Phones forum

General discussion

Samsung Galaxy S2 Carrier

by wrestlerman0329 / February 16, 2011 2:20 AM PST

Any ideas on when we can expect this phone to come to the United States mobile carriers and which ones?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Galaxy S2 Carrier
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Galaxy S2 Carrier
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung Galaxy S II
by birdmantd Forum moderator / February 16, 2011 3:21 AM PST

According to phone arena, estimated release in 1st Quarter 2011. Based on the supported voice and data frequencies, I would expect it to be w/ At&t initially and not on T-mobile.

Collapse -
by wrestlerman0329 / February 16, 2011 5:50 AM PST
In reply to: Samsung Galaxy S II

So based on the supported voice and data frequencies could Sprint be a possible carrier for the device.

Collapse -
No
by birdmantd Forum moderator / February 16, 2011 6:39 AM PST
In reply to: reply

According to phonearena.com the phone is GSM (At&t) and not CDMA (Sprint/Verizon).

Collapse -
One more thing
by birdmantd Forum moderator / February 16, 2011 6:43 AM PST
In reply to: reply

It is possible there might by a Sprint version of the phone later, but the current specifications indicate the first release will not be available for Sprint.

Collapse -
I would definitely like to know.
by unorapido / February 23, 2011 12:52 AM PST

I really like these phones, and I had the Galaxy s Pro (EPIC) on Sprint. Luckily they have the 30 day return policy. I got it when I was on the road, and had great service all over the SW US. When I got home though I had there 4G service in most places locally except of course at my house. I could get wimax 100 yards from my house, but almost no service at my house. Just so you know it is the same with Verizon (weak signal, but I do get service), and At&t ( my brother has a iPhone 4g). So I am a contract less cellular floater, which of course is not necessarily bad. Either way I love the Epic, and this one is BETTER, with an upgraded display so it is one I would definitely buy, if of course I liked the provider I could get it with. As far as that goes I do not know about T-Mobile.

Collapse -
there is no such thing as a iphone 4g. they market so well
by cuco420 / May 21, 2011 2:20 AM PDT

there is no such thing as a iphone 4g, they market so well they make poeple think that there is such a thing. every one around me at work think that its called an iphone 4g

Collapse -
Samsung Galaxy S2 Carrier
by jhonmark555 / February 24, 2011 11:57 PM PST

Samsung Galaxy S2 is the best mobile which made by samsung and there 4G service in most places locally except of course at my house and have possible carrier for the device.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.