Samsung forum

Question

Samsung HT-C5900 wont play The Avengers 3D blu ray?

by Emielgorn / August 31, 2012 9:29 PM PDT

Dear All,

I have purchased The Avengers on 3D blu ray and was excited to watch this. Only to find out it will not play in my blu ray player.

When i put in the disc, it goes to Language Selection as it should, after this the Marvel Intro plays. At the time the player tells you to switch on the 3D glasses (where it should say play-scene selection-setup) it stops/crashes. When exiting and entering you can use the menu options ( play-scene selection-setup) so when i use scene selection to a random scene... it doesn't do anything, just black or distorted screen.

- Anyone else had these experience?
- Anyone have any idea of how to solve this?

Player: Samsun HT-C5900
Firmware: HTB-C6930WWB-1013.2 (standard installed one)

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung HT-C5900 wont play The Avengers 3D blu ray?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung HT-C5900 wont play The Avengers 3D blu ray?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
The ropes.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 1, 2012 1:37 AM PDT

It appears that when you find a failed title you call it in.

From memory this title was one that didn't work but let Samsung answer if they have a fix or update.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Samsung HT C6930
by Maodjabe / September 1, 2012 6:00 AM PDT

Exactly the same for us at the same moment for the blu Ray 3D.
Works with the Blu Ray 2D
Firmware is up to date (htb-c6930wwb-1013.2)
please, please, Samsung DO SOMETHING

Thanks

Collapse -
Answer
HT-C950W
by Snail02 / September 1, 2012 5:00 PM PDT

Experiencing the same issue here.

Player - HT-C950W
Firmware - HT-C6930WWB 1013.2 (Latest available but hasn't been updated since 2010, so not a great sign)

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Avengers Blu-ray not Playing
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 4, 2012 12:39 AM PDT
Collapse -
Avengers Blu-Ray not playing
by Emielgorn / September 4, 2012 2:24 AM PDT

Hello Samsung_HD_Tech,

You are correct, im from the Netherlands and the blu-ray was released on the 29th of April here. I did contact the dutch Samsung customer support through e-mail. Writing an even more detailed wall of text. However, they only answered with "sorry we can not help you, try calling us" message(which of course is during office hours... when i usually don't have time due to work). Sad

Collapse -
Samsung Australia NO HELP
by erynnecampbell / September 18, 2012 11:51 AM PDT

Ive already contacted Samsung Australia who really, were no help at all.

I told the customer service person that the last time Samsung had updated the firmware was in 2010. All he could say was the engineers were updating firmware for certain models but couldnt tell me which ones and when that would be done.

Really, this isnt good enough. After spending over $2000 on a system that is supposed to be "top of the range" its pretty pathetic when it wont play the new format 3D discs.

Consumer Affairs here i come.
(I also have the HT-C5950W with lastest firmware installed htb-c6930wwb-1013.2)

Collapse -
Help
by vanessa8m / September 28, 2012 4:00 AM PDT

Hello

I am from Canada. I am having an issue with my blu-ray not playing blu-rays but they are playing dvd's now. I put the blu ray in and i can hear the machine making clicking sounds. I am not sure if the blu ray is just broken or it's an issue of cleaning.

Please advise. i am not sure of my model but the disk i got with it says it is a BD-p1590 or Bd-p1600.

What should i do.

Collapse -
Re: Help
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 1, 2012 5:05 AM PDT
In reply to: Help

Hi vanessa8m,

I read through your post and saw this is a Canadian model. As I don't have any information on anything other than US models, please contact support here: http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/model/BD-P1600/XAC

It would be advisable for you to pass along the following info to them:

Movie Title: Avengers (3D, Blu-ray)
Retailer where the disc was purchased: ???
SKU/ASIN/UPC: ???

Complete Model Code of Blu-ray Player/Home Theater: ???
Firmware Version: ???
Describe the behavior when a disc is inserted (e.g., error messages, appearance, time delay): ???
How many copies have been tried: ???

Hope all works out!

HD Tech

Collapse -
Answer
Samsung HT-C5900 wont play The Avengers 3D blu ray?
by FNATIC72 / September 7, 2012 12:18 PM PDT

I had exactly the same problem & thought it was the 3d disc so I took it back to JB-Hi & got another one. hat too had the same problem & my other 3d movies worked so I knew it was the player.
Not sure how to update firmware but looking into it now to see if that helps.
I am from Australia.

Collapse -
its not just samsung
by dan6999 / September 7, 2012 5:55 PM PDT

i have an lg player with same problem. latest drivers installed

Collapse -
solved my problem
by dan6999 / September 11, 2012 9:52 PM PDT
In reply to: its not just samsung

i upgraded power dvd from V9 to the latest V12 and problem solved

Collapse -
Same problem here!!
by erynnecampbell / September 11, 2012 7:00 AM PDT

I have the same issue with my Samsung player and Avengers disc!! Samsung pick Ur game up. Latest firmware installed and this is the ONLY 3D disc that won't play. Pretty dissappointed.. I also have the HT-c5950w with latest firmware

Anyone know if Samsung have said anything about the issue for Australia?

Collapse -
Answer
Samsung in no hurry to support customers. Aware of issues.
by not-happy / September 25, 2012 9:43 AM PDT

I have the Samsung HT-C6930W with firmware HTB-C6930WWB-1013.2. I am having the same issue with the Avengers 3D disk as well as the John Carter 3D disk. I contacted the President for Samsung America's Office over two months ago about the issue with John Carter. They confirmed that there was an issue wth the firmware for the 3D player. They also told me that they were working on a solution. They still have not corrected the problem and seem to be in no hurry to do so.

Note: This post was edited by a forum moderator to remove phone number that is not for public use on 09/26/2012 at 8:43 AM PT

Collapse -
Re: 3D Blu-ray discs not playing
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 28, 2012 12:57 AM PDT
Collapse -
Answer
Samsung Blueray and 3D Avengers wont play
by dmwoods112 / September 27, 2012 11:30 AM PDT

I have the same problem. I spend 10,000.00 on a 3 D TV and a Blueray3D Player only to find out I cant use it on certain disc. Avengers is an Amazing Movie at the theaters sure wish I could watch it at home!! This is ridiculous!!!

Collapse -
Re: Samsung Blueray and 3D Avengers wont play -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 28, 2012 12:52 AM PDT

Hi acmoon,

I'm sorry that you're having problems with this. We've been attempting to replicate the behavior on end, and thus far, we've been unable to. Could you fill-in or correct the following information?

Describe the behavior when a disc is inserted (e.g., error messages, appearance, time delay): ???

I appreciate it! Have a good day!

HD Tech

Collapse -
Re: oops
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 28, 2012 12:54 AM PDT

heh...oops I meant to say 'hi dmwoods112'. Sorry about that. Happy

HD Tech

Collapse -
Avenger BluRay
by Stevieeason502 / September 30, 2012 1:13 PM PDT

I also have an entire Samsung home theater system and the dvd copy of the avenger works however the BluRay doesn't. Please help! I've checked and checked for firmware updates but there isn't any. I am very disappointed with Samsung at this point. I've spent tons of money on their products and this is what I have to look forward to. Nonsense.

Collapse -
Re: Avenger's Blu-ray disc
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 1, 2012 5:07 AM PDT
In reply to: Avenger BluRay

Hey Stevieeason502,

Could you provide or correct the following information as well:

Movie Title: Avengers (Blu-ray, 3D?)

Thanks,
HD Tech

Collapse -
Answer
I have the same issue too in Aust.
by Jim_Baker_AUS / September 30, 2012 8:58 PM PDT

I have the 5950 with the latest firmware and have tested 3 Avengers #D Blurays and all fail with EXACTLY the same symptoms as others are describing here.

C'mon Samsung lets get this fixed please.

Collapse -
Re: I have the same issue too in Aust.
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 1, 2012 5:13 AM PDT

Hi Jim_Baker_AUS,

While reading through your post, I saw this is a Australian model. As I don't have any information on anything other than US models, please contact support here: http://www.samsung.com/au/support/model/HT-C5950W/XSA

As I've been asking for the following info, it would be advisable for you to provide it to the Samsung Australia support team:

Hope all works out!

HD Tech

Collapse -
Answer
Samsung have released an update that fixes this issue
by Snail02 / October 5, 2012 9:52 AM PDT
Collapse -
Finally!!!!
by erynnecampbell / October 5, 2012 2:27 PM PDT

Thankyou Samsung!! Have now updated to latest firmware and tested out the 3D discs (Avengers, Men in Black 3) that wouldnt work previously and what do you know, THEY WORK!!!!

Hopefully Samsung stay on top of udating their firmware!!

Collapse -
Yes!!!
by Jim_Baker_AUS / October 5, 2012 5:14 PM PDT

Well I upgraded and its now working fine.

I noted the file date is 20th Sept.....must have a long testing period.

Either way thanks Samsung you have done very well with this.

Collapse -
thank you
by Maodjabe / October 5, 2012 7:59 PM PDT

i update to the latest firmware and it's perfectly working.
Thank you very much Samsung for updating....

Collapse -
Disney Brave 3D
by homansm / November 25, 2012 9:11 AM PST
In reply to: thank you

FYI.

I have the Samsung BD-D5500 player and it would not play Brave in regular BD or 3D. I had to update firmware to 1030 version to get it to play.

Collapse -
Answer
Not only avengers
by Flammingo / December 12, 2012 1:31 AM PST

Exactly the same happens in my samsung HT-C5900, when I insert Avengers 3D blu-ray. Other 3D films like IceAge 4, Brave 3D and Men in Black 3 3D happens the same thing. Recent bluray 3D purchases still work, such as Tangeled 3D, Bolt 3D, Drive Angry 3D, Piranha 3D, etc... Still work fine, so it must be some new format in the new discs that the bluray player can't handle. I'm also waiting for a solution, anyone?

Collapse -
Re: Not only avengers
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 12, 2012 2:04 AM PST
In reply to: Not only avengers

Hi Flammingo,

I see the firmware was updated just this last October. Have you tried checking the new firmware yet?

HD Tech

Collapse -
Answer
avenger 3D
by cdstt / December 31, 2012 12:29 AM PST

We are having the same exact problem with the Avenger 3D DVD - we have a Samsung 3D setup & it hangs up in the same exact spot. Have you found a solution? We took kour first DVD back to Best Buy & the replacement hung up in the same spot just like the first one.

Collapse -
DVD...yes Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D....NO GO! :(
by laurabs24 / December 31, 2012 6:06 AM PST
In reply to: avenger 3D

Having issues also. The player will play DVD, but will not play Blu-ray or Blu-ray 3D. Did some of the suggested remedies I've seen in the forums....tried to download new firmware, but there was no new firmware to download, turning off BD live, unplugged and plugged back in. Husband on the phone with Samsung now.....lets see how long he's on the phone before they say to send it in!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.