Tablets forum

Question

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 wifi-connection problems

by jancall / May 6, 2013 8:18 AM PDT

I have no problem using my tablet w/our home wifi. However, I find that often times when I am out somewhere else...hospitals, restaurants, really, anywhere that offers free wifi, my tablet will not connect. It will show a very strong signal strength and even show that it is "connected", in Settings, but it never connects. Just spins like it's trying to connect. It's very frustrating because I can never count on it working just because there is wifi available. I've read that turning it off and then on again can help, but it still won't connect after that. Any ideas??

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 wifi-connection problems
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 wifi-connection problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Me too.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 6, 2013 11:47 AM PDT

It seems that some are odd ball and not tablet friendly. Sometimes the free spots are "full." That is, there may be no more free connections.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 wifi-connection problems
by pondnet / June 12, 2013 10:57 AM PDT

I have had a similar problem, works well at home, and elsewhere it just spins trying to connect to a very strong open access WiFi signal and then terminates, saying the signal is poor. Here's what worked:

1) When the connection fails, select the option to "Forget" the network.

2) Don't rescan for WiFi signals, though that shouldn't be a problem if you don't attempt to join the SSID it refinds.

3) Manually add a new network, and give it the *exact* same name as the WiFi network that failed to connect, making sure to match case. Enter appropriate security options if there are any, and connect to that newly added network.

4) Scratch your head, and say "WTF, why would that work!?"

I think it might have to do with Samsung/Android leaving faulty internal DHCP parameters from your last WiFi connection.

Collapse -
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 wifi-connection problems
by jancall / June 26, 2013 2:32 AM PDT

Thanks so much for the help. Question...how do you manually add a new network? I can't seem to find where to do that.

Collapse -
*scratching head, saying WTF, why would that work?!?!
by Griefnow / October 28, 2013 1:10 AM PDT

But it did work on my unbranded Chinese tablet. I tried first resetting router but that did not help. This fix seemed easy enough that I tried it. THANK YOU THANK YOU!! Now when I go home I will try same method with my phone mobile hotspot since it has been giving me a similar issue.

Collapse -
Answer
Help
by aanaya_abid / June 25, 2013 10:24 PM PDT

I just bought two Galaxy Tab 7.0 Pluses and both devices will not connect to my DLink Wifi setup in my house. I checked my other Smartphone device (U8150, Huawei) and I was able to connect fine - thinking I have my password to my DLink is all wrong - without any other problems. I read in a lot of threads that this is an inherent problem with Galaxy Tabs and I need help.

Collapse -
Over in the CNET Networking forum
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 26, 2013 2:31 AM PDT
In reply to: Help

I have collected tips and more ranging from what we know to what folk have reported that can help.

Always try a free wifi hotspot to see if the tablet has an issue. My rather new router was not working with some tablet until they fixed the router firmware. Now it's all good.
Bob

Collapse -
Wifi connection problems - Samsung Tab 3
by satirerose / October 12, 2013 3:57 PM PDT

I bought one of these tablets last week. Could not connect to my the internet via my home wireless router so thought it could be a router or a product problem. Used my iphone as my personal hotspot and still couldn't connect to the internet. Took it back and got a full replacement new product. The new one does exactly the same thing - ie not connecting to the internet. My home wifi setting says strong signal, as does the network from my iphone. The tablet when trying to connect just spins around and around without connecting. Can't send emails. Can't connect to the internet. Really frustrating. Any ideas anyone? Surely all of the tabs can't have this major fault. I really feel like ditching it, getting a full refund and then work out what other products I could be buying.

Collapse -
Sounds like a plan.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 12, 2013 10:06 PM PDT

I've wondered for a long time how the market would react to buggy network products. My personal run in with a router noted above was interesting in that I rarely see these issues on my own gear. As noted we sorted it with some help from the router maker.
Bob

Collapse -
I have the same problem
by XB9 / November 5, 2013 11:54 PM PST

My Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 will not see my home wifi network. I have several laptops (mac and pc) and they all see, and connect to this network, no problem. My tab wont' even see it. I've tried everything, ie, rebooting router, rebooting modem, rebooting tablet, changing my router (Cisco Linksys E3200) settings, pushing the little refresh button on back of router, entering network name and password manually, etc. Nothing works!

This tablet is useless!

Collapse -
SAmsung Galaxy Tab 2 wifi connection problems
by papazdat / September 4, 2013 10:06 PM PDT
In reply to: Help

I've had nothing but connection problems with my dlink router. only my laptop will connect to it. My galaxy tab, my wifes' kindle, iPhone and galaxy s3 does not connect at all. Even with the password on the bottom of the router nothing connects. I'm going to just purchase a new router and hope that fixes the problems.

Collapse -
Samsung galaxy tab 2 P 3100 wifi woes
by suri001 / November 15, 2013 8:28 PM PST

Hi there i tried the above mentioned steps, but then i could not get it to work

my wifi says connected, but then the two little arrows below the wifi connection which indicate sending and receiving data ...i could spot onlt one arrow...and the device scans the connection at regular intervals and then displays connected....but its never connected

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.