Forum Announcement

Welcome to the new CNET Forums! Please don't panic. You are not in the Twilight Zone, you are experiencing the new CNET forums platform! Please click here to read the details. Thanks!!

Samsung

Tip

Samsung EH 5300 Smart TV wireless keyboard access

by Gemsfort / July 25, 2012 1:23 AM PDT

Just purchased a new Samsung EH 5300 Smart TV and wireless keyboard - Logitech K400 touch pad with built in scroll pad. Absolutely no issues, no linking set up required, nothing. Works perfectly right out of the box. They even threw in a set of batteries!! BTW, I bought this TV in Canada but the 1-800- Samsung guys did not have an answer as to compatibility with a USB wireless device. This one is tested and working.
Have fun surfing !

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung EH 5300 Smart TV wireless keyboard access
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung EH 5300 Smart TV wireless keyboard access
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Samsung EH 5300 Smart TV wireless keyboard access
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 25, 2012 1:31 AM PDT

Hey Gemsfort,

Great tip! Happy In encourage others to mention keyboards they've tried and whether or not they have worked.

HD Tech

Collapse -
it works!!!
by tekxtreme / April 15, 2013 5:49 PM PDT

I've been searching online for any suggestions on compatible keyboards for the same Samsung TV EH5300 bought at Bestbuy Canada. Came across a few posts mentioning the Logitech K400 but I was still in doubt until I came across this tip that confirmed it. So I went to get the K400. Plugged the receiver in the 2nd USB port (for devices) and voila, the keyboard worked right out of the box. Went into Device Manager in the TV Menu, the TV recognized the USB keyboard.

So another confirmation from me that the K400 does work with Samsung Smart TV EH5300. Though, one minor thing is that the keyboard does not work with the Youtube app. In fact, NO keyboards would work with the youtube app (confirmed by a Samsung tech) because the app itself does not support keyboard input. Something that should be suggested to the Youtube app team for Samsung store.

Collapse -
With the K400, do you have to have a laptop connected?
by STrombetti / February 18, 2014 10:09 AM PST
In reply to: it works!!!

Hi. We have the same t.v. and have been working on a way to have wireless keyboard WITHOUT a laptop. What, if anything is needed other than the keyboard and the t.v.?

Collapse -
Which model TV?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 18, 2014 10:14 AM PST

This old thread needs to close. One more and it's closed. Answer fast.

Collapse -
Samsung EH5300 Smart TV - No USB port for Logitech K400?
by crcsanfran / June 25, 2013 10:16 AM PDT

I followed your tip and purchased a Logitech K400 wireless keyboard, however instead of USB ports, it has HDMI ports. Any suggestions please?

Thank you!

Collapse -
Link please.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 25, 2013 10:55 AM PDT

That model wasn't found with a search at samsung.com
This thread is more than 335 days old. Why so long to post again?
Bob

Collapse -
If your TV doesn't have USB ports...
by stef24x7 / June 27, 2013 3:15 AM PDT

What model? If it doesn't have USB, then you can't use a K400. Does it have Bluetooth?

Collapse -
No USB Port??
by njnfrankie123 / July 13, 2013 12:55 AM PDT

crcsanfran-Have you figured out what to do since there are HDMI ports and not USB? I am in the same situation and very frustrated with Logitech and Samsung. Logitech customer service states their keyboards do not work with Samsung smart TV's and Samsung states I needs to purchase a Samsung keyboard. What was your outcome?

Collapse -
Works Perfectly ????
by msp5527 / July 2, 2013 9:36 PM PDT

Are you kidding me? I wouldn't say perfectly.

Have you tried to use that keyboard on your TV in this forum or email to type a message? How is the enter/return key working for you there? It doesn't. You can't get a line break to form paragraphs so you're stuck with on giant run on sentence that you need to scroll horizontally to read.

So, no, wireless keyboards (not just this one. I imagine ALL) aren't 'perfect' with Samsung TVs.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.