TVs & Home Theaters forum

Question

Samsung HT-D350 Home theatre

by joda123 / February 20, 2012 4:05 PM PST

I want to reset the factory installions because 3 of my speakers are not working when I connect to TV or Music. The service dept. said just click on Pro-Logic on the remote control but there is NO Pro-Logic on the remote. How do I reset the system?
Thanks,
David

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung HT-D350 Home theatre
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung HT-D350 Home theatre
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
There *is* a Pro Logic button
by Pepe7 / February 21, 2012 10:19 AM PST
Collapse -
Connection
by joda123 / February 21, 2012 2:30 PM PST

Thanks Pepe7, don't know how I missed that. Now all speakers work with DVD movies but still not the TV. My settings on the TV show the Anynet+ is on but but when I have the home theatre on, turn on the TV, a popup says Anynet is disconnected. Doesn't the TV allow all speakers to work, not just the two center ones and subwoofer?

Collapse -
Try turning off anynet
by Pepe7 / February 22, 2012 3:34 AM PST
In reply to: Connection

IME it can sometimes cause problems.

Collapse -
Try turning off anynet.
by joda123 / February 22, 2012 6:15 PM PST
In reply to: Try turning off anynet

What does IME mean? Doesn't turning off Anynet stop the TV connected by optical cable to the home theatre from using all 5 speakers? Won't the built in speakers of the TV only work?

Collapse -
I need more info on your system
by Pepe7 / February 23, 2012 12:00 AM PST

IME=In my experience (GIYF=google is your friend Wink

I do not believe anynet disables any sort of matrixed sound. The burning question is, the rest of your system. Please describe the other makes/models and how it's all connected. I sort of assume you mean that you are using the HDTV's built in tuner and sending out an audio signal via digital optical cable back to the Samsung HT unit(?) If so, that may be the issue, Your HDTV may only be able to output a stereo (2.0) signal via the digital optial port. Provide more specifics on your system, and we can investigate.

Collapse -
More information.
by joda123 / February 23, 2012 1:40 AM PST

I have a Samsunt Smart TV model number UE40D65110WSXXH and Samsung Home Theatre system model HT-D350. An optical cable connect from the Digital Audio Output Optical slot to the Audio Input Jack in the home theatre. An HDMI cable runs from the HDMI 4 slot into the theatre system. A Scart connection hooks up to an additional, older CD/VCR player.
When I play DVD movies and music DVD's all speakers work. When I watch TV or the old VCR or a movie on a pendrive, only 2 speakers work. If I listen to music with the home theatre, the TV screen comes on automatically and shows the Video, Photo, Music and Settings screen relative to the theatre. Once the Music starts playing, that screen goes away and the Samsung logo bounces across a black screen like on old Pong game screen. I can't just listen to music with the TV screen on, or so it seems.

I'm happy with the systems, just think some things are working right due to lack of knowledge on my part as far as setting the right programs.

Really appreciate your continued support.

David

Collapse -
Try again on the HDTV model number
by Pepe7 / February 23, 2012 2:42 AM PST
In reply to: More information.

That would appear to be a serial number. Check again so we can look up the user manual online.

Collapse -
Model number
by joda123 / February 23, 2012 1:51 PM PST

NO, that is the Model number written on the back of the TV. It says.....Model Number UE40D6510. Made in Slovania. I live in Poland.

Collapse -
UE40D6510 manual website.
by joda123 / February 23, 2012 2:19 PM PST
Collapse -
E-Manual
by joda123 / February 23, 2012 2:38 PM PST

It says in the E*manual, on page 213,.........When connected with the Opitical cable between the DIGITAL OUTPUT JACK on your TV and the DIGITAL AUDIO INPUT on the Home theatre, the OPTICAL jack only outputs 2 channel audio. You will only hear sound from the Home Theatre's Front, Left and Right speakers and the subwoofer. I only hear the Left and Right speakers. It also says if you want to hear 5.1 channel audio, connect the DIGITAL AUDIO OUR(OPTICAL) jack on the DVD directly to the Home Theatre, not the TV but the DVD player is built in the Home theatre on this HT-D350 model amd has only one place to insert the Optical cable.

Collapse -
So I was correct
by Pepe7 / February 24, 2012 12:07 AM PST
In reply to: E-Manual

Dzien dobry Wink <moja zona jest polka....>

Twoj kraj jest bardzo piekny(!)

Glad you found a user manual. FWIW, the reason I didn't find it is because you mis-typed the model number above that I was referencing.

It unfortunately looks like the HDTV will only output stereo sound, as I suggested above. Even many of the latest HDTVs have similar limitations, hence the popularity of using a separate tuner/audio input source for TV content. The only workaround I can think of is if you had a separate satellite or cable box, connected directly to the HT unit.

Are you receiving TV signals over the air (OTA), or via satellite in Polska?

-Pedro

Collapse -
Cable
by joda123 / February 24, 2012 4:40 PM PST
In reply to: So I was correct

I use cable.

Collapse -
just to be clear
by Pepe7 / February 25, 2012 12:26 PM PST
In reply to: Cable

There's no cable box, you connect directly to HDTV?

If that's the case, there is no workaround unfortunately.

Collapse -
Ive bought wrong model without the Oudio Optical Output
by andateka / March 13, 2013 1:55 PM PDT
In reply to: just to be clear

Hi guys, just bought this cheap Home theater. Apparently i discover theres no optical audio input on the systems. i can play sound trough my TV. but i can play sound using DVD. When i turn on th AUX. there were no sound. Sad i looked back on my tv set there is no audio output to support audio from the tv set. weird...maybe i just bought the wrong model. also cannot find the scart whatever it is...

Problem:
1. When Put on the TV, no sound form the AUX/Scart etc.
2, No Optical input/output.

Collapse -
Answer
ATTN: andateka
by Pepe7 / March 13, 2013 2:12 PM PDT

You likely need a different model with the correct audio inputs/outputs. Probably the HDTV too, but you haven't provided ANY makes models, making the task a bit harder to know for certain you actual options ;).

If you can provide more specifics, maybe we can assist.

Collapse -
wrong model
by andateka / March 14, 2013 1:33 AM PDT
In reply to: ATTN: andateka

arghh my model is HT-E350K, i bought a wrong model... silly me

Collapse -
Maybe not
by Pepe7 / March 14, 2013 3:23 AM PDT
In reply to: wrong model

It shows it has Left/Right aux audio inputs. If you give me the model number of your TV as well, we can verify what it's capable of.

And just to verify- there's no satellite or cable tv box involved here, correct? If there is, please provide that make/model as well.

cheers

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET'S TOP TV PICKS

Big screens for the big game

Still looking for the best TV deals ahead of Sunday's game? Here are our top three big screen picks.