Android forum

General discussion

Samsung Galaxy S4 - Share your opinions!

by alex_yew / May 5, 2013 10:09 PM PDT

Have you bought the latest Samsung Galaxy S4?

Share your opinions about this phone!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Galaxy S4 - Share your opinions!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Galaxy S4 - Share your opinions!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I pre-ordered it....
by birdmantd Forum moderator / May 13, 2013 5:08 AM PDT

....but Verizon will only ship it at the end of the month. Everything I have read, seen and folks who have used one seems favorable. I am looking forward to getting mine in about 2 weeks. Wish I could offer some first hand experience.

Collapse -
Galaxy S4 review
by hamidAWC / May 13, 2013 5:14 PM PDT

I got one and first thing I must say is about the Display! It is really unbelievable and I hadn't seen such quality before. and I must I don't agree with those who say it is some cheap plastic phone!! It is really beautiful and the design is really great
About software features, I think Samsung included everything possible in this phone Happy But some of them are not practical and needs to be more completed/ Features like Smart Scroll! I once did Smart scrolling on the street and everyone was starring at me and thought I am crazy!! Why are you moving your head man??

By the way, I like this phone very much...

I saw in AW Center, that they made a Pros & Cons list for S4

The 16Gb version, gives you just about 9Gb free space
Overheating for some devices (Not confirmed officially)
App installation on SD card is not allowed
The software features (innovations?) are just not mature enough! Maybe on Galaxy S5 Wink

Collapse -
Galaxy S4
by Fretinapaul / May 15, 2013 7:15 PM PDT
In reply to: Galaxy S4 review

I have also heard that samsung galaxy s4 is the best model to use. One of my friend is using it and she ever speaks that the phone features are really good and software features also better.

Collapse -
want to buy S4
by kuku007 / May 23, 2013 2:21 AM PDT
In reply to: Galaxy S4 review

me also want to buy a s4 , and was searching about its pros and cons , can some body share their experience about the heating problem in s4 . as you mentioned in your writing and your mentioned site also saying that such problem exists , me searched on net and found one more forum , that also describing same thing , can somebody share the experience ? is this true or a rumors , as this is a expensive gadget and me dont want to lose my money ,

Collapse -
I know!
by hotzhotz / May 20, 2013 2:58 PM PDT

I will buy S4 this coming month of June to my carrier. Well, all I know is that S4 is one of the best gadgets now.

Collapse -
by eugenerudenko / May 20, 2013 11:20 PM PDT

Haven't managed to get my hands on the device yet (expecting it to come in a couple of weeks) but the device is surely a great one. Display is awesome and another thing I really like about it is its processor. Powerful enough to deal with all the task you launch in the device.

Collapse -
Hi all
by devantetabletpc / May 27, 2013 5:13 PM PDT

haven't bought yet, but it is another best model launched by Samsung.
Thinking to buy it at the earliest Happy

Collapse -
heating problem in s4 i9500
by harigrg33 / June 5, 2013 4:45 AM PDT

I have bought my s4 on 9th of may, it is i9500 exynos octa version. For 2-3 days it was working quite perfect but suddenly I started feeling the heat on my device near the camera region. I came to encounter this problem after I install few apps and games like fb, skype, dragongon hunter-4. As well my battery is getting drain very quickly say about 3-4hr per one time charge..... it is said that after update tne problem will be solbed as I have sen in some video but it didnt helped iny case. My device is still having the heating problem and it rise up to 55°c which I have checked by dialling *#0228#.... I hope samsung will give some serious concern in this problem.

Collapse -
No problems with mine.....
by birdmantd Forum moderator / June 5, 2013 5:16 AM PDT

Using a Verizon 4-core and no overheating issues.

Collapse -
For those who didn't know...
by birdmantd Forum moderator / June 5, 2013 5:27 AM PDT

The four core model is sold for US carriers and the 8 core is sold internationally.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.