Samsung forum

Samsung HL-T5076S White Dots

by mtxchevy / November 5, 2012 7:01 AM PST

I have a Samsung HL-T5076S with White Dots - Up to seven now from 1 a week ago. I assume it will only get worse!

I have researched that Samsung was fixing this last year, but haven't found anything recent. Is this still getting fixed? The thread that was talking about it on cNet is locked now. Can anyone pass along information or a link?

S/N is AHFM3CMP90008IV
50" Samsung DLP TV, built in September 2007.

Thanks for the help!

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung HL-T5076S White Dots
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung HL-T5076S White Dots
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
The old discussion was out of date.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 5, 2012 7:18 AM PST

And the system changed so the thread was locked. I guess we could have it removed but that's not how the forums work here.

The repairs are still being done and there are plenty of open discussions about the expected versus actual life span of the DMD. It will wear out and we have a good Ti document that shows the curves and more for those that need the maker's word about wear out.

Collapse -
HL61A750 model Samsung
by bamagirlmm / November 5, 2012 8:20 AM PST

I've been dealing with this same issue now for 3 or 4 months. I bought my tv 3-31-09. I thought Samsung was a good company and made the best. But now I have learned this issue with same model as mine have had this issue reading post back may 2011. They end up replacing the DLP chip at no cost well just today I have talked to 3 different support people from Samsung and even emailed him the post from this forum of 2011. And he had the nerve to say this wasn't. A Samsung forum. Even though he did confirm the tv was fixed but wouldn't say Samsung did so. Disgusted with. Samsung product and I will let everyone know how I feel I even offered because this is a known problem. Or defect I would be willing to pay for labor if Samsung would just replace the defected chip. My tv is only 3 years old to me I know it was manufactured in 2008. But come on what I paid for this it should be good for at least 10 years before replacing. Things

Collapse -
Sadly, the Ti DMD chip only looks to hit that many years
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 5, 2012 10:46 AM PST
In reply to: HL61A750 model Samsung

Under the best of circumstances. Ti was so rattled by this issue that Ti upped their DLP projector warranty to 5 years. It does not mean this is a 5 or 10 year Ti design.

Collapse -
Lemon Model HL61A750A1F
by bamagirlmm / November 6, 2012 1:48 AM PST

So What are you saying? Does this mean you are saying my model of TV DLP chip should be under warranty for 5 years from purchase date? And I do realize the meaning of any kind of warranty, I think you may have misunderstood my point, If I were the only person in a millon people having this isuue I could over look the problem but there is thousands of people with just this same issue So Come On and Get Real Do you think anyone would pay $1500.00 to $2400.00 for a TV that they know is gonna last maybe just maybe 3 years then start putting hundreads of more dollars in it to keep it fixed? Not me. If there is such a thing that samsung has provided a fix or recall on this model please let me know, and I would be the 1st person to apologize to SamSung, But as for now from what I have been told by SAMSUNG

Collapse -
My view is the Ti lemon.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 6, 2012 3:25 AM PST

Ti developed a neat idea to solve an issue to get HD on a big screen but as you see in figure 9 of the life span plummets with just a slight rise in temperature. Also in another document, humidity factors in.

Since Ti made the chip, pushed the design out there and all this is now open for us to read, you see how Ti oversold the design. If you really dig into this, the other companies that used this design are suffering the same issue and same ire of the owners.

It's strange you expect this maker to correct Ti's issue but for those that don't know how the industry works, I can see why folk do that.

Collapse -
Lemon Model HL61A750A1F
by bamagirlmm / November 6, 2012 4:09 AM PST

Well let me see If I bought into a company and purchased their product, and used it on my product put my name on it and made the profit from it then YES I do think I would be responsible for selling products that are defected, I run my own business manufactor gutters and if for some reason the hangers or coil became defected and rusted out in a year or two years because a slight rise in temperature or humidity factors! my company would be responsible for defected hangers. And why do you keep getting away from the fact SAMSUNG HAS REPLACED this chip for lots.. The fact of the matter is this is not a trusting company if they were the reasons all would be the same, and if they did for 1 it should be for all... I AM NOT ASKING THEM TO DO ANYTHING MORE FOR ME THAN THEY DID FOR LOTS OF OTHER CUSTOMERS THAT PURCHASED THE SAME............

Collapse -
Have you tried the suggestion?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 6, 2012 4:28 AM PST

It's at;msg5381369

My discussion is so folk can learn more about Ti and share what's going on. Samsung does not make the DMD and to make matters worse, the factory was shut down in Japan because of a recent disaster. Ti has it back up and running but I found consumers to be heartless over that story. Not one said they understand why the parts became hard to find for awhile.

I am not discussing "the fact" you noted above. But arming you with some knowledge for you to use as you call in and ask for some help.

Collapse -
Re: Samsung HL-T5076S White Dots
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 5, 2012 10:29 PM PST
Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.