Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung customer support is the worst

by jmetrisin / January 14, 2009 11:33 PM PST

I bought a 52" LCD (LN52A850) back in November. This TV had a phenomenal picture and I was quite happy with it. Unfortunately, it quit working after 4-days. Samsung tech support came out and was unable to repair it. They eventually agreed to send me a new TV. I've made numerous phone calls and elevating this to their "Executive Customer Service" dept. I have received nothing but excuses and delays, and after nearly 5-weeks, I still have no working TV, nor do I know when I will get one. I get apologies, but they won't even offer me a partial refund, credit voucher, or any other compensation.

Just beware that although Samsung produces some great, top rated TV's, their customer care is just about the worst I've ever enocuntered.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung customer support is the worst
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung customer support is the worst
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Customer Service
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 15, 2009 2:58 AM PST

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with our Customer Service. Instead of making any excuses or apologizes, I'd like to see if maybe I can elevate your case.

It's never our intention to deliver anything but good service, and we don't always meet the mark. I'm not a member of Service (well, I have access, of course) nor am I a member of the ECR, but maybe I can get some quicker attention to your situation.

Do you have a support transacton number, starting with 4001xxxxxx or 2001xxxxx that maybe I could ask about?

Collapse -
SAMSUNG support
by jmetrisin / January 15, 2009 3:02 AM PST
In reply to: Customer Service

Sure. Any help would be appreciated. My transaction number is: 4003025179

Thank you.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 15, 2009 2:53 PM PST
In reply to: SAMSUNG support

I have escalated your complaint and transaction number up, and while I can't make any promises in terms of resolution (I have no authority on decisions), perhaps we can get some answers.

I apologize for the delay; and for your inconvenience.

Collapse -
Too little... too late...
by jmetrisin / January 15, 2009 9:48 PM PST
In reply to: Escalated...

Dear HDTech,

Thanks for taking an interested in my problem. I have to admit that I reached my boiling point yesterday. Like you, everyone I talked to at Samsung is polite, interested in helping, but then nothing happens to move things along.

On the other hand, I also contacted AMAZON customer support yesterday. I explained that I've been waiting 5-weeks for a repair, and they IMMEDIATELY offered to send me a new TV and asked that I cancel my service request with Samsung. --- Now that's how customer support should work.

So, what can I offer to the CNET readers out there.

Product Quality - A: I still think Samsung makes the best LCD's out there. The picture quality is best. controls and features are intuitive, nice.

Tech Support - A: Samsung folks who monitor this forum are genuinely interested and very helpful with TECHNICAL advice.

Customer Support -F: If you need repair or replacement, you're screwed. There are too many people in the service chain, creating numerious opportunities for things to get stalled. No one person will take ownership of a customer problem. Even 2nd or 3rd level support personnel don't have the authority to make decisions. Even when they admit they screwed up, they don't offer any meaningful compensation.

Collapse -
you gotta be kidding me
by Lascivious1 / January 15, 2009 3:01 AM PST

info like this will have me looking at the LG tv's .

Collapse -
by RjNa / July 27, 2010 4:00 AM PDT

I am receiving the same "song and dance" Samsung customer support for my Washer (WF419AAW/XAA) and the LCD HDTV (LA32A550P1RLXL) I bought for my house in India.

Yes, they have a good looking product, but it is of NO USE to me if
it is NOT reliable for more than an year.

For the washer: Their technician has visited in an attempt to fix the leakage in the washer on 5/11/10, 6/5/10, 6/12/10, 7/2/10 and 7/17/10 and now they are sending a Super-technician to look at the problem.

I am tired of ruining my weekends on waiting for their tech to learn and be a student on my time. I have called Samsung customer support to find out if this washer can be replaced with a new one.

They tell me they have a log of only one visit in their system, disregarding to listen or make a note of all the Invoice #'s I have of their visits.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.