Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung LCD TV "Not supported mode" problem

by iamsagevsal / February 15, 2009 5:07 AM PST

Recently my samsung LN-S4092D LCD TV turned on into a never seen before white configuration screen with what appeared to be sort of a bios setup. It was not possible to leave that screen without attempting to change one or more settings. I set the resolution setting to 1080i and now I cannot view anything and get the famous "not supported mode" message on the blue screen. My question is does anyone know how to get back to that bios like setup screen so I can change the resolution back to 720? That setting is not in any of the normal setup screens of the television set.

Thanks

S.A.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung LCD TV "Not supported mode" problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung LCD TV "Not supported mode" problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
BIOS screen...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 15, 2009 5:27 PM PST

Were you attempting to access the service menu?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Service Menu
by iamsagevsal / February 15, 2009 8:53 PM PST
In reply to: BIOS screen...

I am not sure what the service menu is. The TV just booted into the white screen configuration with a couple of settings which included one for resolution with three selections, 480, 720 and 1080. Obviously it normally boots into the blue screen. It was set at 720. Could not exit the screen in any way until a selected a new resolution. Now I cannot get any input through the HDMI ports. I get the Not Supported Mode message. I want to try to get back to the white screen menu to change it back but don't know how to do that.

Collapse -
Service...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 16, 2009 4:30 AM PST
In reply to: Service Menu

iamsagevsal,

I'm not sure I've seen that screen before.

Forum members - any ideas here?

We'll see if some of the guys here can just in and offer any input. If not, I'd suggest getting the unit serviced.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Cable box?
by clicq / February 16, 2009 2:07 PM PST
In reply to: Service Menu

Are you sure it's a menu generated by the TV and not whatever device you have attached (cable box, dvd player, etc?).

When you say you can't get any input through the HDMI ports, what devices are you trying out? Hopefully you have more than one HDMI device :).

Collapse -
box
by ematsui1 / February 17, 2009 2:36 AM PST
In reply to: Cable box?

what kind of cable box are you using?

Collapse -
(NT) Comcast High Def Box only. Thanks for the help in advance.
by iamsagevsal / February 17, 2009 12:08 PM PST
In reply to: box
Collapse -
To access settings on a motorola box
by clicq / February 17, 2009 12:52 PM PST

If you have a motorola HD box, turn it off, then hit the menu button on the box. It should turn on and give you a menu, I think... haven't had a box for awhile now.

If that doesn't work, maybe somebody else can chime in, or you could try calling customer service for comcast.

Collapse -
yep
by ematsui1 / February 17, 2009 10:41 PM PST

sounds like you got into comcast box menu... its white and has options for resolution..

google on how to get back into the menu and change whatever you chagned.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.