Samsung forum

Samsung horrible customer service

by Kelson426 / December 6, 2012 5:58 AM PST

My samsung series 7 NP700Z5C-S04US broke after 2 months. I've had 3 different ticket numbers over the last 2 monts: 4116527112, 4116737683, and 4116826626. None of them have been resolved.

Heres my story:

10/8/12: Call customer service for problem with Chronos laptop, won't charge properly. I was told to send it in for service and it would take 2-4 days after it was received.
10/15: UPS confirms that computer was delivered to samsung
10/16: Samsung claims they received the computer
10/17: The repair center receives the computer. (i've already lost 2 days)
10/24: Call samsung since i've received no updates. And am told to call the repair center. The repair center informs me that they are fixing problems my computer never had and won't listen to me about the real problem. They also tell me they are going to order a part that will take 1-2 weeks to arrive.(They've had my computer for a week already, why haven't they ordered it)
10/25: Call samsung back to see if this can be resolved another way as i don't want to be without a computer for a month. They offer a replacement and tell me someone will contact me in 1-2 days to arrange this.
10/30: No one has contacted me and when i call in they just say to keep waiting.
10/31: After having been lied to about their replacement office being closed and then receiveing a lower replacement offer from the "closed" center the same day i asked for a refund. They agree to start the process on that.
11/3: After continually being contacted about a replacement that i no longer want i finally talk to someone in the refund department that says she'll start the refund and that i will receive it in 10-15 business days. (Why did it take them 4 days to understand that i no longer want their product)
11/17: No updates so i call to check in, they say they're still waiting on my computer to be sent in( it was sent in back in october). They also inform me that they will not refund the almost 100 dollars in sales tax. After fighting this for a while i agree to their ammount because i'm tired of dealing with it.
11/24: Their 15 business days are up and they have made no progress. Everyone i talk to gives me a different story. It's already been mailed or we're waiting on one more approval. Then i find out the truth. They messed up somewhere and restarted the 10-15 day process on 11/15 and never told me. They claim there is nothing they can do to speed it up even though it was there mistake. I'm given multiple promises on when it will arrive and those dates come and go.
11/27: The check is supposedly finally in the mail.
12/6: Still no check. Is someone walking the check from their office to texas.

Moral of the story, never do business with samsung. I had a working product for 2 months and they've had it back for 2 months and i have nothing. As a student who needs a computer to do school work this has been horrible. Luckily in the past two months i've been able to turn several people away from buying a samsung product. The few thousand dollars it's probably cost them might not be noticed but it makes me feel better. If you enjoy being lied to and stolen from then go ahead and buy a samsung product, if you want a product that won't break or will at least be fixed go elsewhere.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung horrible customer service
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung horrible customer service
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Poor experience
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 6, 2012 6:24 AM PST

Hi Kelson426,

I know a simple sorry won't suffice, but I would like to offer my apologies still for the delays you've experienced. In addition to this, I sent your information up the appropriate channels to our corporate headquarters to alert them of your problem.

HD Tech

Collapse -
by Kelson426 / December 6, 2012 6:27 AM PST
In reply to: Re: Poor experience

Thank you for trying to help, hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Collapse -
Still no resolution
by Kelson426 / December 8, 2012 7:40 AM PST

The refund check i was supposed to receive was mailed 11/27. I have emails and text's to confirm this. I called samsung on 12/7, i thought 10 days was long enough for something to make it through the mail. I was informed that samsung had made yet another mistake and the check had to be stopped and resent on 12/6. All anyone at this company can do is act annoyed when i call and offer a fake apology and no resolution. Just to warn everyone again, don't buy anything from samsung. It is a company of incompetent and rude people who could care less about there customers.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.