Phones forum

Question

samsung galaxy s3 v. iphone 5

by megny714 / October 4, 2012 3:48 AM PDT

I am trying to decide between the two. I use Outlook for my email, contacts, calendar and sync between my computer and current phone(Blackberry) Which phone (Samsung or iphone) will be the easiest to transfer my data to and sync with my computer? What do I have to do to do that?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: samsung galaxy s3 v. iphone 5
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: samsung galaxy s3 v. iphone 5
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
It's subjective
by Pepe7 / October 4, 2012 4:14 AM PDT

There's truly no such thing as 'easier'- it's going to depend on one's experience and particular situation, and ultimately which system they prefer. For example, the iOS is a very user friendly system (on top of high quality hardware to boot), but sometimes getting things configured just right w/ Outlook isn't always the easiest task.

AFAIK, a lot of folks are using Samsung Kies (software) to perform the sync on Android devices. OTOH, I know a lot of folks who have had success using Companionlink (third party software) for iPhone. There are other methods too numerous to mention here.

If you use MS Exchange for email, it would be even easier yet. I recommend you consider a cloud based solution as well to potentially avoid having to constantly sync with a PC. Using Gmail & Google Calendar on an Android based device is a breeze IMO and E.

Collapse -
Answer
iPhone 5 vs Galaxy S3:
by FarisUmayrSarkis / October 4, 2012 8:41 PM PDT

I really don't know several people today who consider announcements are handled better in iOS (Apple simply copied Android mobile phone warns with iOS5.) I have a notification LED on my S3 and complete accessibility to the notification spot from the lock screen

Collapse -
samsung galaxy s3 v. iphone
by megny714 / October 4, 2012 11:01 PM PDT
In reply to: iPhone 5 vs Galaxy S3:

I am not sure what you mean by announcements. What is a notification LED?

Collapse -
Sure
by Pepe7 / October 5, 2012 1:04 AM PDT
In reply to: iPhone 5 vs Galaxy S3:

There's no LED, but there are audio warnings and lock screen visuals for iOS announcements<shrug>.

Again, it's mostly a matter of taste, and what you prefer on a device/OS.

Collapse -
Answer
Samsung Galaxy s3 vs iPhone 5
by buyapplestore / October 8, 2012 8:06 PM PDT

Hii megny714! I can understand the confusion you are facing right now. Anybody will think alot before buying a high-tech device. But it totally depends upon your comfort level with the softwares and OS installed in both Samsung Galaxy s3 and iphone 5. Both of them are facing competition to a great extent in the mobile phone market. Without a shadow of a doubt, both of them have used latest and much more improved technology. I would like to say just try your hands on both the phones and try out some navigation steps. Then it'll become easy for you to decide which one is the best for you.

Collapse -
Answer
Apple Wins the race
by jessicawilliams76 / October 9, 2012 1:19 AM PDT

Comparing Android to Iphone is like comparing a PC to an Applemac. Apple always wins. They are less buggy, simple to use internally and externally. Iphone is so simple which makes them so clever.

I persoanally have used both and find the android buggy from my own experience.

Collapse -
Answer
I like Galaxy S3 more
by lisa198754 / October 16, 2012 7:18 PM PDT

The Apple iPhone 5 is finally real. As expected, it features a larger screen, a faster processor and a slightly-improved camera. But the best-selling Galaxy S III is the leader of the droid gang. A real question is - which one should you buy, the iPhone 5 or the Samsung Galaxy S3? After viewing the post about comparison between iPhone 5 and Galaxy S 3, I prefer to get the S3.

Collapse -
Answer
condsider others
by sillybang / October 17, 2012 5:40 PM PDT

I have end up give up android and ios, why don't wait for the Lumia 920? If you are using the Windows OS on your computer, the WP mobile will surely perfectly match with your computer and get all data transfered quickly.

Collapse -
(NT) "And don't call me Shirley"
by birdmantd Forum moderator / October 17, 2012 10:24 PM PDT
In reply to: condsider others
Collapse -
no message
by megny714 / October 17, 2012 11:24 PM PDT

there was no message in your reply, just the title "And don't call me Shirley" Did you mean to write something?

Collapse -
It was meant as a joke....
by birdmantd Forum moderator / October 18, 2012 1:32 AM PDT
In reply to: no message

Have you ever seen the movie, Airplane with the actor Leslie Nielson? That was a popular quote commonly used. No offense was meant to anyone.

Collapse -
Answer
s3 vs iphone 5
by jonyaff / October 26, 2012 6:31 AM PDT

If you're still struggling to choose between the iPhone 5 and the Samsung Galaxy S3 we have some news that may help you make a decision. This year, the day after Thanksgiving (one of the busiest shopping days of the year known as Black Friday), Sprint will offer the popular Android smartphone for just $50 (down from $200) with a standard two-year contract.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.