn't say which model you have. "LE37" just means it's a European model with 37" screen. It's the next bit that's significant - A or B plus 3 digits.

Collapse -
samsung LE37 how do I delete unwanted channels
by meamlarry / December 20, 2009 10:13 PM PST
In reply to: Which model

Apologies, the model is: LE37 A686 M1FXXU
Version AA01
Hope this helps,

Collapse -
by jw650 / December 21, 2009 12:44 AM PST

Do you have a CH LIST button? That should bring up the channels, with an option to list favourite or all channels. If there's no option to delete, then you could use favourites list instead of all channels, or else change the numbers to sort them in desired order.

Collapse -
Delete Channels
by meamlarry / December 21, 2009 12:50 AM PST
In reply to: Channels

I do have a channel list yes, but there is no option to delete. I am unsure how to change the channel numbers? I have sorted them into favorites but the other channels that I dont want are still there - I really want to just delete them totally.
If you know how to change the numbers that would be a help?
Thanks so much.

Collapse -
deleting channels
by klausalex / December 21, 2009 7:59 AM PST
In reply to: Delete Channels

You have the option to delete channels if you're on the channels list and press the Tools button. That will expand a submenu with 4 or 5 choices.

Collapse -
Deleting Channels
by meamlarry / December 21, 2009 5:14 PM PST
In reply to: deleting channels

Thanks for your reply but that doesnt work. When I'm in the channel list and press the tools there is no delete option at's weird! I cant understand how I cannot delete!

Collapse -
Same problem - different solution!
by theshowbizkid / July 31, 2011 12:15 PM PDT

I had the same problem. I think our remotes (and probably TV models) are different to the other users who have posted responses to this problem.

However, I figured it out.

1. On the remote hit menu
2. Scroll down to the satellite dish icon (3rd in the list)
3. Enter this menu and scroll down to Channel Manager
4. Enter the Channel Manager menu and select the unwanted channels using the yellow "C" button
5. With the unwanted channels selected, hit the Tools button on the remote. In the pop-up window scroll down to delete...
6. Select delete etc.

Collapse -
Got to Emanual instructions
by wmshprd / December 10, 2011 11:45 AM PST

I chatted with samsung on samsung .com, they say to go to Emanual pages 10-15; you have to go into the smarttv function first and to channels to edit from there...

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.