Samsung forum

Question

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Question

by willum0806 / October 28, 2013 11:27 PM PDT

I've got a number of music files transferred to my External SD Card. I can click on the first file and it plays OK but when that track is finished, I have to select the next track to make it play.....

My Question - Is there any way I can configure the playback system so that it will play all the tracks in order, without having to select each one?
Thanks Happy

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Question
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Question
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Sounds more like an App issue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 29, 2013 1:17 AM PDT

This is some Android device so why not try other player apps?

Sorry I can't comment about what app this is since the bundled apps are all over the map.
Bob

Collapse -
(NT) PS. Does this app have a playlist feature?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 29, 2013 3:21 AM PDT
Collapse -
The Music Player can make playlists. Link follows on how.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 31, 2013 3:16 AM PDT
Collapse -
Answer
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Question
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 29, 2013 3:06 AM PDT

Hi willum0806,

Thank you for the message. I would like to look into this issue further for you. Which music player app are you using on your tablet?

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
Media Player
by willum0806 / October 29, 2013 8:29 AM PDT

Thanks for your responses Happy

When I select an MP3 or WMA or other compatible audio file to play, the built-in media player starts and automatically plays a single file. I can only assume that the default player is being used, since a small Icon together with the words "Sound Player" appears at the top left of the screen.......

Collapse -
Re: Media Player
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 31, 2013 12:32 AM PDT
In reply to: Media Player

Hi willum0806,

Where are you selecting these files from? When selected from the My Files application sound player is an option which will only play a single song. If you go to the Music Player application you will have an option to continuously play all of your songs or create a playlist.

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
Media Player
by willum0806 / October 31, 2013 3:05 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: Media Player

Thank you for your reply HD Tech - it is much appreciated Happy
Just this afternoon, I discovered whilst 'Playing Around' with my tablet, that selecting the Music Player app. rather than clicking on a file on the external SD Card, does indeed offer the option to continuously play the MP3 files on the card. However, there only seems to be the option to play the files in a Random manner.
Is there a way to play the files in the order in which they appear in the Playlist ?
Thanks again......

Collapse -
Re: Media Player
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 31, 2013 5:23 AM PDT
In reply to: Media Player

Hi willum0806,

In the music player you have an option to view all songs or select by album/artist. In the top right corner there is a shuffle option that will need to be disabled for the songs to play in order. Also you can create your own custom playlists from the music player as well.

Hope this helps!

HD Tech

Collapse -
Music Player
by willum0806 / October 31, 2013 10:29 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: Media Player

Thank you again for your reply Happy You mentioned the 'shuffle' option but I can't find a way to disable this option...... Can you please tell me where it is 'Hidden' ??

Collapse -
Re: Music Player
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 1, 2013 2:21 AM PDT
In reply to: Music Player

Hi willum0806,

I understand this feature can be difficult to locate. When in the music player app you will see the current song playing at the bottom, with a list of your other songs and categories above. If you select the album art in the lower left corner the player will expand showing the shuffle button to the left of the status bar. This is where you can toggle shuffle on or off.

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
Music Player
by willum0806 / November 1, 2013 10:43 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: Music Player

Thank you very much for your help in solving the problem - it is truly appreciated Happy

I just wonder why the option to cancel Random playing was not included within a drop-down menu on the main page - say within the Shuffle Icon or within the Tools/ Settings Icon.........

Kind Regards.

Collapse -
Re: Music Player
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 3, 2013 11:11 PM PST
In reply to: Music Player

Hi willum0806,

As far as the design I cannot comment on why this option was not included. It appears to be a quick menu where the shuffle button starts playing a mix of all of your music, while the expanded player gives you more control over the shuffle option.

Regards,
HD Tech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.