Samsung forum

Samsung HDTV/monitor newbie questions.

by antdude / September 16, 2012 6:32 AM PDT

1. How do I tell the new Samsung HDTVs and monitors (e.g., SyncMaster T22B350) not to delete the weak/unstable over the air (OTA) channels? I hate having to keep rescanning to get them back. I did not see any on screen options to always keep the unstable/weak channels.

2. Does Samsung have a public official forum? I found its e-mail support annoying and can't even find my monitor model. Sad

Thank you in advance. Happy

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung HDTV/monitor newbie questions.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung HDTV/monitor newbie questions.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Sad news but an idea.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 16, 2012 6:40 AM PDT
Collapse -
by antdude / September 16, 2012 8:21 AM PDT
In reply to: Sad news but an idea.

But I already tried that antenna outdoor and it did not do well, compared to a huge CM4228 HD antenna that did a lot better (99 to 123 channels picked up!). The problem is that the house is behind a giant hill/small mountain facing the wrong side. It's only one station (KSCI/LA18 in Los Angeles/L.A., CA, USA) that has problems. Sad

Collapse -
Small world
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 16, 2012 8:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks.

But that's an above average number of channels. Many are getting a handful. Maybe it's time to forget that lone channel and see if they have an internet channel.

Collapse -
I wasn't able to find LA/KSCI18 online. :(
by antdude / September 16, 2012 10:23 AM PDT
In reply to: Small world

The old couples watch a lot of asian (Chinese and Korean) shows on it. Oh well. Silly Samsung should not delete the weak/unstable channels without permission. Lame design. I also noticed a 50" Samsung HDTV has this problem too.

Collapse -
Parting tip.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 17, 2012 2:12 AM PDT

Always call it in. (800SAMSUNG for USA)

Why? If folk call such in and many do, then the message gets sent up. BTW, OTA is what it is so I doubt it's a high priority to TV makers today. That is, my bet is the focus is on APPS and "recurring revenue" which OTA is not about.

Collapse -
I doubt calling will do any better.
by antdude / September 17, 2012 4:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Parting tip.

Earlier today, I got an e-mail reply/response from Samsung's support:

"... As the model number T22B350 is provided, we would like to
inform that in this model you can press the MENU - Channel -
Channel List - ENTER; you can get the channel list. Select a
channel in the All Channels, Added Channels, Favorite or
Programmed screen by pressing the up and down arrow and ENTER
buttons. Then you can
watch the selected channel. For Memorizing Channels you need
to press MENU - Channel - ENTER, Before your television can
begin memorizing the available channels, you must specify the
type of signal source that is connected to the TV (i.e. an
Air or a Cable system). We would like to inform that Samsung
has a public forum and you can write your suggestions in it.
To access it you need to have a Samsung account, login to it
and can access the forum..."

I already did them. I don't even see its public forum. Sad

Collapse -
Then the consumer voting and veto methods.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 17, 2012 4:16 AM PDT

If the product does not meet you needs you return it. That's how the market works today. If products are returned then the place that sells them returns them as well and a market correction takes place.

You saw that with Microsoft Vista.

Collapse -
Vista wasn't that bad.
by antdude / September 17, 2012 6:36 AM PDT

Windows 8 and Me were worse. Happy

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 17, 2012 8:38 AM PDT
In reply to: Vista wasn't that bad.

HDCP is on my bad ideas list. Along with your items. MSFT appears to be forcing that new OS harder than they did Vista. At the office, so much trouble with our in house apps that we skipped Vista. And what was very odd, was our in house apps just worked on 7.

Back on topic. OTA is all over the map. At least you understand why.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Coming soon

Get behind the wheel with Roadshow

Love cars? Climb into the driver's seat for the latest videos, reviews, shopping advice and picks by our editors delivered to your inbox every week.