Samsung forum

Resolved Question

Samsung Galexy Tab won't switch on or charge

by REALPUNK105 / August 11, 2011 6:50 AM PDT

Hi everyone,

My partner has a Samsung Galaxy Tab that has been in good working order for a few month now, but it no longer shows that it is charging no matter what we do, and the device will not switch on even though there is enough battery power. We have held the on button to see if this would work but nothing. We have also checked Samsung website for troubleshooting but we can not find one that is relevant.

Please can you help us

Kindest Regards

Paul

REALPUNK105 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer »
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Galexy Tab won't switch on or charge
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Galexy Tab won't switch on or charge
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer as chosen by REALPUNK105

Collapse -
Does reset work?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 11, 2011 7:00 AM PDT
Collapse -
Unfortunatly still not working
by REALPUNK105 / August 11, 2011 8:16 AM PDT
In reply to: Does reset work?

Hi There,

Thank you for that suggestion, but unfortunately the device will not do a factory restore, I read the one that stated if the device won't switch on, but this hasn't worked i'm afraid.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Collapse -
This it's time for the service counter.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 11, 2011 9:58 AM PDT

It could be as simple as a bum charger. Let the service counter take a look.
Bob

Collapse -
Thank You
by REALPUNK105 / August 11, 2011 10:03 AM PDT

Hi Bob,

I just wanted to thank you for your support, I will take it in for service tomorrow,

Kindest Regards

Paul

Collapse -
battery disconected
by Lel01 / June 4, 2014 4:55 PM PDT
In reply to: Does reset work?

help.. every time i connect the charger, at first it will start charging, but after a short while a warning will show saying battery disconected. i even tried using other charger even with the usb connector. same result. any suggestion?. i cant find answers in the net... please help...

Collapse -
Some recent clients....
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 5, 2014 12:13 AM PDT
In reply to: battery disconected

The first one wasn't using the supplied cable and charger. Opened box and used the supplied parts. Done.

The second one had to get serviced.

This thread is more than 1028 days old so it's a safe bet that more and more tablets will begin to need service or replacement as we pass a few years.
Bob

Collapse -
Re: battery disconected
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 6, 2014 7:25 AM PDT
In reply to: battery disconected

Hi Lel01,

I'm very sorry to hear that has happened. In order for me to help you most accurately, please provide the complete model code for this device.

Regards,
HD Tech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.