Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung HDTV LNT4671FX/XAA

by wkfong / June 10, 2009 10:02 AM PDT

My problems are small but bothersome. I purchased a repair insurance, but the company went out of business that left me "holding the bag".
The following are my problems? The blue ring shape indicator light located directly below the TV screen. It stays on regardless the TV is on or off. I suspect the internal relay which turns on and off this light stops working, or I accidentally pushed a wrong button.
Another is the size of the image. I set the viewing size to 1:16 as recommended, but it looks like wide-fit - no different in look.
I need expert advice. Certainly appreciate it.
W. K. Fong

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung HDTV LNT4671FX/XAA
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung HDTV LNT4671FX/XAA
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung HDTV LNT4671FX/XAA
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 10, 2009 10:47 AM PDT

wkfong,

What was the company that went out of business?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Repair insurance company out of business
by wkfong / June 11, 2009 1:57 AM PDT

HD tech
I purchased a 46-in. HDTV from ABE's of Main (800-228-2237)via their website. I paid $300 for a 3-yr. ext. warranty. They sent me a service plan from "REPAIR TECH" Inc , Iselin, NJ. 888-814-8324. When I called and could not make connection. I called ABE's and was told that the company went bankrupt. They are suing to recover the money they paid them. All they can do is to add my name to the claim list.
I will not settle for this. I plan to take ABE's to court.

WK Fong

Collapse -
: Repair insurance company out of business
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 12, 2009 8:11 AM PDT

wkfong,

I'm very sorry to hear that.

I was hoping you were going to say Circuit City, since I have the contact information for any customers who purchased an extended warranty before they went out of business (800-878-1167).

I wish I could help. Is the unit out of the 1-year original manufacturer's warranty?

--HDTech

Collapse -
re: Repair insurance company out of business
by victamoore / June 30, 2010 4:35 AM PDT

HDTech,
Thanks for the phone number to Circuit City extended warranty! I called and the technician had me unplug the set for 1 min. to reset. It worked. The tv turns on no problem, no repeated on/off's, just on like new. Now, I don't know if this is just a temporary fix or not so we'll see about that.

Collapse -
Samsung HDTV TV waranty
by wkfong / June 12, 2009 11:46 AM PDT

HD Tech
Yes, the original 1-yr. has expired since Feb. of this year.
For the purpose of discussion:
I know nothing about the company "Repair Tech" and I did not deal directly with them. All I know is that I paid ABE's $300 for an extended warranty. They received my money. They should be responsible.
This is my legal ground. I wonder if the small claim court will take my case. Since it is interstate, I am not so sure our local court (Walnut Creek, California) has the jurisdiction. I will try to find out from Federal Dept. of Consumer Affair. It is not just the money. It is the principle of it.
W. K. Fong

Collapse -
Samsung HDTV TV waranty
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 13, 2009 10:02 AM PDT

wkfong,

I make it a point not to enter any discussions regarding legal issues - regardless of if they're aimed at Samsung or otherwise.

However, I wish you the best in getting your television fixed.

I'm sorry, but my position requires I avoid topics such as these.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Legal Ground
by wkfong / June 13, 2009 11:11 AM PDT

HD tech
That is a wise decision. The matter will be resolved, one way or the other. Thanks
WK Fong

Collapse -
Repair insurance company out of business
by skealeye / July 19, 2010 3:35 AM PDT

Hello wkfong,

I am now in the same situation that you had. I just called Abe's of Maine, and when they notified me that Repair-Tech are out of Business the best offer they made me was for 150.00 to cover the last year in my 3 year warranty for a repair on my 2000.00+ HDTV.

I know it had been a year since u're posting, but i was wondering your outcome, and if you were able to fight and get you television repaired? thanks..

Collapse -
abes of maine
by landoor1 / December 1, 2010 4:45 AM PST

I am in a similar situation. Got patches of green and purple on the screen. Samsung suspects a faulty board (after only 2 years!!) Repair tech is out of business and Abes is paying back the last year of ext warranty. I'm declining the offer on principle. I bought the warranty for peace of mind. $100 refund does nothing on a $2k TV

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.