Samsung forum

Question

Samsung Laptop with Windows 8, having driver problems

by LaptopAnger / April 20, 2013 11:21 PM PDT

I've been scouring the net for help and advice but I've come out empty handed.

I've recently done the Windows 8 Refresh Install as I had a problem with my system crashing every 10 minutes. Now after the re-install, I'm having trouble with my graphics card drivers that don't seem to be installing and sticking. Even the ATI Catalyst program won't run!

I have a NP355V5C-S08SE Samsung Series 3 with Windows 8 and dual graphics, Radeon HD 7670M and HD 7640G. I have been able to download drivers that then lists the 7670 as a 7600 but I haven't been able to get the 7640G to work. For the 7640G it says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

I am in desperate need of help as this has been going on for days. I cannot use my laptop properly, or watch videos as they are constantly flickering. Games don't seem to work either.

Your help and any kind of answer is much appreciated!

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Laptop with Windows 8, having driver problems
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Laptop with Windows 8, having driver problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Samsung Laptop with Windows 8, having driver problems
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 22, 2013 3:37 AM PDT

Hi LaptopAnger,

Thanks for your message. But just so you know, I support US products and customers. And from what I can tell, this model is for Sweden. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) So if you want the most accurate information, here's the Samsung Sweden portal for support on that product: http://www.samsung.com/se/support/model/NP355V5C-S08SE

Hope this helps you!

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
(NT) samsung laptop seies 3 are good for daily work use ?
by inadtrack / October 22, 2013 11:21 PM PDT
Collapse -
Why not?
by Kees_B Forum moderator / October 22, 2013 11:27 PM PDT

I'm sure you can find a model that suits your particular needs.

Kees

Collapse -
Answer
try this
by Mr Shaun Warburton / April 22, 2013 8:43 AM PDT

Catalyst and Radeon Have not been supporting Windows 8 for some time but have recently started to support it you may need to download the latest set of drivers and install again, you do not say what OS type is being used 32 or 64 so I am sorry that I cannot be of any further help.

and if windows has been blocking it from running due to compatibility issues. try right clicking and choose run as administrator.

Collapse -
I'm having trouble too !
by Listram / October 20, 2013 3:41 AM PDT
In reply to: try this

Hi !

I own a Np 365 s03us, and have trouble finding the latest pilots for this laptop. I have graphic problems.

Thank you.

Collapse -
Re: I'm having trouble too !
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 21, 2013 11:31 PM PDT

Hi Listram,

I'm very sorry to hear that has happened. Have you tried using SW update to install drivers?

Regards,
HD Tech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.