Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung LCD TV ( LN-T4065F ) Very bad , I am disapointed

by macjasmin / April 5, 2009 1:15 PM PDT

Dear Readers , year and half a go ,
I purchased Samsung
LCD TV , LN-T4065F 40 " inch it was very nice,
I have spend $300more for Samsung than other cheaper brand ,
Becouse I heard that Sammy is #2 in the world. I did my reaserch , and On paper this Tv looked impressive and one of the best at time.
One day out of nothing just stopped working .
There is picture coming for one second , and then black screen.......
Sound works....
1 Year and 5 month old , I AM OUT OF WARRANTY........

SO What now ....

I am surfing the Internet , and googling anything about Samsung
and that Model I can , evry night.
And let me tell you , what I found online about SAMSUNG :

There is no Good Television out there :
There is no parts to replace or repair , If you call technicians
to come and repair , It costs almost as NEW TV , today .....

You are on your own.

I have decide to TRASH Samsung on line ..... After I have reaserch
so many blogs and Forums and so many People that are Angree Like I am .Frustration ...
These TVs will last for a year and two .... and that is when your nightmare starts , even wih Warranty , They hold your TV for 3 weeks , drive TV to Technician shop or Best buy BS with Black tie
protection. You will just be disapointed , becouse when you buy tv ,
you think that you have picked the good one , you paid money , and then after a year or two ...bang ... it is not your love anymore.

I am going to Register web site about Samsung cheap parts in glossy TV's , I am going to write on all blogs and forums from now on to
share my expiriance with Samsung , and My anger .

On the end : I belived that Samsung was good Brand ...not any more

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung LCD TV ( LN-T4065F ) Very bad , I am disapointed
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung LCD TV ( LN-T4065F ) Very bad , I am disapointed
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung LCD TV ( LN-T4065F ) Very bad , I am disapointed
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 5, 2009 8:46 PM PDT

macjasmin,

I would like to try and help.

Do you have a transaction number, or have you called 800-SAMSUNG to see if they would assist? If you have a transaction number (or can call, explain your situation, and request a transaction number), I will see if our service department would make an exception. I cannot guarantee that they will, but I would like to have the opportunity to try.

--HDTech

Collapse -
I am still trying to figure out what is wron with my TV
by macjasmin / May 13, 2009 11:28 PM PDT

Hi , there Mr. Samsung

I have purchased month a go , NEW Samsung TV 40" in Best buy ,
and I purchased Warranty this time ......

I like Samsung , But These 1 year and half old , with problem is still Enigma ....

I dont know what to do , You are asking me for Transacton number .
TV was Bought over www.amazon.com

Do you need my Visa card transaction , Serial number from TV , or Receive from www.amazon..com

I can provide any information that you need , I would love to talk to Samsung Pro in the Area ....

You can contact me at macjasmin@comcast.net

I know it is hard to promote some Product , but If these Samsung TV's
are going to break and FAIL so fast , People that read this messages are going to have doubt in buying LCD Tv's ...

Lets see iF Samsung Custumer People are good in solving problems that Milions of buyers are having .

Thank you for Reply , I wish I can take this message off , but
I am still trying to figure out how to fix my TV and why failed
in just year and half period.

Collapse -
I am still trying to figure out what is wron with my TV
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 15, 2009 4:35 AM PDT

macjasmin,

The transaction number is something you receive after calling 800-SAMSUNG. Please do not post your personal information here, for your safety. Samsung can repair your unit if it is under warranty.

In all fairness, "millions of buyers" is a bit of an exaggeration. Like any product, there are things that can and do go wrong. We do our best to take care of customers on a case-by-case basis.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Here is Info about my Purchased TV
by macjasmin / May 13, 2009 11:36 PM PDT

Order Placed: November 19, 2007
Amazon.com order number: 105-7193106-6869837
Order Total: $1,539.95

LN-T4065F 40" LCD TV

Your Samsung Service Department can contact me at :
macjasmin@comcast.net

I would really appriciate IF anyone contacts me ,

Lets see if Samsung is taking #1 position , or is just trying to sell Tv's and let people be on their own , after a year of purchase.

Collapse -
Here is Info about my Purchased TV
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 15, 2009 4:36 AM PDT

macjasmin,

I can't initiate a service call on this forum. You can call 800-SAMSUNG and discuss your repair options with them.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Sound, no picture problem
by ejones2236 / April 7, 2009 4:34 AM PDT

Stop running in circles folks.
I have discovered the problem and want to get the word out to everyone. My $4,400 set did the same thing. People said, "buy a new t-con board" or "but a new power supply". So I did. Same problem came back. Well, doing more research, I figured out how to fix my problem and yours as well.
More than likely, like me you have your Picture set to Dynamic mode and the backlight at 100%, maybe even DNR activated.
Here is what you do. Keep trying to turn the TV on, evertually it WILL come on, sometimes it might take 100 attempts over a couple of days. Once you get the TV to come on, do the following.
Each and every time BEFORE you turn off the LCD, change the picture back to Standard mode and turn off Digital NR and turn off DNIe, also turn the backlight to the lowest setting. The Standard mode will remember the backlight, DNR and DNIe values. You'll just have to change between Dynamic and Standard in the future after power up.
If you do this everytime you turn off the set, it will probably always turn right back on for you.
The Cause: The t-con board does not stay at 100% performance over time. It is susceptible to decay in performance due to heat damage. The t-con board runs hot to begin with, it runs hotter the more that is demanded from it by maxing out the video image settings. The t-con board also sits directly above the hot power supply and the processor on the t-con board has virtually no heat sink.
Lowering the video settings at startup allows the t-con board to function.
Samsung should probably release a firmware that throttles the video settings at startup

Collapse -
I agree, Samsung use to be my favorite
by phenomkim / October 17, 2009 5:49 PM PDT

I wish I had read your post before I bought my Samsung LCD LNS4095 DX. I had purchased it about 2 years and 3 months ago. At that time it cost me a little over 2000. Like I had mentioned earlier, after 2 years and 3 months, my TV starts turning off and on by itself (power cycling).
I called Samsung, and was treated with the worst customer service. Basically saying after the 1 year mark, that's it. They referred me to a certified Samsung tech. He says the board is a defect, and to replace the board, the whole panel must be replaced. The total cost, $900.
What a waste of money!

I will never buy Samsung again!

You can actually google "samsung lcd tv power cycling" and begin to see that this seems to be a very common problem with Samsung TV's.

I will make sure all my friends and family know what a bad taste this has left.

Collapse -
Warranty
by CrotalusHH / October 18, 2009 12:58 AM PDT

I see this same theme from people over and over.

My TV is out of warranty, why won't you fix it anyway?

Warranty charges can eat up a company to the point that they go under.

How much profit do you think Samsung makes on a TV? Now, how many warranty trips (mind you, the repair places aren't owned by Samsung, so these outrageous costs go to them) would it take to totally kill the profit?

One year is more than you get with almost any electronic gadget on the market.

Having to deal with warranty issues in my job gives me some insight. When someone breaks and they are just out of warranty, you feel bad, but not real bad because you told them what the warranty period right from the start.

If/when this happens to my LCD I'll be upset as well, but I won't waste my time whining to Samsung.

Collapse -
The issue is not Warranty, the issue is a good product
by phenomkim / October 19, 2009 11:25 AM PDT
In reply to: Warranty

I understand what you are saying about the warranty. And to be honest I do agree for the most part.

But that is not the issue. The issue at hand is for a company to make a good and reliable product for the consumers. Now I don't know about you, but I don't make enough money to purchase TV's every 2 or 3 years. I pay a good amount of money for a "supposedly" quality name brand. Hoping my TV will last me at least 5 years, anything more would be a bonus.

If the company made a good reliable product, then there wouldn't be such a loss on warranty charges. Plus I am sure Samsung makes more then enough money to eat some warranty charges.

Part of the "whining" to Samsung, is for them to know there are issues with their product. If no one says anything, then they will never know.

Collapse -
Warranty
by CrotalusHH / October 20, 2009 9:33 AM PDT

You can not say that Samsung doesn't make a quality product just because you and a few others had a problem.

The only way you could say that is if you knew that a large percentage of the TV's are failing. I doubt that anyone other than Samsung has these numbers.

Collapse -
SAMSUNG
by JESSEKUGELMAN / July 18, 2013 7:15 PM PDT
In reply to: Warranty

He sure an say that samsung doesnt make a decent product i have bought a bluray player bd-em59 and within a few months it has stopped working. I also own a samsung lcd tv lns4095 and it has stopped working and it if you would even just google these items you would fing out how large of a percentage of these people are having problems with their samsung products

Collapse -
I also agree...reliability is a must!
by peachhy1 / October 22, 2009 1:18 PM PDT

I agree with phenomkim. I am currently going through the same "power cycle" issues and possibly a failing board with a LNT4061F, that is just over 2 years old and out of warranty. I don't expect Samsung to fix it but when you pay $1400 for a TV, you expect it to last more than a couple of years.

I had chatted with a Samsung tech online and he was absolutely no help. He told me that it was nothing to worry about and that the issue would resolve itself. When I asked him to tell me why it was having trouble turning on, he just said that it's probably "something with the fan or the parts inside". Geez...what kind of answer is that? Then he just said that if it takes over a minute to turn on then it will have to be serviced...obviously knowing that it was out of warranty. He kept trying to end the chat before giving me answers. That's just crappy customer service.

When I took the TV into the local Samsung Authorized Repair Facility, I asked them if they report these out of warranty issues to Samsung. If they don't know their products are failing, how are they going to make them better? The girls at the repair shop didn't know if these things are reported on out of warranty TVs; if they don't know, I doubt that they are.

It so happened, that while my TV was in the shop, there was a break-in and my repaired TV was stolen. Even though I loved that TV and the awesome picture, until the power cycle problem started, it's probably just as well. The shop's insurance should cover a replacement for me.

Now my dilemma: 1) Do I use the insurance money, probably around $1000, and replace it with a Samsung that has an awesome picture but will almost assuredly break after 2 years? Or 2) Do I go for a lesser picture but a more reliable brand? I'm thinking #2 is the smarter choice. Unless I can find proof that they have improved their design and quality of electronic components in their TVs, I'll research the other major brands and go for the one that's going to last.

Like Phenomkim, I can't afford $500 - $700 a year for TVs, and that's on top of the cable bill!

Until I had this problem and saw all the internet posts about others who have had the same problem, I used to brag about how awesome my Samsung was. Now I will warn everybody of the potential problems with this brand and apologize to those that bought a Samsung on my recommendation. Samsung will also get low marks from me on the annual Consumer Reports brand reliability survey.

K...I've blown off a little steam...now onto researching a replacement TV.

Collapse -
Purchase
by CrotalusHH / October 22, 2009 10:33 PM PDT

How would you know that another brand is more reliable?

I understand that most of these problems have nothing to do with Samsung per say. Apparently there are a lot of bad electrolytic caps on the market. When they fail the TV fails. TV's aren't the only things affected. There are a lot of threads out there about Computer failures for the same reason.

Of course you aren't going to get a lot of answers from the service center. You aren't talking to technicians, just people that type your questions into a search engine. This is true of every service call center no matter who it is. At least you aren't talking to someone in India.

Why not just buy more warranty? I bought 5 years from Fry's for $300.

Collapse -
Samsuck
by samsuck93 / July 15, 2010 7:00 AM PDT

I have experienced the same problem as you....except I had purchased not only a LCD t.v. but a LED monitor as well. I have been through their so called "customer service" phone conversations which also, led to no solution.
My t.v. was around 1200 dollars and I bought it in May of 08. Suddenly this craptacular product won't turn on. I'm about to take it to the closest Samsung location and throw it through their window.
My LED monitor cost me about 400 dollars and it broke 4 months after I bought it....same reason....it wouldn't turn on. "Luckily" the piece of crap monitor was still under warranty so I called a rep from Samsung and told them to fix it. Well, 6 WEEKS LATER and MANY phone calls they just replaced it because THEY couldn't even figure out how to fix it!
I've been in video production for around 12 years. I know how to troubleshoot electronics and usually can find the source of the problem. I know how to take care and treat electronics...and I take very good care of them.
Samsung is just an all around BAD brand. My advice to everyone is not to buy that brand or any affiliate of that brand.
I know I never will again!

Collapse -
LN-S4095D color problem
by Sidney_s / March 11, 2010 3:40 PM PST

Hi,

Did you fix your TV?

What was the problem?

I have the same TV and it as paper weight for almost two years already.

I am trying to decide if it is worth to fix it.

Thanks.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.